Jim Mcelwain is out at Florida.

TheMaximumHornetSting

To be honest McElwain lasted longer than I thought. Lol. 

He didn't seem to fit the same exact way Muschamp didn't fit. 

They need to find a guy who has a track record of explosive offenses. 

Mike Leach comes to mind. But he might not want to come to a high pressure job like that. He is probably comfortable being a rockstar up in Wazzou. 

Bobby Petrino knows the state very well considering Louisville has the most Florida natives out of all the non Florida colleges. 

Scott Frost seems to be the hottest young coach in college now but will be choose Florida over Nebraska? You know they will be going after him hard in the offseason. 

Rich Rod is a personal favorite. He could have success with his offense and the talent he could utilize. 

Dana Holgersen as a dark horse. 

Gonna be interesting 

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

Mike Leach comes to mind. But he might not want to come to a high pressure job like that. He is probably comfortable being a rockstar up in Wazzou. 

Bobby Petrino knows the state very well considering Louisville has the most Florida natives out of all the non Florida colleges. 

Scott Frost seems to be the hottest young coach in college now but will be choose Florida over Nebraska? You know they will be going after him hard in the offseason. 

Rich Rod is a personal favorite. He could have success with his offense and the talent he could utilize. 

Gonna be interesting 

Both McElwain and Muschamp had the same record when they were fired

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Gonna be interesting 

Florida is trying to reduce Mcelwains buyout.... lol... this isnt gonna go well.....

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Gonna be interesting 

Mike leach would go to Florida in a second. He coached in key west after tx tech and loved it. Doubt he would get job though. 

Petrino too old. Want a fresh start. 

Frost .... getting warmer. 

Rich rod was on the hot seat few weeks ago until he found Tate kid at qb. He’s not the answer failed miserably at Michigan. 

I think it’s Dan Mullen’s job to lose. Coached at Florida before and has done exceptional job at miss state where resources not as good as Florida and harder to get players. 

Chip kellys name will be thrown around bc he’s offensive minded but if im AD it’s Mullen 1A Frost 1B. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Florida is trying to reduce Mcelwains buyout.... lol... this isnt gonna go well.....

They were going to try and get out of it completely .... hired lawyers to see if his comments Regarding death threats can nullify buyout if proven untrue. 

1 minute ago, Mjd33 said:

Mike leach would go to Florida in a second. He coached in key west after tx tech and loved it. Doubt he would get job though. 

Petrino too old. Want a fresh start. 

Frost .... getting warmer. 

Rich rod was on the hot seat few weeks ago until he found Tate kid at qb. He’s not the answer failed miserably at Michigan. 

I think it’s Dan Mullen’s job to lose. Coached at Florida before and has done exceptional job at miss state where resources not as good as Florida and harder to get players. 

Chip kellys name will be thrown around bc he’s offensive minded but if im AD it’s Mullen 1A Frost 1B. 

Frost i think is staying at UCF or going to Nebraska

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Frost i think is staying at UCF or going to Nebraska

He’s done an incredible job at ucf ... but it’s a pit stop. Nebraska not the same job it was in 80s-90s ..... just because he has ties there doesn’t mean he will go there even though Nebraska will want him. Frost will have the pick of the litter .... 

Just now, Mjd33 said:

He’s done an incredible job at ucf ... but it’s a pit stop. Nebraska not the same job it was in 80s-90s ..... just because he has ties there doesn’t mean he will go there even though Nebraska will want him. Frost will have the pick of the litter .... 

Why is UCF a pit stop. I never understood that. A lot of times these schools like UCF and such are better jobs. Lower expectations still making millions as a coach. Hes making 2.3 million in a state with no income state tax. he goes to nebraska lets say for argument sake and goes 6-6 7-5 8-4 in 3 years the fans there will be calling for his head as well. Id rather stay at a school with low expectations and talent and UCF has talent and they are top 20 this year and play for those G5 NYE Bowl games. 

4 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

It's safe to say that some people aspire to more than you do.

When your getting paid chilling in florida at a school that isnt a Miami Nebraska ND Alabama etc etc things are good. You go under the radar build a nice team and get paid. Really no stress there at all. and its not like UCF doesnt get people they get athletes. Maybe he can get some UF kids to flip to UCF with the firing of JM. 2.3 million a year is a nice chunk of change. 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

When your getting paid chilling in florida at a school that isnt a Miami Nebraska ND Alabama etc etc things are good. You go under the radar build a nice team and get paid. Really no stress there at all.

Again, people with more competitive juices than you have are challenged to move up and prove to themselves they can succeed at the highest levels.

• Like 1

2 time SEC East Champions, SEC Coach of the Year, and AFCA Regional Coach of the Year while at Florida. I think he's a good coach, maybe he's struggling right now, and I DO know that wins don't always mean you are a good coach (sometimes you just can't lose with the talent you have been left), but give the brother a slap on the wrist or a stern talking to. I think he deserved at least one more year.

Although, I guess with the money that coaches make nowadays schools want results NOW. Problem is, doesn't that create an unstable environment for coaches/players/recruits?

7 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Again, people with more competitive juices than you have are challenged to move up and prove to themselves they can succeed at the highest levels.

and when they get fired everyone feels sorry for them. #DUMB #GRASSISNTALWAYSGREENER

Guaranteed 2 million dollars with a solid program and no headaches or 5 million dollars with alumni and everyone else breathing down your neck

You can be a very competitive person and know when your in a good spot. 

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

Why is UCF a pit stop. I never understood that. A lot of times these schools like UCF and such are better jobs. Lower expectations still making millions as a coach. Hes making 2.3 million in a state with no income state tax. he goes to nebraska lets say for argument sake and goes 6-6 7-5 8-4 in 3 years the fans there will be calling for his head as well. Id rather stay at a school with low expectations and talent and UCF has talent and they are top 20 this year and play for those G5 NYE Bowl games. 

Doesn’t work like that .... and like I said I doubt he goes to Nebraska.