Alabama Senate seat...

DBP66

It looks like it just went to the Dems....

Woman Says Alabama Senate Nominee Roy Moore Sexually Assaulted Her When She Was 14

HuffPost Sebastian Murdock,HuffPost 1 hour 32 minutes ago

•  

Woman Says Alabama Senate Nominee Roy Moore Sexually Assaulted Her When She Was 14

A woman says GOP Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore sexually assaulted  her when she was 14. 

Leigh Corfman, now 53, told The Washington Post in an article published Thursday that Moore, then a 32-year-old assistant district attorney, took off her shirt and removed his clothes in the 1979 incident. He touched her over her bra and led the child’s hands to touch him over his underwear, she said.

“I wanted it over with — I wanted out,” Corfman told the paper. “Please just get this over with. Whatever this is, just get it over.” 

Three other women said Moore also made sexual advances to them when they were teenagers around the same time, according to the newspaper. Wendy Miller said she was working as a Santa’s helper at a mall when she was 14 when Moore first approached her. By the time she was 16, Moore was allegedly asking her out on dates.

The age of consent was and continues to be 16 in Alabama.

Moore, in a written statement to the Post, denied doing anything inappropriate.

“These allegations are completely false and are a desperate political attack by the National Democrat Party and the Washington Post on this campaign,” Moore said.

In the past, Moore has blasted same-sex marriage, referred to Islam as a “false religion,” and said the Sept. 11 terror attacks were punishment for the United States’ godlessness. 

A special election for the U.S. Senate seat in Alabama vacated by now-Attorney General Jeff Sessions takes place Dec. 12. Moore is up against Democrat Doug Jones

Just now, DBP66 said:

•  

A woman says GOP Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore sexually assaulted  her when she was 14. 

Leigh Corfman, now 53, told The Washington Post in an article published Thursday that Moore, then a 32-year-old assistant district attorney, took off her shirt and removed his clothes in the 1979 incident. He touched her over her bra and led the child’s hands to touch him over his underwear, she said.

“I wanted it over with — I wanted out,” Corfman told the paper. “Please just get this over with. Whatever this is, just get it over.” 

Three other women said Moore also made sexual advances to them when they were teenagers around the same time, according to the newspaper. Wendy Miller said she was working as a Santa’s helper at a mall when she was 14 when Moore first approached her. By the time she was 16, Moore was allegedly asking her out on dates.

“These allegations are completely false and are a desperate political attack by the National Democrat Party and the Washington Post on this campaign,” Moore said.

In the past, Moore has blasted same-sex marriage, referred to Islam as a “false religion,” and said the Sept. 11 terror attacks were punishment for the United States’ godlessness. 

A special election for the U.S. Senate seat in Alabama vacated by now-Attorney General Jeff Sessions takes place Dec. 12. Moore is up against Democrat Doug Jones

Smear campaign. They cant win in Alabama and they know it. Moore has been in office for a long time and nothing has come up remotely close to this. Voters will see right thru this BS

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Smear campaign. They cant win in Alabama and they know it. Moore has been in office for a long time and nothing has come up remotely close to this. Voters will see right thru this BS

...maybe you missed this sentence?..."Three other women said Moore also made sexual advances to them when they were teenagers around the same time,"....more "fake news"???...O.o

Report: Moore accused of sexual contact with 14-year old

WASHINGTON (AP) -- An Alabama woman says Roy Moore, the Republican nominee for next month's U.S. Senate election, made inappropriate advances and had sexual contact with her when she was 14, according to a Washington Post story Thursday.

The Moore campaign called the report "the very definition of fake news and intentional defamation."

Senior Republicans swiftly called for Moore to step aside if the allegations are shown to be true.

"The allegations against Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore are deeply troubling," said Colorado Sen. Chairman Cory Gardner, who leads the Senate GOP campaign arm. "If these allegations are found to be true, Roy Moore must drop out of the Alabama special Senate election."

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell added, "If these allegations are true, he must step aside."

The Moore campaign's statement said, "Judge Roy Moore has endured the most outlandish attacks on any candidate in the modern political arena, but this story in today's Washington Post alleging sexual impropriety takes the cake," reads the statement, noting that Moore has been married to the same woman for 33 years and has four children and five grandchildren.

The Moore campaign continued, "After over 40 years of public service, if any of these allegations were true, they would have been made public long before now."

The incidents are reported to have taken place when Moore, the 70-year-old former state Supreme Court judge, was serving as an assistant district attorney in his early 30s, according to the Post.

The newspaper reports that Moore, then 32, first approached 14-year-old Leigh Corfman in early 1979 outside a courtroom in Etowah county, Alabama. After phone calls and meetings, he drove her to his home some days later and kissed her, the Post quotes Corfman as saying. On a second visit, he took off her shirt and pants and removed his clothes except for his underwear before touching her over her bra and underpants, Corfman told the Post. He also guided her hand to touch him over his underwear, she said.

"I wanted it over with — I wanted out," she told the Post. "Please just get this over with. Whatever this is, just get it over."

Moore won the right to represent the GOP in the Dec. 12 special election after surviving a bruising primary election that divided the GOP, including President Donald Trump and his former chief strategist Steve Bannon. Trump backed Sen. Luther Strange in the contest, while Bannon and much of the far-right portion of the party backed Moore.

Soon after the Post report was published, several Republicans joined calls from GOP leaders for Moore to leave the race.

This is very disturbing. If there is truth to these allegations, Roy Moore should stand aside immediately. While I am concerned that these allegations have just come to light, in the context of allegations against individuals of all political stripes recently (and some against those with no known political leanings), which appear to have truth to them, I would not be surprised if they were true.

For whatever reasons, reasons I don't fully understand, it seems that victims of this type of crime have a hard time coming forward until someone else does first. Just look at what happened in the Bill Crosby situation. 

The irony here, if these allegations are true, is that this is a man that has cloaked himself in religion and with the bible!

6 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

This is very disturbing. If there is truth to these allegations, Roy Moore should stand aside immediately. While I am concerned that these allegations have just come to light, in the context of allegations against individuals of all political stripes recently (and some against those with no known political leanings), which appear to have truth to them, I would not be surprised if they were true.

For whatever reasons, reasons I don't fully understand, it seems that victims of this type of crime have a hard time coming forward until someone else does first. Just look at what happened in the Bill Crosby situation. 

The irony here, if these allegations are true, is that this is a man that has cloaked himself in religion and with the bible!

The statute of limitations of the alleged crime has completely run out. Also what timing. Less than 1 month away from the election. This is a farce

54 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

The statute of limitations of the alleged crime ...

Hold the Phone???

Forget Republican/Democrat, Black/White, etc etc (yeah i know tough to do), but just what CRIME??

Now maybe I'm just being a 'man' here but.....only question/problem I see here is if age is truely accurate with events...at one point i got the impression he knew what he was doing by waiting on at least one girl (not that it helps any 'moral' opinion), so not sure how accurate this might be.

Notice EXACTLY what he is ACTUALLY BEING acused of..."Three other women said Moore also made sexual advances to them when they were teenagers around the same time, according to the newspaper. "

Not quite the same as 'rape' now is it? And if the age of 'full on sexual intercourse consent' is 16....well yeah then some guys might try their luck on ya...

This story at best reads like some naive adolescents first sexual experiences tho (albeit from a long ago)... at face value:

- Guy making moves on girl.  Girl says "Please just get this over with. Whatever this is, just get it over."....This happens while their both half naked ......and the dude leaves giving up on his 'slide play' where he doesn't even get to second base?  ¬¬WAY to many 'unknowns' for sure, but there really does seem fairly tame stuff ....

Yeah i get it, no means no, but does anyone REALLY see a crime here as described?

16 minutes ago, ResidentTroll said:

Hold the Phone???

Forget Republican/Democrat, Black/White, etc etc (yeah i know tough to do), but just what CRIME??

Now maybe I'm just being a 'man' here but.....only question/problem I see here is if age is truely accurate with events...at one point i got the impression he knew what he was doing by waiting on at least one girl (not that it helps any 'moral' opinion), so not sure how accurate this might be.

Notice EXACTLY what he is ACTUALLY BEING acused of..."Three other women said Moore also made sexual advances to them when they were teenagers around the same time, according to the newspaper. "

Not quite the same as 'rape' now is it? And if the age of 'full on sexual intercourse consent' is 16....well yeah then some guys might try their luck on ya...

This story at best reads like some naive adolescents first sexual experiences tho (albeit from a long ago)... at face value:

- Guy making moves on girl.  Girl says "Please just get this over with. Whatever this is, just get it over."....This happens while their both half naked ......and the dude leaves giving up on his 'slide play' where he doesn't even get to second base?  ¬¬WAY to many 'unknowns' for sure, but there really does seem fairly tame stuff ....

Yeah i get it, no means no, but does anyone REALLY see a crime here as described?

The encounter with the 14 year old would have been a prosecutable crime if it had been reported and prosecuted within the statutes of limitations that existed in Alabama. 

Beyond that though, to my mind the problem with all of these alleged encounters is that here you have a man in his 30s looking to pick up "teenage girls" for sexual/romantic encounters. It seems to me to be a reflection of deep deficiencies in his character. As one who has actually taught in the classroom at one time, it has never, ever occurred to me, even when I was in my 20s, to try and engage in such a relationship with one of my students. You just DON'T DO THAT!

For those of you too blinded by partisan politics to get this, all I have to say is: I am glad you are not the arbiters of justice in our society!

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

The encounter with the 14 year old would have been a prosecutable crime if it had been reported and prosecuted within the statutes of limitations that existed in Alabama. 

Beyond that though, to my mind the problem with all of these alleged encounters is that here you have a man in his 30s looking to pick up "teenage girls" for sexual/romantic encounters. It seems to me to be a reflection of deep deficiencies in his character. As one who has actually taught in the classroom at one time, it has never, ever occurred to me, even when I was in my 20s, to try and engage in such a relationship with one of my students. You just DON'T DO THAT!

For those of you too blinded by partisan politics to get this, all I have to say is: I am glad you are not the arbiters of justice in our society!

^great post...it's funny how quick the excuse makers come to the rescue...sickening..

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

That's what I said tho.... the actual age is the only question...if really at 16 there is in fact NO CRIME here.  And certainly no crime with regard to any of the other 'accusers' thrown into the mix...so why are they even there?

I also alluded to 'moral character' as tarnished.  But really, if the government decides that it is her right to consent at 16,  then how 'RIGHT' is that of you (PUN ;)) to make judgements if she chooses a more secure older fellow???

Nothing to do with politics...unless you consider 'sexism' to be politics....

3 hours ago, DBP66 said:

•  

You get such a hard on for anything you read that fits your agenda....it's almost comical.

3 minutes ago, DBP66 said:
5 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

^^..I get a hard-on?...it's the lead story on all the major news outlets tonight Ironlady..it's a big deal....the your boys just lost a VALUABLE Senate seat....pretty comical huh?....:$

all the major news outlets....really?     all the major news outlets!

Hard on for Trump?  all the major news outlets?  I get a hard-on?   NO it's...

ON all the major news outlets....I get a hard-on?.....it's a HARD ON on all the major news outlets!!

IT IS 'hard on' on all the major news outlets .....ooh ooh .....ah......aaaaaaaaaaaaaah!...

14 minutes ago, ResidentTroll said:

all the major news outlets....really?     all the major news outlets!

Hard on for Trump?  all the major news outlets?  I get a hard-on?   NO it's...

ON all the major news outlets....I get a hard-on?.....it's a HARD ON on all the major news outlets!!

IT IS 'hard on' on all the major news outlets .....ooh ooh .....ah......aaaaaaaaaaaaaah!...

ok Lurch...i thought you had 1/2 a head on your shoulders...looks like I was wrong...MINUS ONE SENATE SEAT...MORON...O.o

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, aZjimbo said:

How fucking stupid are you?

Me?..you don't like my "fake news" stories? ..the cut and paste articles?..shoot the messenger James???...you-Concha-Tex-Blueballs are too funny....you guys read something I post and you nutty neo-cons go into "mad mode" and start you're cursing acts like a bunch of stupid kids...thanks for the laughs fellas...;)