Alabama Senate seat...

DBP66

32 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I lived in Glenview, IL while stationed at MEPS in Des Plaines.  I will assure you the South Side of Chicago is not the complete hell hole you think.  I have never seen as many African American Business including book stores as on the South Side of Chicago.  Dude get out and see somethings  

I in no way am saying that poverty applies to all blacks in Chicago nor even all living in the SS. The South and West Sides of Chicago are home to communities with poverty rates typically in the 40% to 60% range. Large parts of these areas actually suffer from "deep poverty" (income levels at half the federal poverty rate or less).  Most of these communities are black. I can back up the data if you like.

BTW, just so you know, I used to live in Chicago just a short walk from the now gone Cabrini Green projects.

34 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Only the AA community gets defined by the lowest among us.  Let me see if old Devildog can offer a perspective where the blinded ones can see their own hypocrisy.  

Lets assume that there was an African American running for Senator with allegations of Child Molestation and 68% of black people voted for him.  The constant diatribe would be this is a greater reflection of their communities as a whole and would be questioning our moral fiber and the character of black families and communities.  Well guess what White Alabama did just this last night but somehow that is not reflection on their moral character. When in fact it tells the whole nation that their is moral corruption among that community by their voting.  So the attempt to paint AA's as a community of run down schools (Study history), High incarceration rates (Racial bias in Judicial system), it would seem any community that continues to exist despite these obstacles should be applauded, hell other communities have major advances yet commit suicide in droves and are addicted to Opiod's but don't get incarcerated but a black kid smoking weed does.    See how I reflected on that communities issues as well.  B|

You could also use a crackhead mayor stuffing money in his freezer. That's a more entertaining example, for future reference.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, concha said:

I in no way am saying that poverty applies to all blacks in Chicago nor even all living in the SS. The South and West Sides of Chicago are home to communities with poverty rates typically in the 40% to 60% range. Large parts of these areas actually suffer from "deep poverty" (income levels at half the federal poverty rate or less).  Most of these communities are black. I can back up the data if you like.

BTW, just so you know, I used to live in Chicago just a short walk from the now gone Cabrini Green projects.

I in know way try to minimize the ills of any community.   Poverty is an American issue.  Look at this I don't give a damn about a Democrat here is my reason
Democrats take the minority votes for granted and they put forth no legislation to address or attempt to fix anything.  Throwing money down a hole only fills up the well it does nothing for those looking into the well.  Yet poor blacks and immigrants fall for this

Republicans don't give a damn about poor rural whites, but they sell them on fear of others taking from them what they actually don't have.  No one wants your damn tractor, poor English and Rebel flags.  Yet their nationalism appeals to them.  Yet no programs to benefit them. That is why the Republican South is the poorest areas in America including Urban areas.  Hell a kid in Detroit has access to High Speed Internet most of Rural America doesn't

I am in the Insurance Industry all those free phones that ignorant fools tried to blame on Obama were actually started under a Republican to give Rural Persons avenues of communication and it benefitted rural whites the most.   I Just completed a course of study on how to communicate with Immigrants and Rural Americans due to their lack of Communication.  Guess what the majority were Mexican and Poor Whites.    So you tell me one Party creates Poverty and the other Prosperity.  It's B.S.

Neither Party gives a damn yet one side is more inclined to think the other is the cause of Poverty and not realize they are Broke as hell with the lowest Education and further from cities with more opportunity for growth.  I will take Baltimore any day over Charleston, W.V.

20 minutes ago, concha said:

Then you will know firsthand what encompasses the south side even with it's problems.  The minority causing angst gets all the attention for those looking to point fingers.   Chicago had long held the title of #1 City for black businesses and the majority were in the South Side.  Now recently the emergence of Atlanta and Memphis, have attracted that business and caused it to shrink from the title.  By the way cities led by Democrats.  Some call it the new Migration where they are moving back South.  By the way the Great Migration hurt black growth in the South as the brightest went North and West with their education and left the labor types in the South.

16 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I in know way try to minimize the ills of any community.   Poverty is an American issue.  Look at this I don't give a damn about a Democrat here is my reason
Democrats take the minority votes for granted and they put forth no legislation to address or attempt to fix anything.  Throwing money down a hole only fills up the well it does nothing for those looking into the well.  Yet poor blacks and immigrants fall for this

Republicans don't give a damn about poor rural whites, but they sell them on fear of others taking from them what they actually don't have.  No one wants your damn tractor, poor English and Rebel flags.  Yet their nationalism appeals to them.  Yet no programs to benefit them. That is why the Republican South is the poorest areas in America including Urban areas.  Hell a kid in Detroit has access to High Speed Internet most of Rural America doesn't

I am in the Insurance Industry all those free phones that ignorant fools tried to blame on Obama were actually started under a Republican to give Rural Persons avenues of communication and it benefitted rural whites the most.   I Just completed a course of study on how to communicate with Immigrants and Rural Americans due to their lack of Communication.  Guess what the majority were Mexican and Poor Whites.    So you tell me one Party creates Poverty and the other Prosperity.  It's B.S.

Neither Party gives a damn yet one side is more inclined to think the other is the cause of Poverty and not realize they are Broke as hell with the lowest Education and further from cities with more opportunity for growth.  I will take Baltimore any day over Charleston, W.V.

You and i are in violent agreement about your first paragraph.

Regarding your second, rural whites just generally want to be left alone. They tend to be country folk whose lives and local economies typically revolve around working the land.  While poverty certainly exists there, as i have pointed out, when you take cost of living into account the story changes hugely.  $50k, hell, $25k in the rural South goes a helluva lot farther than it does in Chicago, Newark, Philly and on down the line.

The phone program under Bush was intended to be very limited in scope and then - as is typical of everything in Washington DC - it was turned into a money wasting boondoggle used to buy votes.

Charleston WV isn't my cup of tea either, but If you were making $40k a year, had to support a family and had the choice between Baltimore and Charleston, you might think differently.  

21 minutes ago, concha said:

You and i are in violent agreement about your first paragraph.

Regarding your second, rural whites just generally want to be left alone. They tend to be country folk whose lives and local economies typically revolve around working the land.  While poverty certainly exists there, as i have pointed out, when you take cost of living into account the story changes hugely.  $50k, hell, $25k in the rural South goes a helluva lot farther than it does in Chicago, Newark, Philly and on down the line.

The phone program under Bush was intended to be very limited in scope and then - as is typical of everything in Washington DC - it was turned into a money wasting boondoggle used to buy votes.

Charleston WV isn't my cup of tea either, but If you were making $40k a year, had to support a family and had the choice between Baltimore and Charleston, you might think differently.  

No problem with your assessment thou I wish you had the same sentiment for the additional take. And with that I amicably part this discussion on a good note with you as usual.  WTF no calling me a Moron once.  Dude you getting soft on me Lex xD But I still wish you had the same violent agreement on my 2nd statement.  Hey I can't be in complete nature with you if so it would screw up the dialogue.  Peace be unto You

7 hours ago, noonereal said:

I think you forgot the 2 biggest facts in success, who you know and luck.

@DevilDog

You may want to read up on the subject. I was not expressing an opinion.

Guess what is the biggest determiner of future wealth (be it lots, little or none)

The parents socioeconomic standing at a child's birth is the best predictor. 

This is why inner city programs that provide opportunities are so important. 

• Like 1