Louisiana and Oklahoma Playoffs Round 2

spflynn

We have 3 playoff games this weekend (Nov. 17-18).  One Louisiana 5A playoff game on Friday and two semi-final playoff games Saturday for Oklahoma 6A-I.  All of the games should be competitive, but the two Oklahoma match-ups should be really good games.  I've been very impressed with the level of play from Oklahoma.  Union and Owasso are the top ranked teams from Oklahoma and will likely meet in the championship... however, it is high school football so you never know.  Here are the links to articles about the games and streams.  Enjoy! 

Overview/articles for all the games:  https://www.yurview.com/gametime

• Like 3

Crap...I forgot my 5A picks:

West Monroe over Dutchtown

Barbe over Destrehan

St Amant over Airline

Zachary over Ehret

Acadiana over Landry-Walker

Live Oak over East Ascension

Hahnville over Ruston

Covington over Ouachita

Upset Alert:

Ruston over Hahnville --  Pooka Williams will do damage...But Hahnville's QB is going to have to show he can complete some passes...If not..Ruston can focus on limiting Williams (He can't be stopped the entire night...He will pop 1 or 2 at least).  If that happens...Game will be close...

Airline over St Amant --  Hey Gators...Remember 1994?

Play like yall did last week and Airline will give yall an encore performance...

Landry-Walker over Acadiana --  Yeeeah I know...I'm reaching with this one...But then again...Who had Landry-Walker winning state after starting 0-2 last season???  Walker's D can limit Acadiana's Veer attack (They've seen it before..).  It comes down to Landry-Walker's QB getting the ball to their skilled players...If he does...I think they can do it...

(Yes...I picked Live Oak over East Ascension...)

• Thanks 1

HA! Chattahoochee did that in Georgia back in 99. First high school team I ever saw use pyrotechnics as an entrance. 

Sugar Ray Leonard's son Jarrel was on that team and they also featured Sugar Ray arriving in a white stretch limo to the home sideline. 

A little much in my opinion. EA one upped that 99 display though. xD Hopefully that won't be all the fireworks they display. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

Crap...I forgot my 5A picks:

West Monroe over Dutchtown

Barbe over Destrehan

St Amant over Airline

Zachary over Ehret

Acadiana over Landry-Walker

Live Oak over East Ascension

Hahnville over Ruston

Covington over Ouachita

Upset Alert:

Ruston over Hahnville --  Pooka Williams will do damage...But Hahnville's QB is going to have to show he can complete some passes...If not..Ruston can focus on limiting Williams (He can't be stopped the entire night...He will pop 1 or 2 at least).  If that happens...Game will be close...

Airline over St Amant --  Hey Gators...Remember 1994?

Play like yall did last week and Airline will give yall an encore performance...

Landry-Walker over Acadiana --  Yeeeah I know...I'm reaching with this one...But then again...Who had Landry-Walker winning state after starting 0-2 last season???  Walker's D can limit Acadiana's Veer attack (They've seen it before..).  It comes down to Landry-Walker's QB getting the ball to their skilled players...If he does...I think they can do it...

(Yes...I picked Live Oak over East Ascension...)

You were correct

Live Oak  34  East Ascension  26

• Like 1