Bosco 2016

noonereal

Disappointed with DBP's loss, as it relates to my pick 'em. I switched to them around Wednesday as I just couldn't go against Toal in a playoffs match-up. 

Idk about the rest of that. I think a coach has to be willing to adjust his style to what the landscape has become, and if he hasn't done or isn't willing to do that, then he'll be a fossil soon enough. 

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Idk about the rest of that. I think a coach has to be willing to adjust his style to what the landscape has become, and if he hasn't done or isn't willing to do that, then he'll be a fossil soon enough. 

I am sure he is willing but is he able to? People drown all the time because they can't swim. They want to but they just never learned how. I honestly think this is the case with Coach Toal.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, noonereal said:

I am sure he is willing but is he able to? People drown all the time because they can't swim. They want to but they just never learned how. I honestly think this is the case with Coach Toal.

I haven't thought about it in those terms, but yeah, I can totally get the comparison. Maybe he can get some of the right people around him in a support cast and make the necessary adjustments. 

1 minute ago, ATLien12x said:

Is the loss to PC a bit of a shocker?

No. Pc handled  them in regular season w ease. Bosco struggled w speed of pc offense and Brito the pc qB. 

Forgot to mention the best bosco player returning Tyler Friday a lineman. Will Prob be 5 star guy when it's all said and done.

5 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

Bosco very young and returning a lot. 4 linemen back. Others high on Qb waiting in wings. Brennan, Courtney, frosh RB. Ellington I think his name is turning out to be real good player. 

Bosco will be much better next year. 

It's been more than personal that has taken Bosco out of the top 25... and now top 100.

I think 2017 is critical. Can Toal turn the attitude back to a TEAM filled with tough guys or will a new crop of daddyball be harvested? 

People forget that the past 5 or so years Bosco has lost some very good coaches. Not saying football is being put on the backburner but don't think its as important as it once was. We all know about parity. Since the 2011 Bosco team, not one of the big boys has gone undefeated. And since 2011 Bosco as gone 8-3, 7-4, 7-4, 9-3, 6-5 (37-19), though against some tough competition. 

1 minute ago, aZjimbo said:

People forget that the past 5 or so years Bosco has lost some very good coaches. Not saying football is being put on the backburner but don't think its as important as it once was. We all know about parity. Since the 2011 Bosco team, not one of the big boys has gone undefeated. And since 2011 Bosco as gone 8-3, 7-4, 7-4, 9-3, 6-5 (37-19), though against some tough competition. 

Glad to see ya!!!!!

2 minutes ago, aZjimbo said:

JIMBO!!!!! Atta boy

On 11/20/2016 at 6:23 AM, noonereal said:

Thank God it's over. 

Bosco is at #143 this morning.... it's lowest national season ending since 2001 but in 2001 there were no top 100 polls or rating algorithms so.....

But, what about the future? Is Toal a dinosaur? 

Can he continue to be successful in the land of daddyball on steroids? 

And WHY on God's green earth, are they THAT highly ranked with a THOUSAND LOSSES? They would have been hard pressed to make the frickin playoffs in Georgia's 1-7A! There are at LEAST twenty teams in the Peach State, better than the TOUGH GUYS!!!

14 minutes ago, noonereal said:

PrepGridiron, see my above post. I could not clear that in any way so finally I just posted it to try and clear it out of my reply box. I had been trying to quote Golf. I'll try again now. 

I noticed an issue like that once last night as well. I eventually exited the thread and returned, in effect refreshing the page. It seemed that my cursor was trapped inside the "quote box" and I couldn't make it do anything on "my" portion of the post. 

Not sure what's going on there. 

14 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Look at the bright side NOR, Klinsmann was canned today.   Imo, it's an athlete problem not a coaching problem but let's hope for the best.   Bruce Arenas seems to be a name being tossed around.   A 2nd term perhaps... we will find out soon.  

OK, works now. 

Golf, I worry about all the damage already done.

He's an arrogant, petty, aZZ and should have never been hired.

His philosophy simply does not work here.

This is a different culture.

I have been with several European brands during my career and the ones that don't adapt to the American culture, just try to replicate exactly how they do things in Europe, have all failed. This is the path US Soccer is on. 

Are you affiliated in any way with soccer? I had breakfast last week with a couple of former Men's National Team players.

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

I noticed an issue like that once last night as well. I eventually exited the thread and returned, in effect refreshing the page. It seemed that my cursor was trapped inside the "quote box" and I couldn't make it do anything on "my" portion of the post. 

Not sure what's going on there. 

I tried that but it woyld not clear. Even closed my browser and rebooted my laptop. Not till I posted it would it clear. 

Plus, I was trying to quote Golf! and that Jimbo message kept popping in.