Folsom 49 Helix 42 F

PrepGridiron

55 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

St. Brown is a flat out stud, no doubt. But I think Ngata might have a higher ceiling if for no other reason due to his size and physicality. He's simply much bigger and stronger. Reminds me a little bit ofJarvis Landry but with Larry Fitzgerald's size. Being a JR, we may even see him step it up to another level next season. 

As I've been saying for weeks, Folsom has 2 receivers that are difficult to tackle in the open field and both can take it the distance. Just ask Helix's 5 star CB.

Considering the early pick 6 and getting down 14-0 before many fans settled into their seats, Folsom rebounded well against a pretty good albeit not great opponent.

Outscored them 49-28 the remaining 3 and 1/2 quarters.

They have tremendous skill players who are on an elite level.The lines however would falter vs the better teams in California let alone the country.Helix ran the bal right at them in the 2nd half as their D line tired.They themselves didn’t run the ball that well getting most of their yards from the QB running 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ararar said:

They have tremendous skill players who are on an elite level.The lines however would falter vs the better teams in California let alone the country.Helix ran the bal right at them in the 2nd half as their D line tired.They themselves didn’t run the ball that well getting most of their yards from the QB running 

True. What would DLS, Cen10, SJB,  MD, Chandler, CentennialAz etc done to this defense? And I'm no knocking them, just saying they've got done work to do in that area. The Offense looks just fine so far. But Time for Folsom to get out of the kiddie pool though!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Folsom Prison said:

This year probably. Next year not so sure. Hopefully Folsom schedules someone elite. Like I’ve said they have nothing to lose.

No doubt that Folsom will be very good next year and likely a preseason top 25 ranked team. The thing is however that Bosco returns most of their team and will be absolutely stacked next year. It still will be good to see how Folsom would measure up. I actually think a more interesting game next year would be Folsom versus MD. MD graduates a lot but they still will be very good, but not as good as Bosco.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

I'd like to see the Folsom and DLS somehow play near the end of the season...a sort of play in game for the Open. I realize there will be league obligations, but I bet that if Folsom and DLS want it bad enough, they can make it happen.

Folsom also needs to play Cen10 and/or a Trinity League team. Preferably one of the better TL teams. 

This is the year they've GOT to step it up!

5 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Me too. I just don't see it. Can you imagine those Folsom linemen looking across the neutral zone at those Bosco linemen for the first time?! :oBut stranger things have happened. 

Sjb isn’t cathedral catholic, Oceanside, or helix let’s put it that way. 

Bosco already invited Folsom via a playful tweet to play them on Week zero which would be the first game ever in their new stadium. MD has 2 openings still for next season. I expect one of them to be a game in the Honor Bowl or Brothers in Arms Classic against a top opponent. So there are 2 opportunities for Folsom and MD to play.

1 hour ago, Blueliner said:

I'd like to see the Folsom and DLS somehow play near the end of the season...a sort of play in game for the Open. I realize there will be league obligations, but I bet that if Folsom and DLS want it bad enough, they can make it happen.

Folsom also needs to play Cen10 and/or a Trinity League team. Preferably one of the better TL teams. 

This is the year they've GOT to step it up!

The devil first and foremost needs to settle the Nor Cal argument by playing DLS, before they venture anywhere else.

24 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

I’m sure that Folsom would have loved to have poached LB Brandon Kaho from Reno too!

https://www.hudl.com/profile/1815131/brandon-kaho

Would you stop it already. Folsom didn’t poach anyone. Get your facts straight. https://www.google.com/amp/amp.sacbee.com/sports/high-school/joe-davidson/article189677829.html

Interesting blurb from the calhi sports article: 

“We want to play a big-time game for Week Zero,” Richardson told Cal-Hi Sports. “We are trying. We called De La Salle (Concord) and it probably will not work. We’ll do what we can to find someone. Maybe you can help.” https://www.calhisports.com/2017/12/16/friday-finals-serra-folsom-win/