Folsom 49 Helix 42 F

PrepGridiron

1 hour ago, Folsom Prison said:

Let the record show that Folsom has already reached out to DLS next year and for some “reason” DLS can’t do it.... you gotta be kidding me. 

1 hour ago, Folsom Prison said:

Let the record show that Folsom has already reached out to DLS next year and for some “reason” DLS can’t do it.... you gotta be kidding me. 

Uh. Let the record show that they reached out. Coach R could have very well have known that their schedules didn't align. Then he went public with the "we called DLS" shit.  I'm not sure why you'd even act like DLS has something to be scared about. DLS would never punt against that defense I saw last night. DLS is going to be really good next season. They will have their qb that they've been waiting for next year. He'll be Soph and is a stud. Strong arm and can run. Bosco is right there in front of them. Go get em. Lol!!

11 hours ago, Ararar said:

They have tremendous skill players who are on an elite level.The lines however would falter vs the better teams in California let alone the country.Helix ran the bal right at them in the 2nd half as their D line tired.They themselves didn’t run the ball that well getting most of their yards from the QB running 

I agree that the their lines and defense are gonna need to improve next season for them to compete at an elite level. The lines are what made their 2014 team so special. And the overall defense was a notch or two better. But this current team has superior skill talent on offense sans the QB position by comparison. But even then, QB Kaiden Bennett's athleticism and ability to run makes this offense more dangerous in some ways.

But those 2 receivers are a nightmare for anybody to matchup with. Someone said that Helix is a poor tackling team, which may indeed be true. I haven't seen enough of them to know. But I believe those 2 receivers make defenses look worse at it than they really are.

5 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Great point!  D-10 Paraclete who got boat raced by Narbonne, (14-56) and lost to Jokes (21-30),  beat Helix 23-6. 

D-10 Paraclete controlled Helix much easier than Folsom. 

#Perspective

@whiteshoes,

@omahavol

Weren't you just dismissing early season games when it involved SJB losing to Aquinas and further stated that it's about how they're playing later in the season?

I think an argument can be made that the Helix team Folsom faced on 12/15 is not the same as the one that lost to Paraclete on 9/2. Or does that logic not count since it's not a premier SS program?

I think we all agree that Helix is not elite. But they are a good team. Dismissing Folsom's W over them because of Helix's early season loss to an inferior team seems disingenuous to me. SJB lost to an inferior STA team that later lost 3 games, but you've argued that it's not a true indicator. Just maybe Helix is better than Paraclete now and could play with or beat the other teams you listed.

At least be consistent with how you judge these teams when using common opponents and how early in the season the game was played.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

Weren't you just dismissing early season games when it involved SJB losing to Aquinas and further stated that it's about how they're playing later in the season?

I think an argument can be made that the Helix team Folsom faced on 12/15 is not the same as the one that lost to Paraclete on 9/2. Or does that logic not count since it's not a premier SS program?

I think we all agree that Helix is not elite. But they are a good team. Dismissing Folsom's W over them because of Helix's early season loss to an inferior team seems disingenuous to me. SJB lost to an inferior STA team that later lost 3 games, but you've argued that it's not a true indicator. Just maybe Helix is better than Paraclete now and could play with or beat the other teams you listed.

At least be consistent with how you judge these teams when using common opponents and how early in the season the game was played.

SJB tied STA in regulation on the road in week 1 at STA.  The stats were all in SJB favor. 

Helix was dominated in all phases and lost 6-23 to D-10 Paraclete in week 3 

You cannot compare these two games.

18 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Folsom lost to Sacramento last year.  Highly unlikely they improved enough to be ranked in the Top 75 this year

Last year was the weakest Folsom team in recent history. This season they are very young and many of the players from this season didn’t play last season. The game last night wasn’t as close as the scoreboard indicates. If you even watched the game Folsom should have won by 3 touchdowns they spotted helix the first 14 points of the game and then made it look easy. We can all agree that Folsom wouldn’t beat sjb, md or probably DLS but they were def top 5 in the state. Hopefully next year they play one of those 3 and show they’re better than this board thinks. 

1 minute ago, Folsom Prison said:

Last year was the weakest Folsom team in recent history. This season they are very young and many of the players from this season didn’t play last season. The game last night wasn’t as close as the scoreboard indicates. If you even watched the game Folsom should have won by 3 touchdowns they spotted helix the first 14 points of the game and then made it look easy. We can all agree that Folsom wouldn’t beat sjb, md or probably DLS but they were def top 5 in the state. Hopefully next year they play one of those 3 and show they’re better than this board thinks. 

I don't agree at all the Folsom is Top 5 in the state.

I doubt they are even Top 10.  The following teams would beat them

MD

SJB

DLS

Cen10

MV

OLU

SM

JSerra

Chaminade

Narbonne

Poly

Servite

Just now, Sammyswordsman said:

I don't agree at all the Folsom is Top 5 in the state.

I doubt they are even Top 10.  The following teams would beat them

MD

SJB

DLS

Cen10

MV

OLU

SM

JSerra

Chaminade

Narbonne

Poly

Servite

I’ll give you the top 4, the rest we’ll never know. And for the love of god please take servite off that list. It’s embarrasing

30 minutes ago, Folsom Prison said:

I’ll give you the top 4, the rest we’ll never know. And for the love of god please take servite off that list. It’s embarrasing

Helloooo?  Your team lost to Sacramento last year.....Your team just coughed up 42 points to freaking Helix.  I think we all know very well how the outcomes would be vs. the rest of the list. L -L -L -L -L- L -L- L

54 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

SJB upgraded their signal caller. Are you aware if Helix added skill players or any player that would improve their game aside from the regular season progression improvement.

You are not seriously comparing Helix SJB.

5 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Helloooo?  Your team lost to Sacramento last year.....Your team just coughed up 42 points to freaking Helix.  I think we all know very well how the outcomes would be vs. the rest of the list. L -L -L -L -L- L -L- L

Narbonne is getting worked by freaking Pittsburg! LOL Could you imagine what Folsom would do to the teams you listed? 

59 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

SJB tied STA in regulation on the road in week 1 at STA.  The stats were all in SJB favor. 

Helix was dominated in all phases and lost 6-23 to D-10 Paraclete in week 3 

You cannot compare these two games.

Yes you can.. 

They both got L's no matter how you try to twist and turn it... 

• Like 1

Scratch that.... 

How about they make it out of Socal first and do better than 6-6 and 0-5 in league play... 

Out here OLU and Servite wouldnt even qualify for playoffs... as both did not win enough conference games to qualify. 

But we've been through this 100 times... 

So I wont say it anymore. 

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I'd take Folsom over everyone outside SJB and MD in the TL. 

Honestly I'd even give them a shot against MV.

Just shows how warped your view on things is after watching the train wreck of a season in Ga.  Now youre even impressed by a team that coughs up 42 points to a team which was crushed by SoCal D-10 Paraclete