Breakdown: Texas Football Championship Games

DevilDog

26 minutes ago, Grainraiser said:

A better question is how does CY-Fair with over 3,700 students play for a D2 championship. They have more kids than LT. We really need to get this fixed in Texas. My team has 2500 students and we go D1 every year.

Allen went D2 in 2009 with 4900 kids. Didn't matter. Lost to SLC in triple OT in the 2nd round.  Enrollment numbers are overrated. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Just now, FootballGuy said:

Well shit! 6.6K is a lot of damn students. I was under the assumption that Lake Travis would have just as much students as Allen does......especially with them being in the Austin area. 

3K kids is nothing to sneeze at, these truly bigger schools have dominated football the past few years winning ALL titles. 

2 minutes ago, State Champ said:

No shame for a young Lake Travis, I did not see the game will watch it when I get home...I think we are still pretty good.

You are, I was impressed and am sure LT will be a force next season.  Those kids compete and execute well.

how young were they on the OL/DL?  I know what they have in the skull positions.

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Aren't 2 on the OL sophomores? 

Yes, both guards were sophomores. Not too bad for a young OL to hold their own against Katy and Allen in back to back weeks. If we can find another serviceable running back (ideally a RB who is physical and another who is a home run-hitter), then this offense will be extremely good next year.

You pair a school with a large enrollment with a good coach and you will be a threat every year. Duncanville is on it's way now they have coach Samples at the helm.  How good would Allen be if we cut their enrollment in half. Combine Lake Travis with Westlake and tell me who wins the SC. Plano schools could be dominate if the AD would stop rewarding coaches based on loyalty instead of job performance. Plano East should be statewide power but instead they get rid of Coach Jackson and back to being below average. He moves over to North Forney who has never done anything and he has them flying high in year one.  I bet Hank Carter could take over West Plano and have them statewide powerhouse in two years. West Plano coach to LT would spell doom for that program.

6 hours ago, Cracker said:

Allen went D2 in 2009 with 4900 kids. Didn't matter. Lost to SLC in triple OT in the 2nd round.  Enrollment numbers are overrated. 

the average kid in Allen is more likely to be a band member than a football player.   I agree numbers are overrated if that wasn't the case that District would dominate State they got the biggest schools and mostly suck