Selfish (Misledeing - Hope You'll Read)

PrepGridiron

There's a theory that giving is selfish because it makes us feel good about our actions. I'll admit, I've had this website for a while. I've had moments where I've wanted to create a site and promote it (hell, I'm on here all the time, why not try and see if I can capitalize on the time spent), but it's so niche, you can't make much of a living (as it seems DJ learned). At any rate, when things went down last weekend, I took a leap of faith. I'm usually a fairly calculated person, but I said I'm going to go feet in and see what happens. I've mentioned to some that I'm amazed at myself how quickly this thing got up. There was obviously the issues with the Texasfbt.com (a site btw that is impressive in and of itself), but that aside I'm also surprised how many of you have come (It reminded me of Field of Dreams earlier today). All and all I've been feeling pretty good, so with Thanksgiving week and all, it had me thinking. I did this for selfish reasons. For years this group has given me so much from spit your coffe out laughs, to heartache when I hear stories like the passing of our compadre from TN, the struggles of our friend from LA and his late wife, the near death experience of our FL brethren and his car accident and the tribulations of TexasBall. And let's not forget the raw emotions you guys have drawn up in me from countless political, racist and least I forget football related arguments. The reality is, however, this group has always been like Cheers (a place where everyone knows your name). And so I sucked the marrow out of this place and decided I wanted to be selfish, selfish that I can provide this token back to everyone and feel incredible about my actions. I hope you won't begrudge me this selfish act. So, as Thanksgiving nears and we spend time with our families, I know we'll take a few moments to share a day of thanksgiving with our other family, the ones we've probably never seen but share a common passion. Thank you, Gentlemen and happy early thanksgiving!

• Like 12

Sir, these new digs are exactly what we needed. The ability to admit new friends into the fold, and bring back old friends that for various reasons could not get back into the old site was premier. 

I definitely appreciate what all of these guys bring to the world of high school football and the way that my life is lived a little "richer" with them than it was without them. 

It's an amazing thing to think that you all are the people that I keep in my pocket. You are never more than a click or two away after reaching for my mobile or pc. The ability to access you fellas like that is pretty amazing and likely more important to many of us than we can realize. 

Thanks to you Prep, and to everyone that passes through here daily leaving their little "divots" in our lives. 

• Like 1

Thank you Prep. Sometimes things like this get taken for granted but it is very much appreciated.

Happy thanksgiving to you and all board members.

We got some good football in front of us...... Dallas/Washington on Turkey Day, Friday night lights, and then rivalry Saturday for college football. I'm sure this still spark some 'fun' discussions on this board :D Enjoy everyone!

6 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

There's a theory that giving is selfish because it makes us feel good about our actions

Off subject but it's not selfish, it's just seldom selfless. 

Human's ALWAYS do what is best for them. Each and every one of us. To the degree we need to for ourselves. 

As to the site, great, glad it's here.

Please keep it from becoming a class system through self appointment as happened when DJ left the old site. 

thanks

3 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Ha! Hawg you are killing it this morning with the GIF's and images in the other thread, but you killed my "lede" pun with your edit. Good to know, though, that you are monitoring. I knew I made a good choice! 

I caught the pun last night for what it's worth. I thought it was pretty clever - truly enjoyed the message and this board 

23 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Ha! Hawg you are killing it this morning with the GIF's and images in the other thread, but you killed my "lede" pun with your edit. Good to know, though, that you are monitoring. I knew I made a good choice! 

Dang man! I didn't catch the pun! 

I was tryna fix you up on the sly without everyone seeing it. haha.

My bad.

• Like 1

Prep, I swear I almost posted a youtube link of the opening song for Cheers with lyrics yesterday lol.   

Well done Prep and to Atl and others who searched out names, well done also.  If Steeler and Los are here, you've made it Prep.  :)  Up to 80 now who are visiting "Cheers" again.  

"I feel like we are all trying to rearrange deck chairs on the Titanic and with each passing site there are less chairs. When Steeler and Los sign up somewhere, let me know lol. Until then, let's enjoy the remainder of the playoffs and see what happens in the offseason. Let's inform the handful left of viewers of TV and live streamed games for the rest of the way."

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ThunderRam said:

Hey everyone. Glad to see we have a new place to gather and discuss. Special thanks to PrepGridIron for putting it all together. Just don't ever go MIA on us!

ATL set up a twitter for all of us in case something ever happens again and to bring in new people. It would be like a beacon to let us know where to go

@thevarsityboard

• Like 1