Selfish (Misledeing - Hope You'll Read)

PrepGridiron

19 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

There's a theory that giving is selfish because it makes us feel good about our actions. I'll admit, I've had this website for a while. I've had moments where I've wanted to create a site and promote it (hell, I'm on here all the time, why not try and see if I can capitalize on the time spent), but it's so niche, you can't make much of a living (as it seems DJ learned). At any rate, when things went down last weekend, I took a leap of faith. I'm usually a fairly calculated person, but I said I'm going to go feet in and see what happens. I've mentioned to some that I'm amazed at myself how quickly this thing got up. There was obviously the issues with the Texasfbt.com (a site btw that is impressive in and of itself), but that aside I'm also surprised how many of you have come (It reminded me of Field of Dreams earlier today). All and all I've been feeling pretty good, so with Thanksgiving week and all, it had me thinking. I did this for selfish reasons. For years this group has given me so much from spit your coffe out laughs, to heartache when I hear stories like the passing of our compadre from TN, the struggles of our friend from LA and his late wife, the near death experience of our FL brethren and his car accident and the tribulations of TexasBall. And let's not forget the raw emotions you guys have drawn up in me from countless political, racist and least I forget football related arguments. The reality is, however, this group has always been like Cheers (a place where everyone knows your name). And so I sucked the marrow out of this place and decided I wanted to be selfish, selfish that I can provide this token back to everyone and feel incredible about my actions. I hope you won't begrudge me this selfish act. So, as Thanksgiving nears and we spend time with our families, I know we'll take a few moments to share a day of thanksgiving with our other family, the ones we've probably never seen but share a common passion. Thank you, Gentlemen and happy early thanksgiving!

After PrepGridIron posts this.... the Varsity Board speaks to him...

post-25586-that-is-why-it-must-be-you-gif-6zfR.gif

• Like 3

3 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

That was the one I was thinking of. Thank you

Yep...A Louisville Trinity Guy...If I'm not mistaken, THS knew him pretty well...Man how time just FLYS By!!!

Thanks for the effort Prep...Good to see and hear from you again...Been awhile...I joined the now defunct site several months ago after taking some time off to care for my dad after Rivals TRASHED their site...Thought we were going to have a repeat with DJ's site...THANKFULLY, we have a SAFE PLACE to talk HSF!!!

Only thing I think could be bettered is the amount of likes one can give...LOTS of GOOD Guys with GOOD Post...Why are likes limited to 10 post!?!?!?

B|