New Polls (2017-12-27 FINAL)

dntn31

Again, thanks much for doing this all year — each poll (humans and computer) has its own idiosyncrasies and I’ve always felt that a compilation of the major polls more interesting than any single poll

as it’s the FINAL edition, I’ll offer some observations: 

1). MD 1st unanimous MNC in 8 years (DBP 09)

2). IMG a clear #2, but 2 guys (fisher and demorney) thought Allen > IMG —> I have to think that each of them has at least a little ax to grind with IMG — no way Allen’s SOS matches up (I started to write “achievements”, but winning TX big schools counts for a lot of SOS).  FwIW, those 2 guys were the harshest on SFA having them just inside top 10

3)  CA has 5 top 20 schools, including #1 — Besides MD at #1, SJB #9, DLS #14, and CC and Folsom at 19 and 20.  I think that’s about right in both placement and order.

4) regarding CP, biggest team it helped was SJB (#3 @ CP, 9th in comp) — in this case, I think Cp helped make the comp right although my human sensibilities can’t abide the #3 team in country with theee losses.

5)  on the other hand, CP was harshest in south pointe and trinity — again, not sure if they were correct, but I don’t think either are top 5 teams (both would be dogs bs SJB ie) and CP helped the comp by dragging them to 2nd 5

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

10-12 would all beat 6-9 IMO 

Agreed although I had to double check — thought SJB was 9th — theyre 11th 

BG/ SJB/ Chandler

SP/ Trinity/ P-R

but the latter didn’t lose and humans will drop you a bit no matter who you lose to or by how much 

Some folks feel Pick em success is an advantage towards ranking teams...  if that’s the case Prepforce certainly is deserving of a compilation spot beating MaxPreps pollster and HSFBA’s  Fisher and his 15 criteria elements.  

Our forum poll is a group format that doesn’t allow one opinion to affect the rankings.   Massey was added to make the  algorithm tally 3 of 8.   So the 8 polls tally will be added once our forum poll is finished and released.  

Only one poll has more than one opinion... 

EDF6E6AB-0925-4EE6-87C3-0DA1C99AA771.png

859BC134-50F1-4CC0-A336-FC79B1047FF3.png

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 things...

1. Add PrepForce

2. These polls mean a lot less when teams dont get a little credit for making the top 25 in each poll.

Example... Theres a team in your comp. thats only ranked in 1 of 5polls, at #9... And theres a team ranked in 3 of the 5 polls, at 22, 21, and, 21.... The team ranked in the 1 poll is higher than the team ranked in 3... It makes no sense. 

This is the 2nd comp poll you guys have made that give no credit to teams that make more polls... Idk if its because yall are too lazy (probably not) or didnt think of it... But ya should.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

On 12/29/2017 at 6:16 AM, ECHS05 said:

2 things...

1. Add PrepForce

2. These polls mean a lot less when teams dont get a little credit for making the top 25 in each poll.

Example... Theres a team in your comp. thats only ranked in 1 of 5polls, at #9... And theres a team ranked in 3 of the 5 polls, at 22, 21, and, 21.... The team ranked in the 1 poll is higher than the team ranked in 3... It makes no sense. 

This is the 2nd comp poll you guys have made that give no credit to teams that make more polls... Idk if its because yall are too lazy (probably not) or didnt think of it... But ya should.

#2 is a good point and I appreciate you resisting the opportunity to swing at CP

why prep force?

40 minutes ago, Pops said:

#2 is a good point and I appreciate you resisting the opportunity to swing at CP

why prep force?

The PrepForce guy won the "Expert Pick Em".... The participants were PrepForce, the MaxPrepsXcellent person, HSFBAs Jeff Fisher, & some guy from FloridaHSFootball.com.

He won, so it gives that poll as much right as HSFBA or MaxPreps, or anyone else IMO.

Before you assume its bc he must have a GA team ranked high... Youll notice he doesnt have a GA team in his Top 25 at all.

• Like 1

We should have a prepgridiron rep ask to join the Prepforce pickem challenge next year.  Adam you game?   Is Adam the official pickem champ?   

We should get the prepforce  pollster to join our forum and talk shop.  Would be nice to get Fisher too.  We could use a boost to negate the heavy homer troll bs that leads us into the offseason.   

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2017 at 1:56 PM, golfaddict1 said:

We should have a prepgridiron rep ask to join the Prepforce pickem challenge next year.  Adam you game?   Is Adam the official pickem champ?   

We should get the prepforce  pollster to join our forum and talk shop.  Would be nice to get Fisher too.  We could use a boost to negate the heavy homer troll bs that leads us into the offseason.   

We were alerted to this and are here!!! We are more than willing to let the winner of the pickem here to enter the expert pickem last year. We have been asked already by a couple of new people to join. The more experts the better. We asked more national guys than the ones that participated this year but the 3 others are the ones that accepted. Maybe with a year under our belt more will be inclined. We shall see. Another thread will be started now to answer any questions the forum has of us.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2018 at 2:03 PM, PrepForce said:

We were alerted to this and are here!!! We are more than willing to let the winner of the pickem here to enter the expert pickem last year. We have been asked already by a couple of new people to join. The more experts the better. We asked more national guys than the ones that participated this year but the 3 others are the ones that accepted. Maybe with a year under our belt more will be inclined. We shall see. Another thread will be started now to answer any questions the forum has of us.

i also nominate Adam because he won the playoff pick em and has the expertise 

Besides him OmahaVol not only has the expertise but the passion 

we also have 3-5 other guys on this Board who are qualified

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, hardhit1 said:

i also nominate Adam because he won the playoff pick em and has the expertise 

Besides him OmahaVol not only has the expertise but the passion 

we also have 3-5 other guys on this Board who are qualified

I know you’re being humble, but you should nominate yourself as well. You are a past champion after all. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/11/2018 at 2:03 PM, PrepForce said:

Welcome aboard!   Was this thread created?  

17 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

@golfaddict1

I'll do you one better so that they don't get shuffled away in case you don't make it back in time.

The original thread got abandoned due to troll activity, but, I'll paste the link for it here first, and then the second thread as well. 

Thanks Hawg!   I've got some reading to do...  lol.    I hope the PrepForce pollster wasn't turned off by the trolls and will reply still.   The forum is not very interesting at the moment and I needed to recharge my national homer batteries :)   

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Thanks Hawg!   I've got some reading to do...  lol.    I hope the PrepForce pollster wasn't turned off by the trolls and will reply still.   The forum is not very interesting at the moment and I needed to recharge my national homer batteries :)   

Nah, he's a cool cat. He said he'll check in periodically and answer questions in the second thread that I posted the link to. 

Just tag or quote him in your question post and he'll probably answer the next time he passes through.

I feel ya on the recharging also. It gets like that sometimes. 

• Like 1

• HawgGoneIt unpinned this topic
  • 4 months later...
On 12/30/2017 at 4:56 PM, golfaddict1 said:

Trifecta :)  

• Like 3