BNU Commitments

LiberalDonaldTrump

48 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Under .500 at Boston College after 4 years (maybe 5?) 

It's BC. Do u really expect him to compete with FSU Clemson VT GT Miami. He can't out recruit this schools. But I'm telling you they are headed in a good direction

Remember programs like cuse BC etc sold out of the big East and went to the acc for money. Collecting money is nice but you can get killed on the court field etc. BC basketball went 0-22 I believe in conference last year or the year before. This year BC basketball beat Duke. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

It's BC. Do u really expect him to compete with FSU Clemson VT GT Miami. He can't out recruit this schools. But I'm telling you they are headed in a good direction

Remember programs like cuse BC etc sold out of the big East and went to the acc for money. Collecting money is nice but you can get killed on the court field etc. BC basketball went 0-22 I believe in conference last year or the year before. This year BC basketball beat Duke. 

BC has the potential to be a perennial top 25 football program. Since matt Ryan, BC has been mediocre at best and that’s unacceptable imo. 

13 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

BC has the potential to be a perennial top 25 football program. Since matt Ryan, BC has been mediocre at best and that’s unacceptable imo. 

Why is that unacceptable? BC is not a blue chip program. They are making it to bowl games competing in the ACC. Are they embarrassing themselves going 7-5 on the year no they aren't. I went to FSU BC. Place was half empty. BC football isn't supported. That's the part that is unacceptable. They could be around the bottom of the top 25 on a special year. But I don't expect them to be there year after year 

On 1/18/2018 at 7:04 PM, HSFBfan said:

Why is that unacceptable? BC is not a blue chip program. They are making it to bowl games competing in the ACC. Are they embarrassing themselves going 7-5 on the year no they aren't. I went to FSU BC. Place was half empty. BC football isn't supported. That's the part that is unacceptable. They could be around the bottom of the top 25 on a special year. But I don't expect them to be there year after year 

The Boston area is just like the NY/Nj area. Pro sports are king. Always were. Always will be.

4 hours ago, aZjimbo said:

The Boston area is just like the NY/Nj area. Pro sports are king. Always were. Always will be.

ok couple mistakes in this statement.  one there is a huge population difference from NYC and surrounding suburbs versus boston area.....two - the level of HS football played up in the boston area is no where near to our best in north jersey.  No reason why BC cannot be really good in football...but they have a similar disadvantage as Notre Dame albeit not as bad...in getting kids into BC.  most the kids getting into clemson for football are not getting into BC. FACT.   Pro sports true....but college football is more  relevant in this area just based on the amount of colleges that play high quality in the area besides Rutgers.....

1 minute ago, SJR89 said:

ok couple mistakes in this statement.  one there is a huge population difference from NYC and surrounding suburbs versus boston area.....two - the level of HS football played up in the boston area is no where near to our best in north jersey.  No reason why BC cannot be really good in football...but they have a similar disadvantage as Notre Dame albeit not as bad...in getting kids into BC.  most the kids getting into clemson for football are not getting into BC. FACT.   Pro sports true....but college football is more  relevant in this area just based on the amount of colleges that play high quality in the area besides Rutgers.....

For the most part college football is not relevant in the northeast. 

18 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

I'm not comparing hs football with NJ hs football. Like HSFBfan says the entire NE is basically irrelevant when it comes to major college football. 

• Like 1