BNU Commitments

LiberalDonaldTrump

Just now, Mad-Water said:

to many mistas, not enough sistas

all on defense so far?

Why didn't Alvarado and Dorilas transfer w/in BNU?

was Cam rubbed raw that he hasn't been offered from tOSU?

UC and Highlands--worlds apart

so many other questions and not time enough

the real question is whether GSB is coming back to Bosco.  i'm thinking of transferring him out

I think one kid was a headache and no other BNU program wanted the headache.

The others probably in search of more opportunities.

Another is said to be headed public as well and he's a player. Public coaches are saying Public school is back on the rise. They're getting kids recruited, less trauma on the body, no tuition. We'll see. Im speculating. Don't know the facts YET.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

I think one kid was a headache and no other BNU program wanted the headache.

The others probably in search of more opportunities.

Another is said to be headed public as well and he's a player. Public coaches are saying Public school is back on the rise. They're getting kids recruited, less trauma on the body, no tuition. We'll see. Im speculating. Don't know the facts YET.

all that makes a lot of sense, and could easily be true.

public is free and co-ed.  closer to home.  it's your neighborhood--it's comfortable.  easier to be big dog.  Alvarado has his offers already.

well, when you get the facts, please tell GSB so he can put out a Baller Alert

all the BNU-plus schools have their niche.  Bosco and SPP (leaving aside Delbarton) have the highest tuition.  Bosco is pretty academically rigorous.  No chicks.  those things aren't changing.  parents and kids are more obsessive than in the past.  it's worse than herding cats.  you'll never satisfy all

when you and i were young ballers, we had no choices.  i used to spend most of my 35 cents bus fare for going home at lunch, and then have to hustle onto the bus home or else i had to walk 3 miles.  that's what Kyrie and I are trying to get across to these youngbloods

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Why? I thought Bosco was starting to get their shit together 

this is a huge blow

any news about sjr, we need a brand new OLine and some DEs

these transfers aren't interested in Joes

1 DE graduated to Rice and the other to IMG

you're not getting our OL, all of which have P5 offers

51 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

Seeing to many kids leave Bosco. @Mag44 

would it help to hire someone like JJ Walker as a coach and he could warm the kids up before practice and games, and kick it after games?  fun & downness all in 1, at a cut-rate price

Chris Rock lives up here, but he has only girls who go to Holy Angels.  Or else I would have proposed him.  Russell Simmons is too real--he'll even have the whites trying to pay to go out of district to Eastside.

Maybe Holy Angels and Bosco could merge so the kids can twerk all day long?  As PC found out, the skirts would become history, although for twerking they're optimal.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Why? I thought Bosco was starting to get their shit together 

this is a huge blow

any news about sjr, we need a brand new OLine and some DEs

Joe's line will be better than this year's line. Most of those 6'4/6'5 kids you were celebrating as part of the 23 class are now on deck, but you definitely need some DE's

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

Joe's line will be better than this year's line. Most of those 6'4/6'5 kids you were celebrating as part of the 23 class are now on deck, but you definitely need some DE's

the top schools have $ to bring in the kids, or they're riding a winning tradition for now, or they're the only school in 50 miles, or similarly, they have no other schools nearby that want to compete, meaning they're not up-ending everything just to win football games.

Joes and the other BNU schools should have DEs lined up.  That's not a criticism.  Just weird, because we're on a national board now struggling to have relevant teams in a state ranked 9-12 in FBS/FCS talent.  If some of the BNU talent heads to Publics, which GSB hates with a passion, then we're done, maybe???

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mad-Water said:

the top schools have $ to bring in the kids, or they're riding a winning tradition for now, or they're the only school in 50 miles, or similarly, they have no other schools nearby that want to compete, meaning they're not up-ending everything just to win football games.

Joes and the other BNU schools should have DEs lined up.  That's not a criticism.  Just weird, because we're on a national board now struggling to have relevant teams in a state ranked 9-12 in FBS/FCS talent.  If some of the BNU talent heads to Publics, which GSB hates with a passion, then we're done, maybe???

I'm watching a slow shift to Bergen eventually separating themselves from the pack in a Bosco like way if things continue on its current trajectory.  They're and have been checking all of the boxes for the last four years in regards to having minimal needs. They will play on Texas this season which will only increase their appeal in the state, and most under rated quality of all is they have what the kids call "drip" coolest uniforms. They have size, speed, and depth with a goal of going all in to add to tge riches tgey already possess. I'll be keeping an eye on the coaching because with the talent they have there will be no excuse for not winning chips. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, SJR 04 said:

I'm watching a slow shift to Bergen eventually separating themselves from the pack in a Bosco like way if things continue on its current trajectory.  They're and have been checking all of the boxes for the last four years in regards to having minimal needs. They will play on Texas this season which will only increase their appeal in the state, and most under rated quality of all is they have what the kids call "drip" coolest uniforms. They have size, speed, and depth with a goal of going all in to add to tge riches tgey already possess. I'll be keeping an eye on the coaching because with the talent they have there will be no excuse for not winning chips. 

Cmon man, I ain’t trying to hear any of this shit   Lol god damnit

we Got some pieces we just need more , if there’s a God, please bless the Green Knights  with some all Americans 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SJR 04 said:

perfectly said

the good news is that they can't beat Joes or Bosco yet

• Like 2

20 hours ago, SJR 04 said:

I would tend to agree with this statement for I think our frosh teams have maybe lost 1 game in the last 4 years but there are intangibles that come into play. And you pointed it out and I have been saying this for years on this board, COACHING!! Sorry, I am just not sold on the staff and as you all know especially the defensive side of the ball. I also think that offensively we have regressed since Nunz left. Butler's incredible season I believe masked over some very big deficiencies on the offensive side, from play calling to a receiving corp that I believe was pedestrian at best. This team will be loaded next year and if Vito doesn't run the table "in State" more and more questions will be brought to the surface.

• Like 2

On 1/2/2021 at 8:41 AM, Sppclassof97 said:

Don Bosco 2023 Defensive end to IMG

Walking away from a quality prep school education to go to IMG makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Unless IMG has some specific tailored academic rigor in mind, which I doubt. Training is the same everywhere except this kid is going to a a school that plays other recruited up academies and lucky to get a full slate in.

bgw

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Walking away from a quality prep school education to go to IMG makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Unless IMG has some specific tailored academic rigor in mind, which I doubt. Training is the same everywhere except this kid is going to a a school that plays other recruited up academies and lucky to get a full slate in.

bgw

Yes , we went over this two years ago, saying it was bad move a bad move for Tyler booker to transfer from Bergen Catholic to img , but now he switched positions and is like the number 1 OT in the Nation

C66BAD55-552E-4684-84D8-7938BB87FC3C.jpeg

11 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Yes , we went over this two years ago, saying it was bad move a bad move for Tyler booker to transfer from Bergen Catholic to img , but now he switched positions and is like the number 1 OT in the Nation

C66BAD55-552E-4684-84D8-7938BB87FC3C.jpeg

So, you have an possible "outlier"...this kid is "possibly" a bon a fide draft prospect.

"One" does not speak for the group as a whole, I don't see the advantage at all. Kid blows out his knee God forbid... playing career over.

Dunno, not seeing it.

bgw 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Cameron is very good, this might actually work out for him and he can be a day 2 draftee, 

most cases i think this is a bad move but this kid is reaally good and can get a lot of spotlight playing for img who is always on espn

The first problem he may run into is the surplus of kids IMG has. He is a DE listed at 6'3 which is a stretch. At IMG They are more likely to favor the kid with standard DE measurements, and ask him to move to LB. If he doesn't bend well he could very well be headed back to Bosco. Let's hope he's really 6'3. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SJR 04 said:

The first problem he may run into is the surplus of kids IMG has. He is a DE listed at 6'3 which is a stretch. At IMG They are more likely to favor the kid with standard DE measurements, and ask him to move to LB. If he doesn't bend well he could very well be headed back to Bosco. Let's hope he's really 6'3. 

Has Joes got any notable transfers or 8th grade commitments?? I need some good news 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...