BNU Commitments

LiberalDonaldTrump

59 minutes ago, paladin4ever said:

Coach has been around for 3 years. Just brought in a different mindset to change the culture and build the program. Has brought in some very good wrestlers.

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Why what changed? Same coach?

Wrestling is DBPs worst sport. Let’s see how PC fairs vs SJR, BC and Delby. 

11 hours ago, paladin4ever said:

Coach has been around for 3 years. Just brought in a different mindset to change the culture and build the program. Has brought in some very good wrestlers.

lol   and where did your coach learn that mindset???  Hint: from a building on the corner of Forrest & Oradell Avenue!!!  PC doesn't stand a chance against Bergen or SJR...But I'm happy they have turned the corner and are now winning matches. as far as Bosco is concerned a part of me doesn't get it and then when I look at the competition for the top wrestlers I do. A once proud program who took BC to the final match 2 years in a row for the Non Pub North A championship (10 years ago) now are getting beat by PC. Just haven't been the same since they kicked Bitetto out.

10 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

That’s so weird cause it was always Bergen and Bosco with the top wrestlers 

Bosco has fallen off the wrestling face of the earth. 10 years ago it was Bergen--Bosco. Then it was just BC for 10 years and now it is BC & SJR in Bergen County. Once DBP fired Coach Bitetto they couldn't find stability and the top wrestlers transferred out and the new ones just avoided the place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mickeybern said:

lol   and where did your coach learn that mindset???  Hint: from a building on the corner of Forrest & Oradell Avenue!!!  PC doesn't stand a chance against Bergen or SJR...But I'm happy they have turned the corner and are now winning matches. as far as Bosco is concerned a part of me doesn't get it and then when I look at the competition for the top wrestlers I do. A once proud program who took BC to the final match 2 years in a row for the Non Pub North A championship (10 years ago) now are getting beat by PC. Just haven't been the same since they kicked Bitetto out.

Yes, I am aware that the PC Coach is a BC alum. BC is a great program and it’s nice to see the coach bring that winning culture to PC. The match on April 7th will tell a lot on where PC has gotten and where they still need to go.

Just now, paladin4ever said:

Yes, I am aware that the PC Coach is a BC alum. BC is a great program and it’s nice to see the coach bring that winning culture to PC. The match on April 7th will tell a lot on where PC has gotten and where they still need to go.

Agreed..Jon knows how to do this and is committed. Unlike football there is only 14 weight classes in wrestling and kids refuse to stay put and wait behind someone so you take solid wrestlers who need mat time but can't get on the mat at the top programs. Once you are not a laughingstock and are stable all you need is 1 or 2 top tier kids to choose you and you immediately begin to compete at a different level. SJR is a prime example, took 5 years of building by Damien and now it is self fulfilling.

1 hour ago, Mickeybern said:

Doesn’t Bergen have to play SJR  and Delbarton back to back this week??

if so Brutal

2 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Doesn’t Bergen have to play SJR  and Delbarton back to back this week??

if so Brutal

to be honest I don't even know anymore. SJR was taken off the schedule have they been added back?? Personally, I have thrown the entire season out the window. Just like basketball the season is short and constantly influx. These are teenagers and it is tough to keep them focused and motivated. A shame for the seniors but nothing you can do. Delbarton will roll BC at the Jack but outdoor wrestling is a draw so I'm happy they are doing it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

to be honest I don't even know anymore. SJR was taken off the schedule have they been added back?? Personally, I have thrown the entire season out the window. Just like basketball the season is short and constantly influx. These are teenagers and it is tough to keep them focused and motivated. A shame for the seniors but nothing you can do. Delbarton will roll BC at the Jack but outdoor wrestling is a draw so I'm happy they are doing it.

Probably did get taken off schedule, I’m just going on the schedule on NJs.com but they consistently wrong

17 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

U ever figure out why Joes is forfeiting. Some of the lighter weight classes?

I have no intel on that but other than some of the possibilities I threw out a couple of days ago 1 other comes to mind Weight.  With all stop and go some of these kids might be having trouble making weight especially if they are not training as hard and consistently as in a regular season. Just a thought.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

I have no intel on that but other than some of the possibilities I threw out a couple of days ago 1 other comes to mind Weight.  With all stop and go some of these kids might be having trouble making weight especially if they are not training as hard and consistently as in a regular season. Just a thought.

I don’t follow wrestling,  but maybe they don’t got Good Wrestlers at that classes so a forfeit gets less points , rather then put a kid out there that’s  gonna get blown out, 

4 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I don’t follow wrestling,  but maybe they don’t got Good Wrestlers at that classes so a forfeit gets less points , rather then put a kid out there that’s  gonna get blown out, 

a forfeit is the same as getting pinned  6 points to the other team  there is no benefit other than not hurting a young kids psyche

• Thanks 1