BNU Commitments

LiberalDonaldTrump

3 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Asking to pay to read it ... 

can you copy and paste  .... thanks. 

Posted: 5:33 p.m. Thursday, February 22, 2018

Former Georgia Tech wide receiver Ricky Jeune is a legitimate draft prospect, according to draft expert Mel Kiper.

Speaking Wednesday, the ESPN analyst projected Jeune as a third-day draft prospect, which would mean selection between the fourth and seventh rounds.

“I think Ricky Jeune is the most interesting one – the wide receiver,” Kiper said. “Because they’ve had a history of producing some receivers. Obviously, you know who the big names were. I think he is a guy that fights for the ball, he makes plays after the catch, he’ll block very effectively. I think Ricky Jeune is that under-the-radar wide receiver somebody’s going to get, probably day 3. I think he could have a nice career in the NFL.”

Jeune led the Yellow Jackets in receptions for the past three seasons, catching a total of 74 passes for 1,492 yards (a 20.2 yards-per-catch average) and 11 touchdowns. He showed a particular ability to win balls in the air and block downfield. He also earned a reputation for his effort and diligence on the practice field.

If selected, he would join a series of Tech wide receivers who played for coach Paul Johnson and played in the NFL, including Demaryius Thomas, Stephen Hill, Kevin Cone, DeAndre Smelter and Darren Waller.

Probably the other former Tech most likely to be drafted is guard Shamire Devine.

Other possible candidates include defensive ends KeShun Freeman and Antonio Simmons, safety Corey Griffin, A-back J.J. Green, cornerbacks Lance and Lawrence Austin and Step Durham and linebacker Terrell Lewis.

• Thanks 1

I remember the Jets took Stephan hill in second round from Ga tech and Alshon Jeffery was still on board from South Carolina. I was dumbfounded. Hill was out of the league after his rookie deal had speed but stone hands. 

These scouts are blind. Jeffery was a game changer for S Carolina. Jeffery was great on bears and got a ring with the eagles played well in playoffs and SB. Had great deep td catch on Malcolm butlers backup Rowe in SB. 

1 minute ago, Mjd33 said:

I remember the Jets took Stephan hill in second round from Ga tech and Alshon Jeffery was still on board from South Carolina. I was dumbfounded. Hill was out of the league after his rookie deal had speed but stone hands. 

These scouts are blind. Jeffery was a game changer for S Carolina. Jeffery was great on bears and got a ring with the eagles played well in playoffs and SB. Had great deep td catch on Malcolm butlers backup Rowe in SB. 

To take a WR from the ACC over a WR from the SEC is just straight dumb. They though Hill was the next Calvin Johnson and it backfired. He also went to the Jets so how much of a shot did he really have. Jeffrey was good at South Carolina. 

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

To take a WR from the ACC over a WR from the SEC is just straight dumb. They though Hill was the next Calvin Johnson and it backfired. He also went to the Jets so how much of a shot did he really have. Jeffrey was good at South Carolina. 

Not sure conference matters lot of good WRs have come from acc just look at clemson which is now Wide Receiver U. 

Deandre Hopkins 

mike Williams 

Sammy Watkins 

martavis Bryant 

no school has had Better WRs translate to Nfl last 5 years. 

Jets didn’t think hill would be next Calvin that’s silly but they thought he was a burner who could stretch the field. He did but he just forgot how to catch but I knew it was a mistake immediately w Alshon still on the board. Calvin was arguably the most dominant College wr in the last 15-20 years even from a triple option school. Reggie Ball would just chuck it up to him and Calvin would go get it. To this day I never understood why a talent like Johnson would go to a triple option offense ? Imagine he went to a big 12 school that threw 70% of the time? He would of finished career a top most WR records that would prob still stand imo. 

Just now, Mjd33 said:

Not sure conference matters lot of good WRs have come from acc just look at clemson which is now Wide Receiver U. 

Deandre Hopkins 

mike Williams 

Sammy Watkins 

martavis Bryant 

no school has had Better WRs translate to Nfl last 5 years. 

Jets didn’t think hill would be next Calvin that’s silly but they thought he was a burner who could stretch the field. He did but he just forgot how to catch but I knew it was a mistake immediately w Alshon still on the board. Calvin was arguably the most dominant College wr in the last 15-20 years even from a triple option school. Reggie Ball would just chuck it up to him and Calvin would go get it. To this day I never understood why a talent like Johnson would go to a triple option offense ? Imagine he went to a big 12 school that threw 70% of the time? He would of finished career a top most WR records that would prob still stand imo. 

Martavis hasnt exactly had the best of careers up there in Pittsburgh. I agree with your paragraph about what would happen if Johnson went to a school who threw the ball like a UCLA USC kind of school. he would be like you said at the top of all WR stats in the history of CFB. Ok im sorry they didnt compare him to Calvin. They compared Hill to Moss due to his 1 v 1 skills. 

1 minute ago, Mjd33 said:

Further,  I wouldn’t discount other ACC schools for producing Nfl WRs just look at Miami and FSU. Too many to list .... plus Larry Fitzgerald came from pitt. Although pitt might of still been the big east back in 04 I forget ? 

yes i believe Pitt was still big east back then. 

16 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Martavis hasnt exactly had the best of careers up there in Pittsburgh. I agree with your paragraph about what would happen if Johnson went to a school who threw the ball like a UCLA USC kind of school. he would be like you said at the top of all WR stats in the history of CFB. Ok im sorry they didnt compare him to Calvin. They compared Hill to Moss due to his 1 v 1 skills. 

Martavis’s biggest problem is the reflection in the mirror ... the talent is there. He was only 4th rounder other guys were all first. 

USC and ucla don’t throw it around like Oklahoma State and Tx tech. 

Hill and moss is a stretch too .... jets thought hill would be like demarious Thomas drafted few years earlier (also from Ga tech now on broncos) an old school comparison is John lam jones who was  Before my time but he was a sprinter out of Tx that played WR. Jets took him second overall in 1980 ?  when Anthony Munoz, arguably the best left tackle of all time, was taken one spot after Jones was still on the board. I think lam jones got the first million dollar contract Too ?