BNU Commitments

LiberalDonaldTrump

8 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Martavis’s biggest problem is the reflection in the mirror ... the talent is there. He was only 4th rounder other guys were all first. 

USC and ucla don’t throw it around like Oklahoma State and Tx tech. 

Hill and moss is a stretch too .... jets thought hill would be like demarious Thomas drafted few years earlier (also from Ga tech now on broncos) an old school comparison is John lam jones who was  Before my time but he was a sprinter out of Tx that played WR. Jets took him second overall in 1980 ?  when Anthony Munoz, arguably the best left tackle of all time, was taken one spot after Jones was still on the board. I think lam jones got the first million dollar contract Too ? 

If you go to Oklahoma state and TT you are going to have some huge stats because they throw the ball 70 times a game. But then when it comes to the scouts as to how they identify a WR who can go up against a press coverage when everything in that conference is wide open. Even the WR from TT who played for the Dolphins and the Niners his name escapes me put up huge number at TT and than when he got to the league was a kick return guy. Most of the big 12 are guys that can just run down the field very fast. But when they go up against real defenses they suffer. 

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

If you go to Oklahoma state and TT you are going to have some huge stats because they throw the ball 70 times a game. But then when it comes to the scouts as to how they identify a WR who can go up against a press coverage when everything in that conference is wide open. Even the WR from TT who played for the Dolphins and the Niners his name escapes me put up huge number at TT and than when he got to the league was a kick return guy. Most of the big 12 are guys that can just run down the field very fast. But when they go up against real defenses they suffer. 

Crabtree and wes welker are tx tech guys they turned out ok. 

Dez Bryant and Justin Blackmon (Blackmon would be a stud but alcohol has ruined his career) are ok state guys. James Washington should get drafted this year if I had to guess between round 2-4. 

I don’t like stereotyping conferences was my point. If you can play you can play. Baylor had few good WRs Corey Coleman comes to mind as does Josh Gordon. Again, gordon’s problems are not on the field but off ... he can play. 

6 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

Crabtree and wes welker are tx tech guys they turned out ok. 

Dez Bryant and Justin Blackmon (Blackmon would be a stud but alcohol has ruined his career) are ok state guys. James Washington should get drafted this year if I had to guess between round 2-4. 

I don’t like stereotyping conferences was my point. If you can play you can play. Baylor had few good WRs Corey Coleman comes to mind as does Josh Gordon. Again, gordon’s problems are not on the field but off ... he can play. 

False. College doesn't tell your if you can play in the league. Many players tell you that. 

13 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

RU will never get these upper echelon recruits. They need to keep all of NJs 3*s home to be successful. Forget about pursuing the 4-5* ballers. 

Has the athletic dept stabilized since football and basketball flamed out about 3-4 years ago, Rutgers reportedly top notch academic but the stench is still wafting.

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

RU will never get these upper echelon recruits. They need to keep all of NJs 3*s home to be successful. Forget about pursuing the 4-5* ballers. 

not until Ash or the next coach or the one after that start winning with their 3*s.  Then there'd be no reason why they couldn't get NJ 4 & 5*s to stay in state.  Don't hold your breath, though.

1 minute ago, taojoe said:

not until Ash or the next coach or the one after that start winning with their 3*s.  Then there'd be no reason why they couldn't get NJ 4 & 5*s to stay in state.  Don't hold your breath, though.

rutgers has gotten a couple of 4-5* to stay but just not enough

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

rutgers has gotten a couple of 4-5* to stay but just not enough

on average maybe 1 every other year, and they often don't live up to their stars, e.g, Darius H, Tom Savage, a linebacker from Union(?) whose name I forget, and others.  

Just now, taojoe said:

on average maybe 1 every other year, and they often don't live up to their stars, e.g, Darius H, Tom Savage, a linebacker from Union(?) whose name I forget, and others.  

I agree with you. Last year i think they had 2 4* guys. I remember one from SJV i believe. Programs like Rutgers Kansas etc are meaningless in todays landscape of college football. No tradition of winning. Nothing to draw recruits to go there. And right now I dont see anything that would change that. 

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Right on cue lol.  Sure it’s doubtful he’ll choose Rutgers, but Nunzio, Ash and the OL coach need to try!   

Interesting read.  3 sport athlete!  (OL playing midfield in Lax...  now that’s an athlete).   Stayed back in 8th grade, which is common.    His sister was some athlete.  How’s he doing in wrestling?   His weight must fluctuate big time, especially during Lax season.  

I watched his hudl film after seeing his Stanford offer last night and he’s the real deal.  Pancakes, contains blocks well and agile.  Smart kid and Rutgers has good academics :).   Will be interesting to see what rating he gets from the various sources.   

13 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I was with his parents the night before he committed. My wife is a SP alum and put on the full court press to be a Peacock. His other option was St Anselm in NH. He made the right choice. 

Well, please pass along my thanks to your wife from this fellow Peacock. Maybe she can join the SPU staff. 👍

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Right on cue lol.  Sure it’s doubtful he’ll choose Rutgers, but Nunzio, Ash and the OL coach need to try!   

Interesting read.  3 sport athlete!  (OL playing midfield in Lax...  now that’s an athlete).   Stayed back in 8th grade, which is common.    His sister was some athlete.  How’s he doing in wrestling?   His weight must fluctuate big time, especially during Lax season.  

I watched his hudl film after seeing his Stanford offer last night and he’s the real deal.  Pancakes, contains blocks well and agile.  Smart kid and Rutgers has good academics :).   Will be interesting to see what rating he gets from the various sources.   

2 SEC offers already in Kentucky and Florida

On 3/1/2018 at 11:36 AM, golfaddict1 said:

Wypler with Notre dame offer

1 hour ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Wypler with Notre dame offer

being selfish, i hope he goes to ND...being a big Irish fan.  might whisper to his dad at the lax games.  I hope he plays lax until he graduates...He does not need to be 315 etc...he is nasty as is and can dominate at 275 or higher with added strength.  I have been  telling you all...4/26 is SJR vs Bosco lax game...at bosco..will be a no joke, fast , physical, nasty game.  Defense / Goalie will be legit.....always nice having a 270 lb Middie tearing it up.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SJR89 said:

being selfish, i hope he goes to ND...being a big Irish fan.  might whisper to his dad at the lax games.  I hope he plays lax until he graduates...He does not need to be 315 etc...he is nasty as is and can dominate at 275 or higher with added strength.  I have been  telling you all...4/26 is SJR vs Bosco lax game...at bosco..will be a no joke, fast , physical, nasty game.  Defense / Goalie will be legit.....always nice having a 270 lb Middie tearing it up.......

Remind me and ill be there

McKenzie lost in what was referenced in a prior tweet as “ultimate tiebreaker” ... sounds like top secret probation from Animal House lol.  Bummer for the baller, but back to football training.   I read an article that he had to be coaxed into wrestling this year and that his focus is football.