BNU Commitments

LiberalDonaldTrump

52 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

And that's what they will marry with the jobs they procure from those educations!

Iron my Man,

That used to be the template.  to be in the top 1% and stay there, assuming one has the ability (brains and drive), takes so much effort and time and stress.  it's easier to jack it.

Our parents were working class or poor.  They raised us as best they could, and they saw that their lives could have been improved had they gone to college.  They were right.  So, they raised us on what they saw from the 1930s to the 1970s and heard about from our grandparents, which covered the 1890s to the 1920s. 

After Carter & Reagan opened up our economy to outside investment, once we convinced the rest of the world to do so (to some degree), once competition became worldwide, once other countries started to develop, once Italy and other war-torn Countries bought all the washing machines that we could make and their needs were satisfied for a good long while, once robotics and automation got into high gear, once off-shoring jobs really took off, once globalization became a religion, once the Fed started printing $ and we started borrowing and the top 1% disproportionately benefited, once Davos (CFR, BR, and TLC, among others) connected with Big Tech and Defense and Intelligence and the Fed and other Central Banks and Fortune-500 companies, ... you get the point.

we now have more kids with elite educations than we have elite jobs for them.  Fact.  This is what starts trouble brewing.  Another commonly-seen factor accompanying trouble is a bulge of young people, but that no issue here, as no one has kids.

I talk to young lawyers at top-10 national law firms, and I'm speaking to them on their Honeymoons.  That's not sustainable or normal.

Wait till taxes go thru the roof for our top=graduating kids.

Ball-bustin' donkeys getting taxed beyond belief to keep afloat a strip-mined Country with 50%-plus who pay no federal income taxes and still have their hands out.  We'll still be ok relatively speaking (our decadence and wealth and world status and military or herb and wifi and prescriptions will keep us out of free fall), but it ain't gonna be like when we were kids. 

I feel sorry for Yale and Tufts grads--less so if they had full rides.

26 minutes ago, Mad-Water said:

Iron my Man,

That used to be the template.  to be in the top 1% and stay there, assuming one has the ability (brains and drive), takes so much effort and time and stress.  it's easier to jack it.

Our parents were working class or poor.  They raised us as best they could, and they saw that their lives could have been improved had they gone to college.  They were right.  So, they raised us on what they saw from the 1930s to the 1970s and heard about from our grandparents, which covered the 1890s to the 1920s. 

After Carter & Reagan opened up our economy to outside investment, once we convinced the rest of the world to do so (to some degree), once competition became worldwide, once other countries started to develop, once Italy and other war-torn Countries bought all the washing machines that we could make and their needs were satisfied for a good long while, once robotics and automation got into high gear, once off-shoring jobs really took off, once globalization became a religion, once the Fed started printing $ and we started borrowing and the top 1% disproportionately benefited, once Davos (CFR, BR, and TLC, among others) connected with Big Tech and Defense and Intelligence and the Fed and other Central Banks and Fortune-500 companies, ... you get the point.

we now have more kids with elite educations than we have elite jobs for them.  Fact.  This is what starts trouble brewing.  Another commonly-seen factor accompanying trouble is a bulge of young people, but that no issue here, as no one has kids.

I talk to young lawyers at top-10 national law firms, and I'm speaking to them on their Honeymoons.  That's not sustainable or normal.

Wait till taxes go thru the roof for our top=graduating kids.

Ball-bustin' donkeys getting taxed beyond belief to keep afloat a strip-mined Country with 50%-plus who pay no federal income taxes and still have their hands out.  We'll still be ok relatively speaking (our decadence and wealth and world status and military or herb and wifi and prescriptions will keep us out of free fall), but it ain't gonna be like when we were kids. 

I feel sorry for Yale and Tufts grads--less so if they had full rides.

Iron,

Basically what i'm saying is that it's no duck walk anymore

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I thought about including Rego and Yuri Wright, but I didn’t want to tarnish the thread ;) Let’s just stick with those that we expect to be ND alums. 

Rego was outstanding, and my loins were aching nonstop over the AA game weekend with nothing to do, and for that I'm persona non grata?  (I knew that Latin before Notre Dame, which has no Jesuits btw.  You'd be surprised what you can pick up in Spring Valley.)  I think your 40-year-decision rationale, which is supposedly underscored by some concept of merit, is flawed.  Did you ever see how handsome I am?

• Haha 1

On 12/15/2020 at 10:25 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

can you please list them

i hit one of the hashtags and it told me 0

well, that's not true, some tweeter said only 30% of the kids will graduate from the school to which they are committing

i have no idea what the point of a hashtag is.  i can't figure out who's saying something or retweeting or what

i think i'd understand Mexican better than this

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

Seeing to many kids leave Bosco. I know 4 kids that transferred out thus far (2 D1 recruits) and I'm hearing whispers of more. @Mag44 maybe they're looking to play with more "brothas"... I'll let you compose the narrative on this...

Screenshot_20210102-091231_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20210102-090952_Twitter.jpg

to many mistas, not enough sistas

all on defense so far?

Why didn't Alvarado and Dorilas transfer w/in BNU?

was Cam rubbed raw that he hasn't been offered from tOSU?

UC and Highlands--worlds apart

so many other questions and not time enough

the real question is whether GSB is coming back to Bosco.  i'm thinking of transferring him out