18. Lake Travis (TX)
  19. Miami Northwestern (FL)
  20. Miami Central (FL)
  21. Archbishop Hoban (OH)
  22. Bingham (UT)
  23. Venice (FL)
  24. Folsom (CA)
  25. Rome (GA)

Last 5 Out: West Point (MS), South Pointe (SC), Lincoln-Way East (IL), Colerain (OH), Westlake (TX)

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Coletrain06 said:

In general I think this is a very solid job. 

I think Cen10 is far too high, and I didn't have them in my final top 25.

I'm not sure about Venice, and Folsom. Those could go either way for me.

Rome doesn't belong IMO. 

Just an FYI... Rome had a better final few weeks than any team in the country outside of Mater Dei & St. Frances Academy.

Quite possibly had the best defensive line in America, excellent coaching, great talent, and that team was very experienced as a unit together aka the chemistry was strong, 2 FBS RBs, a QB that appeared to be perfectly made for their type of offense... They werent exactly dazzling or "wowing"... But they were very good & consistent... The D was all around great.

• Thanks 1

Seems like you guys literally copied my Top 10 after I released my 6-10 the other day.

Folsom, Bingham, Hoban, Miami Central, Miami Northwestern, & De La Salle do not belong in the Top 25. 

Although I wont argue Hoban & De La Salle too much as I have them both just outside of the Top 25.

I do have St. Johns ahead of De La Salle...I think SJC wins 8 out of 10 times vs DLS, especially at a neutral site or in DC.

Im high on West Point MS... I think that was a damn fine team.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:
  1. Mater Dei (CA)                      (1)
  2. IMG Academy (FL)               (2)
  3. St. Frances Academy (MD) (5)
  4. Allen (TX)                               (3)
  5. American Heritage (FL)       (4)
  6. Ben Davis (IN)                       (6)
  7. Chandler (AZ)                       (11)
  8. Bishop Gorman (NV)            (8)
  9. St. John Bosco (CA)             (7)
  10. Cy-Fair (TX)                           (15)
  11. Centennial (CA)                    (14)
  12. Pine-Richland (PA)                (9)
  13. St. John's College (DC)        (16)
  14. Trinity (KY)                             (10)
  15. De La Salle (CA)                    (12)
  16. North Gwinnett (GA)            (24)
  17. Pickerington Central (OH)   (19)
  18. Lake Travis (TX)                    (26)
  19. Miami Northwestern (FL)    (21)
  20. Miami Central (FL)                (31)
  21. Archbishop Hoban (OH)      (27)
  22. Bingham (UT)                        (17)
  23. Venice (FL)                            (18)
  24. Folsom (CA)                          (23)
  25. Rome (GA)                             (29)

Last 5 Out: West Point (MS)  (47), South Pointe (SC)  (13) , Lincoln-Way East (IL)  (34), Colerain (OH)  (NR), Westlake (TX)  (NR)

8 polls comp ranking in parenthesis as comparison...  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Just an FYI... Rome had a better final few weeks than any team in the country outside of Mater Dei & St. Frances Academy.

Quite possibly had the best defensive line in America, excellent coaching, great talent, and that team was very experienced as a unit together aka the chemistry was strong, 2 FBS RBs, a QB that appeared to be perfectly made for their type of offense... They werent exactly dazzling or "wowing"... But they were very good & consistent... The D was all around great.

hyperbolic, but I get your point...... I'd argue Pick Central pretty clearly had a better final few weeks.

I liked Rome, and I agree about team chemistry,  as I think that was their strongest asset. I think their D was very solid. Their offense, I was far less excited about....

I just don't see them being favored to beat Colquitt, Grayson, or Lowndes & I'd slightly favor Archer also. 

I like Rome in the top 50, but not the top 25.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Great job guys. Any fussing would really only be nit-picking and overall the poll is solid. I for one enjoyed reading it each week and having the opportunity to fuss at you all about certain placements. That alone makes it far far better than every other poll. No one outside of this site is putting out a poll and then posting it here and letting us berate them or question their logic about it. 

This one will always be the poll with balls. All the mainstream polls are like the pollsters squeezing cheese, dropping the hot one and running back into their vault. I think there is a lot of value in being able to discuss among the poll contributors with the HSFB fandom involved. 

I dare any of the rest of the pollsters that aren't dropping polls on here, to come on here and face the scrutiny and defend their positions. Sign up now fools and start getting your feet wet so by next season you'll be tuned up and ready for the scrutiny. Do that instead of dropping your poll and hiding. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ararar said:

We need to inform whenever and wherever we can of our site readers poll

Agreed. I was gonna suggest to @PrepGridiron that we have a specific page on the site dedicated to the rankings that also links to the thread/s. 

The average person is generally lazy and won't go through too much reading and clicking to find the rankings.

Also @PrepGridiron would it be possible to annotate first place votes? 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Agreed. I was gonna suggest to @PrepGridiron that we have a specific page on the site dedicated to the rankings that also links to the thread/s. 

The average person is generally lazy and won't go through too much reading and clicking to find the rankings.

Also @PrepGridiron would it be possible to annotate first place votes? 

Yes and yes. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

West Point is a legit football team. Watch them handle Hattiesburg in the State Championship. They stomped a solid Starkville team also.

They stomped everyone they played actually.

Starkville lost in the large class state final to Pearl by 7.  West Point cruised vs Starkville.  I believe some pollsters never heard of or researched West Point at all.  One poll out of 8 had a 25th spot.   Well our forum was close at 26, so at least one other person who voted was as impressed with them as I was.   

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Starkville lost in the large class state final to Pearl by 7.  West Point cruised vs Starkville.  I believe some pollsters never heard of or researched West Point at all.  One poll out of 8 had a 25th spot.   Well our forum was close at 26, so at least one other person who voted was as impressed with them as I was.   

My 25th spot was between West Point and U-Lab. I gave it to U-Lab..... Wish they would've played each other

5 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

My 25th spot was between West Point and U-Lab. I gave it to U-Lab..... Wish they would've played each other

ULab solid season, strong in state schedule.   Nothing wrong with that.  Add Rome to this bunch as well as an AR undefeated and toss in Brentwood Academy, South Pointe and a few other undefeated ?’s and round robin time.  :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

ULab solid season, strong in state schedule.   Nothing wrong with that.  Add Rome to this bunch as well as an AR undefeated and toss in Brentwood Academy, South Pointe and a few other undefeated ?’s and round robin time.  :) 

I watched the AR undefeated and they didn’t stand out, but agree they could all be in the same pods

13 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

A team I really liked when I watched them was Cy Fair. They looked damn good to me. Would really love to see a game with Allen. Can't believe they flew under the radar all season. 

Would have been a good, low scoring game.  Cy fair flew under the radar as they didn't play any games outside of district, so exposure to them was limited.

A few teams I wish could play... Just for some clarity, to know where they stand in comparison to each other, instead of just guessing...... A playoff or something... 

Rome GA, ULab LA, North Little Rock AR, Greenwood AR, West Point MS, South Pointe SC, St. Louis HI, Brentwood Academy TN, Lincoln-Way East IL, Folsom CA, Pearl MS, Muskegon MI, Trotwood-Madison OH, Archbishop Hoban OH, Wake Forest NC, & Erie Cathedral Prep PA.... Maybe even Bishop Miege KS, but I think theyd get trampled by just about all the other teams I named

Theres quite a few teams Id like to see in a tournament together... For some clarity...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

A few teams I wish could play... Just for some clarity, to know where they stand in comparison to each other, instead of just guessing...... A playoff or something... 

Rome GA, ULab LA, North Little Rock AR, Greenwood AR, West Point MS, South Pointe SC, St. Louis HI, Brentwood Academy TN, Lincoln-Way East IL, Folsom CA, Pearl MS, Muskegon MI, Trotwood-Madison OH, Archbishop Hoban OH, Wake Forest NC, & Erie Cathedral Prep PA.... Maybe even Bishop Miege KS, but I think theyd get trampled by just about all the other teams I named

Theres quite a few teams Id like to see in a tournament together... For some clarity...

Damn that's great !😆

Just finished watching the 1st half of the AR 7A State Title game... North Little Rock vs Bentonville ... I have NLR at 39 in the ranking Ive yet to release... As of now they dont look like a Top 50 team at all, bottom quarter of the Top 100, maybe, right now.

I want to watch Greenwood also. This is why its taking me so long to release my rankings.. Looking at all the teams' talent, examining results, and watching as many games as possible... 

Im no closer to finishing than I was a week ago... Ugh.

23 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Great job guys. Any fussing would really only be nit-picking and overall the poll is solid. I for one enjoyed reading it each week and having the opportunity to fuss at you all about certain placements. That alone makes it far far better than every other poll. No one outside of this site is putting out a poll and then posting it here and letting us berate them or question their logic about it. 

This one will always be the poll with balls. All the mainstream polls are like the pollsters squeezing cheese, dropping the hot one and running back into their vault. I think there is a lot of value in being able to discuss among the poll contributors with the HSFB fandom involved. 

I dare any of the rest of the pollsters that aren't dropping polls on here, to come on here and face the scrutiny and defend their positions. Sign up now fools and start getting your feet wet so by next season you'll be tuned up and ready for the scrutiny. Do that instead of dropping your poll and hiding. 

I'll release my final FL top 25 and national top 25 when i get some time 

58 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Wish Brentwood Academy would stop dodging good FL teams 

48 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Wish Brentwood Academy would stop dodging good FL teams 

I had Brentwood around #70.

I watched them play Bishop Dunne on FloFootball. I admit, the type of team Bishop Dunne is, is the worst type of matchup of Brentwood... But Brentwood really struggled to win that game. 

People having Brentwood in the Top 25 is just insane... It makes no sense. I personally think at the end of the year, Maryville probably beats Brentwood.