PrepGridiron Final 2017 Reader Poll Top 25 Rankings

PrepGridiron

11 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I had Brentwood around #70.

I watched them play Bishop Dunne on FloFootball. I admit, the type of team Bishop Dunne is, is the worst type of matchup of Brentwood... But Brentwood really struggled to win that game. 

People having Brentwood in the Top 25 is just insane... It makes no sense. I personally think at the end of the year, Maryville probably beats Brentwood.

Maryville good team in Tennessee's best classification but Brentwood Academy won't play anyone in that classification lately if i saw correctly 

Brentwood is like Bolles 

They beat up small schools but generally can't beat the bigger competition 

12 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

I personally think at the end of the year, Maryville probably beats Brentwood.

Here’s a daisy chain for you....since I know you love them so much. 😁

BA 50 Knox Catholic 14

Maryville 49 Knox Catholic 42

Obviously, BA would not beat Maryville by 29 points, but BA would win. BA was the best in Tennessee this year, hands down. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

BA 50 Knox Catholic 14

Obviously, BA would not beat Maryville by 29 points, but BA would win. BA was the best in Tennessee this year, hands down. 

That's why i don't understand why they avoid a lot of the big schools in Tennessee and Why they never play a good oos team from FL 

42 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

BA 50 Knox Catholic 14

Didnt you tell me not to use those at all... And here you are making a point with them... Tsk tsk

17 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

That's why i don't understand why they avoid a lot of the big schools in Tennessee and Why they never play a good oos team from FL 

They don’t avoid any teams in Tennessee. It’s the other way around. As far as Florida goes, I have no idea. I’ve never known BA to back down from anyone (or MBA for that matter). 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

They don’t avoid any teams in Tennessee. It’s the other way around. As far as Florida goes, I have no idea. I’ve never known BA to back down from anyone (or MBA for that matter). 

MBA played bolles

Brentwood academy has only played university Christian and tried to schedule isb

51 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

This.

BA has played plenty of good OOS teams over the years and they usually have a pretty good schedule.

Certainly not a team to knock for scheduling. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

This.

BA has played plenty of good OOS teams over the years and they usually have a pretty good schedule.

Certainly not a team to knock for scheduling. 

Not from FL they haven't 

2 games scheduled 1 played

University Christian 

International school of broward 

Not good games 

5 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

^ This. Lol.

Maryville is the team you knock for scheduling, its ridiculous they have never even tried to play OOS. And theyve had good teams for years.

This is so true. Believe me I have gone back and forth with the Maryville fans over the years about expanding nationally (or just regionally, at least). They usually only play Alcoa and then a bunch of patsies until they’re deep in the playoffs. Although, this year they actually stepped out of their comfort zone and scheduled Oakland in a regular season game. They lost the regular season game, but won the return game in the playoffs. Maybe there’s hope now! Hell, even Alcoa usually schedules some small school power from Kentucky. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Not from FL they haven't 

Okay, okay. We get it. They have yet to play a top FL team. That doesn’t mean BA is scared to play them. They usually put together a decent schedule year in and year out. Personally, I don’t think anybody from TN is ready for a top private like STA or AHP or even a Miami public power. Perhaps a game with a Cocoa-level school would be interesting. 

39 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

Okay, okay. We get it. They have yet to play a top FL team. That doesn’t mean BA is scared to play them. They usually put together a decent schedule year in and year out. Personally, I don’t think anybody from TN is ready for a top private like STA or AHP or even a Miami public power. Perhaps a game with a Cocoa-level school would be interesting. 

I would want to see Jax Trinity Christian vs Brentwood academy 

That would be a drastic improvement off their previously scheduled FL teams 

45 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

This is so true. Believe me I have gone back and forth with the Maryville fans over the years about expanding nationally (or just regionally, at least). They usually only play Alcoa and then a bunch of patsies until they’re deep in the playoffs. Although, this year they actually stepped out of their comfort zone and scheduled Oakland in a regular season game. They lost the regular season game, but won the return game in the playoffs. Maybe there’s hope now! Hell, even Alcoa usually schedules some small school power from Kentucky. 

Maryville vs Lakeland would be a interesting matchup

18 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Bartram won't be as strong without gatewood 

Plant good though 

Plant and lakeland both are consistently top 10 7a teams 

Problem is this is a pipe dream. Maryville won't travel and play an evenly matched opponent out of state. You would stand a better chance at getting BA, MBA, or Ensworth to travel. Or even Memphis Christian Bros. Basically, the better privates with money. (Although, Maryville has money. They are just too scared to test their mettle. Lol).  

4 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

Problem is this is a pipe dream. Maryville won't travel and play an evenly matched opponent out of state. You would stand a better chance at getting BA, MBA, or Ensworth to travel. Or even Memphis Christian Bros. Basically, the better privates with money. (Although, Maryville has money. They are just too scared to test their mettle. Lol).  

Maybe Brentwood Academy vs Miami Central lol