A Big Black Eye for Georgia

noonereal

The week Chandler defeated Mountain Pointe 36-17...

Mountain Pointe was #13 in a compilation consisting of MaxPreps Xcellent 25, CalPreps, PrepNation, USAToday, & HSFBA.

#8 at MaxPreps.

#15 at CalPreps.

#10 at USAToday.

#11 at PrepNation.

This was after Chandler AZ shit & pissed on AZ #5 Perry 62-20, AZ #10 Desert Vista 62-7, and AZ #8 Brophy Prep 56-7...

And you stand surprised, Valdosta, a team not in any Top 50 would lose by 20... when Top 15 Mountain Pointe lost by 19? You stand a bigger fool than a large fool.

I was pleased with the way Valdosta kept fighting when 2 unforced turnovers completely turned momentum.. and the opening 2nd half kickoff was an onside kick recovered by Chandler. 

It was an interesting game... Chandler is a heckofa team and deserves credit. 

"nooner"....I don't see it that way.  The most embarrassing thing for me was Grayson's decision NOT to play.  Valdosta is a South Georgia Region 1 team.  When they're called/asked out...they're gonna play.  No "ifs" or "buts" about it.  They were out-manned.  But they fought best they could till the end.  Cause they're...COMPETITORS.

Personally, I'm proud of the Cats and I'm not a Cat fan (I'm 100% Diehard Packer) cause the Hawgs and the Cats have played each other since 1913.

Just my opine....

Rufus>>

• Like 2

Nooner doesnt really see it that way either. His feelings have been hurt by YEARS of the Northeast and New Jersey being pushed aside in the rankings by Southeast/Texas teams... so he makes every singular game about entire states and takes the opportunity to say something distasteful in hopes of people one day placing NJ on equal footing with states far above their station... a lofty ideal and expectations, as NJ will never be among those states in terms of quality or depth. But that wont keep him from atleast trying..

6 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

UMMMM EXCUSE YOU WE BEAT DEERFIELD BEACH HOOVER AND TCA ??????????

Of all the teams GA has beaten OOS its been by a few dozen different teams. While in NJ its basically been the same 4 teams year after year that beat anyone.

One of their top State Champions outside of those 4 teams, lost to a 1A Florida school. Beyond sad.

But GAs 2nd tier champ (maybe 3rd behind Cartersville) is suppose to be able to beat a National Top 15  squad. Ridiculous.

Those with agendas seem to think they set the rules & expectations.

8 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Of all the teams GA has beaten OOS its been by a few dozen different teams. While in NJ its basically been the same 4 teams year after year that beat anyone.

One of their top State Champions outside of those 4 teams, lost to a 1A Florida school. Beyond sad.

But GAs 2nd tier champ (maybe 3rd behind Cartersville) is suppose to be able to beat a National Top 15  squad. Ridiculous.

Those with agendas seem to think they set the rules & expectations.

So is georgia a better football state because their middle/lower tier teams are better than NJ teams or NJ a better state because their top teams are stronger than georgia's top teams? One thing about the NJ teams is they have shown they will take on just about any team anywhere in the country. Win or lose they deserve kudos for that.

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Has GA ever beaten an OOS team that was ranked in the Top 10 nationally the day the actual game was played?? 

Ok comparing the Hoover and TCA was a joke, dude. Clearly. Lighten up on the pissing contest. 

And yes, Miami Central was #1 in the nation by USA Today when I went to the 2012 Grayson STOMPING of the Rockets 35-3. The infamous game where MC had only 23 total yards and one first down due to a penalty 

49 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Has GA ever beaten an OOS team that was ranked in the Top 10 nationally the day the actual game was played?? 

Comparing Deerfield Beach, Hoover and TCA to teams like BG and STA is ridic. 

The Grayson AD and HC have a wonderful offer in front of them right now. Let's see if they take advantage of it. 

Miami Central was 2 or 3 on the country when Camden beat them in 2010.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Comparing Deerfield Beach, Hoover and TCA to teams like BG and STA is ridic. 

The Grayson AD and HC have a wonderful offer in front of them right now. Let's see if they take advantage of it. 

Absolutely... I know Miami Central was #3 when Grayson beat them 35-3.

In '14.. Hoover was #2 or 3 and had just lost to Top 10 MC 24-21... they were still close to Top 10 status when Colquitt beat them 35-14.

Pretty sure TCA was up there when Buford beat them 17-0. I may be mistaken on the top 10 part here but not sure.

Hoover was also Top 10 in 2008, when Camden took their lunch money 44-16.

Prattville in 2009 was top 10 when North Gwinnett beat them 14-11. The same year National Champion Don Bosco Prep beat them 35-24.

And like Camcat said... MC was Top 10 when Camden beat them 45-42.

• Like 1