A Big Black Eye for Georgia

noonereal

9 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

Remember when Saguaro,AZ beat Serra-Gardena early in the season? Most the non-CA'ers were piling on making much more of it than it actually was. And the CA guys were defending their State.

Same thing is happening in this thread only now it's GA. Wash, rinse, repeat.

You know...I'm not sure about the Saguro versus Serra-Gardena game...but I've been pretty straightforward about Valdosta versus Chandler.  When Valdosta was offered the chance to play...after Grayson said no way...well, there was "no way" Valdosta wasn't gonna play.  As a Packer...and after having played the Cats since 1913 (and I've been to most of those games in some capacity) you know how their mentality works.  When you're called out in a game like this...and it's something that is financially acceptable...YOU PLAY.  You play if you're a football PROGRAM.  And believe you me...Valdosta was...is...and will be...a football program.

Valdosta lost to a much better team.  And...add to that...they didn't look good doing it.  But By God they stepped up.  Frankly, that's what Georgia High School football is about.  You can believe it or not.  I'm not trying to spin anything.  Most of us who know Georgia High School football weren't surprised by the outcome.  The only thing I DID say is that I thought the score would have been closer.

There is no defending or promoting the State of Georgia from me.  It simply is what it is.  I would have preferred the best team from Georgia against the best team from Arizona...but it just wasn't meant to be.

Now I'm stepping down from my soapbox before I fall off and hurt myself.  I got a lot of presents to deliver.....

Rufus>>

Beach Santa.jpg

• Like 2

Honestly this game did nothing more than prove Georgias excellence. Chandler is by far and away the top team in AZ and one of the Top 5 teams in the entire West. The way they are playing Id love to see them play the "3" SoCal teams. 

Valdosta won 6A in GA, the 2nd largest class. Valdosta has been a middle tier team for years and years ... they are just a little better this year, but Colquitt reminded us of their true place when playing GAs best.

Well, if you watch... they afforded themselves very well vs a TOP team in the Western US. Chandler is IT in AZ. Valdosta is 1 of many in GA, and not in that top tier. They lost by 20 to Chandler... hell Mater Dei lost by 14 to SJB, SJB lost by 15 to BG. Chandler is an elite level team. 

Valdosta went in and hit them... and were actually "winning" until a really crappy muffed punt and then a fumble on the 1st play of their next possession inside their own 25. 

Make so mistake... this was a sign to the rest of the nation. Valdosta was in 4 quarter games vs A LOT of teams. GA has some elite teams, and a TON of solid-to-good teams...we could send put 30 teams to play other squads around America and do just fine. 

GA is on the up and up.

8 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Honestly this game did nothing more than prove Georgias excellence. Chandler is by far and away the top team in AZ and one of the Top 5 teams in the entire West. The way they are playing Id love to see them play the "3" SoCal teams. 

Valdosta won 6A in GA, the 2nd largest class. Valdosta has been a middle tier team for years and years ... they are just a little better this year, but Colquitt reminded us of their true place when playing GAs best.

Well, if you watch... they afforded themselves very well vs a TOP team in the Western US. Chandler is IT in AZ. Valdosta is 1 of many in GA, and not in that top tier. They lost by 20 to Chandler... hell Mater Dei lost by 14 to SJB, SJB lost by 15 to BG. Chandler is an elite level team. 

Valdosta went in and hit them... and were actually "winning" until a really crappy muffed punt and then a fumble on the 1st play of their next possession inside their own 25. 

Make so mistake... this was a sign to the rest of the nation. Valdosta was in 4 quarter games vs A LOT of teams. GA has some elite teams, and a TON of solid-to-good teams...we could send put 30 teams to play other squads around America and do just fine. 

GA is on the up and up.

200w.gif

9 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

GA is on the up and up.

xD only a fanboy could say getting your ass kicked was a good sign xD

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ararar said:

xD only a fanboy could say getting your ass kicked was a good sign xD

A  Top 5 team in the West... against a team that wasnt even top 5 in their own state... it wasnt THAT big of an ass kicking.

They did atleast as well as Mountain Pointe.. a team that came in to the game Top 20.

If a 2nd level State Champ from GA plays as well as a top Western team... well, you know.

5 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

A  Top 5 team in the West... against a team that wasnt even top 5 in their own state... it wasnt THAT big of an ass kicking.

They did atleast as well as Mountain Pointe.. a team that came in to the game Top 20.

If a 2nd level State Champ from GA plays as well as a top Western team... well, you know.

You need psychiatric attention, peanut.

Help

You just ain't wrapped right.

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

Poll:

If solicited, which GA HS is more apt to schedule a BNU team next season?

A. Mill Creek

B. Buford 

C. Both

D. Neither

I havent seen Mill Creek play OOS... so Buford is definitely the most likely.

The thing is... who cares if they play a BNU team? None of them were any good this year... theres far better teams to play... yet morons from NJ insert themselves like it matters if a state plays them or not.

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The BNU teams are forced to schedule 10-12 OOS games annually. No other state REQUIRES these games more than us. Hence my question. Stop being a dick. I'm not NOR. 

Apologizes. You initiated the conversation and I thought your 1st response was you being a dick. As it definitely wouldve been coming from NOR.

If you are just asking about those 2 teams, Buford is more likely to play a BNU team. I say that because Im not sure Mill Creek has ever played OOS... although they are a newer school.

The thing is... Buford just lost their HC Jess Simpson to GSU.  Hes been there a while, so I honestly have no idea whats about to happen at Buford or if they will remain the force they have been the past 15 years.

Id love to see Cartersville play OOS. Trevor Lawrence, the #1 2018 prospect in the country, is going to be a senior... they are riding a 30 game winning streak and back to back State Championships. Its time for them to step up and rep GA OOS. They won their 4A State Title game 58-7.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Will do. All of these HSs are in the suburbs of ATL, and are easy to get to from Hartsfield AP?

Yeah... Buford HS is about 45-50  miles Northeast of the Airport... Mill Creek is really about the same. And Grayson is right around there also, maybe 15-20 mins south of Buford.... theres a lot of good teams in that Buford-Mill Creek-Grayson area.

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

GA is on the up and up.

Say what??????? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Absolutely... I know Miami Central was #3 when Grayson beat them 35-3.

In '14.. Hoover was #2 or 3 and had just lost to Top 10 MC 24-21... they were still close to Top 10 status when Colquitt beat them 35-14.

Pretty sure TCA was up there when Buford beat them 17-0. I may be mistaken on the top 10 part here but not sure.

Hoover was also Top 10 in 2008, when Camden took their lunch money 44-16.

Prattville in 2009 was top 10 when North Gwinnett beat them 14-11. The same year National Champion Don Bosco Prep beat them 35-24.

And like Camcat said... MC was Top 10 when Camden beat them 45-42.

How many of those played in Fl ?

3 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

You know...I'm not sure about the Saguro versus Serra-Gardena game...but I've been pretty straightforward about Valdosta versus Chandler. 

You're missing my point. I'm saying that like the Saguaro-Serra game, people are making too much out of this. Serra wasn't close to a top team in CA and all the CA guys said as much. Nobody wanted to believe it, though.

Now the same thing is happening to GA and the GA guys are saying the same thing -- except the team in question actually did win a state title. Even if it wasn't the top division. That's the only difference.

In short, I'm siding with all you GA guys that this wasn't as big of a deal as some want to make it out to be. It wasn't your best team taking it on the chin.

1 minute ago, Ballhawku said:

Camden traveled to play STA that's bs what u just said . The reaon why some of the weaker teams in Fl play out of state is $ that info came straight from the coach . 

Because STA is one of the teams that actually has $ and fans.... they are a Private. When talking OOS games, Public & Private are 100% different because unless a school has an excellent booster club, the city or county funds a lot of it... with Privates this is not the case.