A Big Black Eye for Georgia

noonereal

12 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Lol..

I say this bc DD spins it as OOS teams can't beat Texas' State Champs... When in reality Texas' large class D1 and D2 State Champs have only played OOS a combined 1 time in the last 6 years. 

No offense, it just is what it is. You are fine letting DD spin that crap however he wants, but comment on me telling truth?  

Okay if you tell us now who's going to be the state champs next year, we'll make sure they play some OOS games!

1 hour ago, LOSer said:

Because Valdosta doesn't match up physically.

They didn't belong.

All the talk about their defense being so good was laughable. A lot of teams could score 40+ on them simply because they would be physically out-matched.

If you saw that Valdosta was physically outmatched, you were watching some other game. And just fyi... Chandler points per game in their last 11 games...

63 vs Hamilton (this was the most Hamilton gave up ALL season)

62 vs Desert Vista (this was the most Desert Vista gave up ALL season by 32 points... DV didnt given up more than 30 all season outside this game)

62 vs Perry (this was the most Perry gave up ALL season)

59 vs Basha (this was the most Basha gave up ALL season)

59 vs Mountain Ridge (this was the most M.R. gave up ALL season)

56 vs Brophy Prep (this was 21 points more than B.P. gave up to any other team ALL season)

55 vs S.D. O'Connor (this was the most SD O'C gave up ALL season)

48 vs Basha (this was the 4th most Basha gave up all season, but it was also Basha largest loss of the season and Chandler also scored the most on Basha all season in another game)

44 vs Perry (this was the 3rd most Perry gave up all season, the  most was also to Chandler in another game)

36 vs Mountain Pointe (this was the most MP had given up ALL season)

5 minutes ago, Connman said:

Okay if you tell us now who's going to be the state champs next year, we'll make sure they play some OOS games!

Its truly annoying that you try to insert yourself into every conversation without any idea whats being talked about.

DD was saying nobody can beat Texas' State Champs. Using ridiculous examples of other Texas teams playing OOS and losing as evidence... which means nothing... bc in reality the teams that do win TX State Championships rarely if ever play OOS.

If TX State Champs had actually been playing OOS games and winning the same years they win their State titles... he may have a point... you cant lose OOS if you dont play OOS.

7 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

If you saw that Valdosta was physically outmatched, you were watching some other game.

The entire STA staff to a man said that Valdosta looked like a JV team compared to the other teams.

Who's right? Me and them or you?

That's a tough one, man.

9_9

3 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Its truly annoying that you try to insert yourself into every conversation without any idea whats being talked about.

DD was saying nobody can beat Texas' State Champs. Using ridiculous examples of other Texas teams playing OOS and losing as evidence... which means nothing... bc in reality the teams that do win TX State Championships rarely if ever play OOS.

If TX State Champs had actually been playing OOS games and winning the same years they win their State titles... he may have a point... you cant lose OOS if you dont play OOS.

Again how can you change it? Allen, Cedar Hill, Westlake and SLC all played OOS games this year. None of them happened to win state but they could have!

Last year Allen, ET, SLC and Desoto all played OOS games but none of them happened to win state but they could have!

You sound ridiculous claiming TX state champs rarely if ever play OOS (like you're criticizing them) LIKE THEY CAN CONTROL IT! Sheesh!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LOSer said:

44 against Chandler

45 against Colquitt County.

39 against Thomas County Central.

This was a good defense?

They're small and have no players but they're really physical and good.

Get a clue.

You just named 3 games out of 16 as being some sort of proof...one thing all those games had in common was Turnovers leading to points...

In their other games... outside of just those 3 games of the 16 they played...they gave up...

0 to Northgate

0 to Wayne Co. 

6 to Northside-WR

6 to Dalton

7 to Tucker

7 to Lee Co.

10 to Coffee (Coffee scored 49 vs FL 2A State Champ University Christian... 18 more points than anyone scored on them all season, the team with the 2nd most points vs UC was FL 3A State Champ Trinity Christian with 31)

12 to Woodland (Stockbridge)

13 to Lowndes

13 to Tift Co. 

14 to Lakeside-Evans

21 to Stephenson 

24 to Houston Co. (Who is led by 4* Top 5 2017 QB Jake Fromm)

Thats their other 13 games... 

The 1 thing Colquitt  & Chandler had in common, is the perfect offense to play with vs Valdosta. Very balanced. If you are 1 dimensional, either heavy pass or heavy run, Valdosta will shut you down. 

28 of Chandlers 44 points were scored on possessions that started on Valdostas side of the field... 21 of those points were directly due to unforced turnovers on Valdostas own side of the field.

Chandler is also a Top 15 team in the Nation. We are not talking about just any ole team anywhere.

They have just beaten Mountain Pointe... Mountain Pointe... by 19... MP was #8 at USAToday at the time they lost to Chandler by 19. Chandler also gave Top 10 Corona Centennial all they wanted BEFORE Chandler started playing as hot as they are. CC & Chandler at 49, Chandler was into the Cen10 5 yard line with little time left, and dropped the pass in the EZ that wouldve put them ahead. 

Chandler isnt getting any credit from you LOS. 

11 minutes ago, LOSer said:

The entire STA staff to a man said that Valdosta looked like a JV team compared to the other teams.

That's a tough one, man.

9_9

Yes... LOOKED.   Valdosta was smaller than almost every team they played thiz year. My point was Valdosta was not being physically outmatched on the field. Valdostas DL was having a lot of success vs Chandlers OL... 

10 minutes ago, Connman said:

Again how can you change it? Allen, Cedar Hill, Westlake and SLC all played OOS games this year. None of them happened to win state but they could have!

Last year Allen, ET, SLC and Desoto all played OOS games but none of them happened to win state but they could have!

You sound ridiculous claiming TX state champs rarely if ever play OOS (like you're criticizing them) LIKE THEY CAN CONTROL IT! Sheesh!

You are lost.

My entire point was.. you cannot sit here and boast about how TXs State Champs do not lose OOS when they dont even play OOS. 

Thats it. 

14 minutes ago, LOSer said:

That's a tough one, man.

9_9

What exactly did you expect when our Large Class State Champ declined?  A team as good as them?  Theres a large gap between Valdosta & Grayson...in fact Grayson eliminated Valdosta from the playoffs last year 54-21. 

Valdosta did what they could against a team that was simply... better than them.

21 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

You just named 3 games out of 16 as being some sort of proof...one thing all those games had in common was Turnovers leading to points...

Yeah they gave up 128 points in 3 games.

That's not a good defense.

22 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Chandler isnt getting any credit from you LOS. 

What credit do they need from me?

I said that Valdosta had no business being in the event and didn't match up with Chandler.

What more should I say?

The story is that Valdosta is garbage.

21 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Yes... LOOKED.   Valdosta was smaller than almost every team they played thiz year. My point was Valdosta was not being physically outmatched on the field.

Repeat after me:

Because their competition was garbage.

16 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

What exactly did you expect when our Large Class State Champ declined?  A team as good as them?  

A team that didn't look like a JV team.

Your 6A champs weren't very good.

I know deep down that pisses you off.

36 minutes ago, LOSer said:

A team that didn't look like a JV team.

Your 6A champs weren't very good.

I know deep down that pisses you off.

They werent as bad as you want to make them. Everybody said how small they were... that doesnt always speak to their ability to play football. 

They didnt play like a JV team. They played a Top 15 team in America. A team thats playing as well as any team right now. A team that just beat another top 15 team by 19 ... you have yet to address that.

Valdosta was leading this game 9-8 in the 2nd quarter, and was about to get the ball at midfield and very well couldve extended their lead... but they muffed the punt... and instead of having the ball at midfield, their defense had to remain on the field again, with Chandler having good field position. After Chandler scored, Valdosta fumbles, UNFORCED, again inside their own 25 giving Chandler another opportunity. The problem this created was Valdostas defense being on the field far too long... their D was on the field for the 1st 10 minutes of the 2nd quarter because of these fumbles. And going into halftime, down just 14 points after these fumbles, Valdosta was set to get the ball after halftime... but Chandler recovers a short kick and is AGAIN given short field position. 

Chandler only scored 14 points in the 2nd half... and 7 of those points were because of the KO at halftime. Chandler was heaving the ball long all game, they never let up.

If these turnovers did not happen.... this game takes a very, very different course. Im not saying Valdosta wins... but Chandler did not dominate this game... if you actually watch.. the turnovers changed this game dramatically. 

It definitely was not as bad as you are pretending. Valdosta very rarely had turnovers like that. And they couldnt overcome them vs a team as good as Chandler. But without them, maybe Valdosta maintains momentum and the outcome is different. Its definitely a part of the game, no excuses, what Im saying is Valdosta was winning this game before this happened... they couldve continued. But instesd their defense had to stay on the field almost the entire 2nd quarter to the point of getting worn down. 

Theres still not 75 teams in America that beat Valdosta in a "best of" 3 series. Theres probably not even 10 that beat Chandler in a best of series...

51 minutes ago, LOSer said:

Repeat after me:

Because their competition was garbage.

Youve lost your mind with this comment. 

If Valdostas competition was garbage, then STAs was nonexistant outside of 1 team. Valdosta played quite a few good teams.

Losing to a Top 15 team in America by 20 when you give up 21 in turnovers doesnt make you garbage. 

Chandler beats STA by 10 if they had played that night.

52 minutes ago, LOSer said:

What credit do they need from me?

I said that Valdosta had no business being in the event and didn't match up with Chandler.

What more should I say?

The story is that Valdosta is garbage.

Valdosta is not garbage.

Valdosta was better than all but 1 team STA played this year. 

20 points is really not that much vs a team like Chandler... thatd been beating teams by an average of 38 ppg their last 10.. and had just beaten previous top 15 Mountain Pointe by 19.

Chandler > STA > Valdosta > Bingham

30 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Valdosta is not garbage.

Valdosta was better than all but 1 team STA played this year. 

20 points is really not that much vs a team like Chandler... thatd been beating teams by an average of 38 ppg their last 10.. and had just beaten previous top 15 Mountain Pointe by 19.

Chandler > STA > Valdosta > Bingham

Valdosta wasn't better than Bingham bro lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Connman said:

Let me condense it for you. You understand that TX does not know at the beginning of the year who is going to be the state champ! You are trying to criticize a team for not playing OOS and not being Nostradamus and knowing they were going to win the state championship?

Clearly this proves he is not very smart.  I can't break it down any further.  Hell Cedar Hill this year is a classic example   Thanks if it was still Christmas I would wish he had a brain.  How hard is it to understand?  Our Champ don't play OOS games.  Hell every year we play an OOS power with a Bonafide Texas Power who has State Championships in the past. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Get it together Texas!!!!!!

Yeah we bribed Cedar Hill to choke to keep up the OOS loser from Winning State.  Why did Grayson win it but not Cedar Hill?  It is hilarious that he can't comprehend a fact.  His argument is that Lake Travis and Desoto should have played OOS because at the beginning of the year he knew that Allen, Westlake (previous Champ and runnerup), SLC along with Cedar Hill would not win State so therefore our Champ would not play an OOS team. His example is LT and Desoto.   The funny thing is Cedar Hill and Allen were the favorites to actually win State and what happened.  

WTF

None OOS champs other than ET to beat DLS.   This tells me it is harder to win State in Fl and Texas.  The only States to beat DLS and not win their State championship yet DLS did win Cali.   ET has the worst in-State playoff performance in the history of DLS  losing to an OOS team. LMAO

Let me help him DLS as an example the last decade:  This is the epitome of HS royalty.

2016 East, UT 23 DLS 21  East Utah Champs/DLS Cali Runner ups

2015 Euless Trinity 26 DLS 21 ET 1st Rd Loser/DLS Cali Champs

2011 STA 30 DLS 6  STA regional Finalist/DLS Champs

2009 DBP 30 DLS 6  DBP NJ State Champs/DLS Cali Champs

Lakeland 31 DLS 30  Lakeland Fl State Semis   

2008 DBP 23 DLS 21 DBP NJ State Champs/DLS Cali runner ups

2004 Bellevue 39 DLS 20  Bellevue WA Champs

During this time DLS beat Mullen, Byrnes, BG, and ELDER OOS

13 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

I've been trying to stay out of this thread, but what gets me is all the talk last year how lee county and tift county, etc were good football teams. Valdosta has beat those teams the last two years. It's hard to look into the mirror man, but Los is right. 

Valdosta is being given too much hell. When i said good... i meant Top 125-250 .. which Lee Co probably was but not Tift.. those teams are going to make you play. Lee Co. is no worse than Cocoa. 

I dont want to hear anything else about Mountain Pointe either... or any team that loses to Chandler. Valdosta lost to a Top 15 team by 20 because of 3 unforced turnovers.

As far as State Champs...

SJB lost to Bishop Gorman by 15, only 5 points less than Valdosta lost to Chandler... and SJB is consider a Top 4 team in America. 

St. X lost to SJB by 34 and is still Top 25 by SOME.  They also have FOUR other losses. And only 1 of those 5 losses was to a team as good as Chandler.

Lake Travis lost to Converse Judson.... it doesnt matter by how much. 

St. Thomas Aquinas lost to Booker T. Washington... it doesnt matter by how much... thats a far, far worse loss than losing to Chandler by 20 

Carol City has 3 losses, and none of those teams are as good as Chandler.

Novi Catholic Central isnt a state champ,  but they lost in the State Championship... they beat St. Iggy yet lost to a team ranked below Chandler, by 29 points.

These teams have all lost to teams FAR below Chandler... there is a double standard here. Context in Football games does matter... were that game played 10 more times, Valdosta doesnt lose by 20 in any of them... because they arent a team that turns the ball over like they did vs Chandler. 

43 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

I've been trying to stay out of this thread, but what gets me is all the talk last year how lee county and tift county, etc were good football teams. Valdosta has beat those teams the last two years. It's hard to look into the mirror man, but Los is right. 

I think it depends on the prism we are viewing through.

Lee was a solid football team over the past couple of years, and they are on the come up as a program with Head Coach Fabrizio and indoor practice facility being built as we are typing. Not saying that they are elite at all, but solid with a huge upside on the horizon as their booster club grows and the community invests further into player development. 

Tift has always been what we see of them, short a team or two in the distant past. They are a good rival in the region with a good bit of history between them and the other area teams, but seldom ever elite. They are the exact opposite of Lee, in that they are flat, with not a huge upside looming without some major changes in their organization. (no offense to the Tift folks but that's how I see it from outside). They on occasion produce some pretty good talent but just lack the ability to develop more from scratch,

Valdosta, was, and continues to be a solid program as well. They have a huge and supportive booster club, that if they believe in what the HC is selling, will open their pocket books and do whatever it takes to develop talent and improve upon what they have already. I have a feeling their horizon has a huge upside looming as well, as their new school is under construction. Not sure how much of their indoor practice facilities and multiple practice fields will make it into the final product straight away, but one can assume that some of the talent they have lost to Lowndes in the past may find good reasons to stay at Valdosta now. 

Check out the new digs for Valdosta:

Add in that they won the 6A state championship in their first year with a new HC, went to Frisco for the Geico State Champions Bowl Series and have won more games than any other team in the country... They are definitely on the coming up side of things.  

Anyway. I don't blame ECHS for defending Valdosta as he has, nor do I blame anyone else for having the take away they did either. 

I agree that in the national prism, Valdosta didn't belong ranked as highly as they were. I remained hopeful that they could capture lightning in a bottle and prove that Arizona didn't have anything for Georgia, period. As it turned out, Arizona had it and Valdosta really didn't belong, but at least Valdosta showed up and played, as did Chandler, Bingham and St. Thomas Aquinas. Props to all of them for stepping up to the plate when so many seem to look for and find reasons to not play.