Keys To Grayson-Colquitt

Rufus69

Well...it's Wednesday.  It's the day before Thanksgiving.  And it's almost Game day.  Everybody and their brother knew that Grayson would be the team to beat in Georgia AAAAAAA.  It was that way before the season started.  It was that way after the Rams lost to IMG.  And it's that way today.  It makes one wonder...how in Tift can Grayson be beat?  Shoot, can they be beat?

Rush seems to think they can.  And he thinks we have the TEAM to do it.  We've already concluded that the Hawgs simply can't make the stupid decisions costing us unnecessary penalties.  We've even thrown it out there that we hafta focus on EVERY play.  We cannot take plays off and expect to win.  We have a very good skill set group.  We have a pretty good special teams and seconday unit.  But when it comes right down to it...the game will be won/lost in the trenches.

"Doc" told me something this morning that is absolute Gospel.  He said..."Rufus, our O-Line and D-Line have gotta get plain nasty.  We gotta act like the Rams slapped our mamas".  Don't know about you but that would get me riled up.  Like I told a few coaches...WE GOTTA MAKE IT PERSONAL.  We have a history of "ill will" with Grayson...and...they don't particularly like us either.  Herron knows Rush and Rush knows Herron.  This is gonna be an old fashioned knock'em down - drag'em out.  Till the bitter end.

Finally...our crowd of CRAZIES are gonna hafta show the Green Meanies just how much we love them.  No matter what the score is...we gotta be heard and understood.  The gurus don't think we have much of a chance.  I'm hearing we're down by 16-18 points.  I say BULLSHIT.  Mack Tharpe is OUR stadium.  Tom White is OUR field.  And we're just not gonna let somebody come into our place and push us around in a PLAYOFF game.

It's time to let the Big Hawg eat........

Rufus>>

• Like 2

If Colquitt can successfully move the ball on Grayson in the FIRST half, then I think this game will go really well. Packers need to start hot - they're usually pretty good about blitzing a two drive - two touchdown first quarter.  

I hate to put it all on him, but Jay is gonna have to play extremely well. Windows are going to be very tight. Games against Roswell, AHP, and Tucker have feared him for this moment, though. Learning curves are meant to prepare for exams. 

Grayson is not a juggernaut on offense. They are extremely talented and well coached, but not sold on their identity/scheme/execution against the top teams.  In games against McEachern, IMG, and Hoover- they were not blowing people off the ball... that said, Colquitt would rank 4th in defense this year behind all those teams.

Which brings us back to Mr Jay :) gonna need some explosive bursts leading to points. I'd like to see Mr Edwards tote that thang, too...  as a freshman, even if he doesn't suceeed, the snaps against that front seven will make him a better, more experienced player going into next week/season 

Actually looking forward to this game.  Its a lose lose for ga.  If Grayson wins then calquit sux and yada yada yada and if calquit wins then how horrible must ga be that even a 4  loss team can beat an all star team made up of the best players in the state.  The real question is is Lyme Sync taking any action on this game?

To be VERY clear....Lime Sink does not promote, condone nor participate in the wagering on high school football.

BUT...we do have part ownership in a "family" business in North Morven...the BNB (Bent-Nosed Boys) who have been known to accept wagers from time to time.  Presently, they are offering Colquitt +10 with the tie being a wash.  The only action I'm aware of is coming out of Gwinnett County....and one Benjamin out of South Berlin.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Actually looking forward to this game.  Its a lose lose for ga.  If Grayson wins then calquit sux and yada yada yada and if calquit wins then how horrible must ga be that even a 4  loss team can beat an all star team made up of the best players in the state.  The real question is is Lyme Sync taking any action on this game?

This scenario feels oddly familiar