King Cake and 2018 State of the Union Address tonight.

RedZone

1 minute ago, Bormio said:

The issue is not about the GOP losing seats - it is whether they lose the House.  That is not yet set in stone.

Nothing is set in stone. Anything can happen.

It's about what's likely.

Republicans are down 10 points (or so) in the generic ballot and their members are retiring in droves.

Also, President's almost always lose seats in midterms.

But you can keep thinking that silly optics in January mean something (even though they clearly don't).

1 minute ago, Guccifer said:

These things never matter.

You think it's great because 2 years ago you were the one with the sullen face during the good news.

The story then is the same now. The incumbent party will get creamed in November midterms.

Two years ago unemployment was nearly 2 points higher, GDP growth was anemic (not even 1% for Q4 2015).

Great stuff.

Good news.

Excellent.

Out-fucking-standing!

Just now, Bormio said:

The great and powerful Los has spoken.

You can believe whatever you want but nobody remembers this stuff in November.

It's about tribalism and who's energized.

A low-energy Democratic ticket in 2016 still got 2.8 million more votes than Trump. And that Democratic base is pissed off now and highly motivated.

1 minute ago, Guccifer said:

Nothing is set in stone. Anything can happen.

It's about what's likely.

Republicans are down 10 points (or so) in the generic ballot and their members are retiring in droves.

Also, President's almost always lose seats in midterms.

But you can keep thinking that silly optics in January mean something (even though they clearly don't).

Political analysis from the man who told us Hillary could never lose Pa.  #reliable

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, concha said:

Two years ago unemployment was nearly 2 points higher, GDP growth was anemic (not even 1% for Q4 2015).

Great stuff.

Good news.

Excellent.

Out-fucking-standing!

Greatest peacetime growth in history in 2000 = incumbent party still lost Presidential election

Booming economy in 2006 = incumbent party got slaughtered

Longest consecutive months of job growth in 2016 = incumbent party still lost President election

People do not vote on economics. If they did you would've voted for Hillary and she'd be President. Gore would've been President. Hastert would've been Speaker in 2007.

It's a myth.

38 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

What's funny is how concha can't avoid exposing himself as a liar no matter what the thread is.

Late in 2016 he claimed that President's had nothing to do with low unemployment rates or high stock markets.

But that was when Obama was President.

The moment Trump was inaugurated, concha changed his entire economic worldview. 

Image result for now thats funny gif

4 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Political analysis from the man who told us Hillary could never lose Pa.  #reliable

I never use the word never.

But I love how these political novices who wouldn't know what a  mandate was if it bit them in the ass will ignore all common sense because one time a fluke happened and their hero became President.

It's an incredibly stupid way to go about life.

41 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

If this was the case you'd very easily be able to tell me what he did to spur this rise in black employment.

I'd say bringing in a pro-business platform, removal of regulations, the promise of a tax bill...

Are we to believe the accelerated drop in black unemployment under Trump is in honor of Obama? Hillary maybe?

Shouldn't it have gone up under this guy you so loathe?

1 minute ago, concha said:

Are we to believe the accelerated drop in black unemployment under Trump is in honor of Obama? Hillary maybe?

No, unlike you I just demand evidence and actions for claims like this.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-essential-washington-updates-hold-fact-check-black-unemployment-rate-1517364943-htmlstory.html

The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported last month that the unemployment rate for blacks dropped to 6.8% in December, the lowest since the government began tracking the figure in 1972.

The sharp decline began eight years ago. The rate peaked in 2010 at 16.8%, which was the highest since 1984 in the aftermath of the Great Recession.

4 minutes ago, concha said:

I'd say bringing in a pro-business platform, removal of regulations, the promise of a tax bill...

Shouldn't it have gone up under this guy you so loathe?

Again, what's funny is that 14 months ago none of this was within the power of the President to control.

You made that very clear.

But now?

Complete 180.

20 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

These things never matter.

You think it's great because 2 years ago you were the one with the sullen face during the good news.

The story then is the same now. The incumbent party will get creamed in November midterms.

Stay away from November it is a bad month for you

11 hours ago, Guccifer said:

It's only funny because it's true.

And everybody here knows it.

They did claim it was closer to 20% and before the White Donald Trump came along with his Carnival Barker act.  Now it's the greatest Damn employment numbers in History.  Because Obama handed him a shitty Economy. And it's people like this that taught me History till I started grabbing books for myself and discovering they are str8 B.S.  I am still waiting on Drummer to tell me what Jefferson meant by all Men are created equal. xD

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bormio said:

It is not a bad night for Dems cause there is good economic news, it is a bad night because they appear to hate it.

This kind of stuff just proves how dishonest people like you are.

The opposing party cheers less than the incumbent party.

Always.

But only tonight does it register in your mind.

There was good economic news for the last 8 years and Republicans sat on their hands.

In fact concha was right on this forum lying about it every single day.

6 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

Greatest peacetime growth in history in 2000 = incumbent party still lost Presidential election

Booming economy in 2006 = incumbent party got slaughtered

Longest consecutive months of job growth in 2016 = incumbent party still lost President election

People do not vote on economics. If they did you would've voted for Hillary and she'd be President. Gore would've been President. Hastert would've been Speaker in 2007.

It's a myth.

That growth ended when the tech bubble burst at the end of the Clinton campaign.

The economy was weak in 2016. And the incumbents ran the least competent candidate in human history.

The rest is just absurdity.

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

They did claim it was closer to 20% and before the White Donald Trump came along with his Carnival Barker act.  Now it's the greatest Damn employment numbers in History.  Because Obama handed him a shitty Economy. And it;s people like this that taught me History till I started grabbing books for myself and discovering they are str8 B.S.  I am still waiting on Drummer to tell me what Jefferson meant by all Men are created equal. xD

Trump said that he inherited a disaster.

Then less than 6 months later he was talking about how great the economy was.