Some California news

Ararar

10 minutes ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

would be nice or interesting if Bosco can avenge its regular-season loss in the post-season to MD, similiar to the 2016 season and 2019 season, but i don't see that happening this time.

Nobody saw it happening at halftime of the last time they won either 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

ya, i kinda don't want to see MD get a 5th natty, national title, but its bound to happen for them eventually, i remember how upset i was when MD upset highly favored Bosco in the 2018 title game, because i wanted to see another school from Cali not named MD or DLS, win a National Title in HS football, even though Bosco did kinda do that in 2013, that Bosco team was not as highly decorated as the 2019 Bosco team, which i'm glad Bosco got their revenge in 2019.

Now i hope a public school can achieve that someday, as i've mentioned many times before, but why do i get the feeling that won't happen anytime soon.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

Now i hope a public school can achieve that someday, as i've mentioned many times before, but why do i get the feeling that won't happen anytime soon.

Because in CA to be considered for a “Natty” you have to be an Open Champ and There are only 2 public schools who really have a Chance at This, MV and Cen10….

The problem for those teams is they likely have to Beat Both SJB and MD in The playoff’s to get to the Open Game… 

Also you can oHave ther Privates rise up like Servite has this year as they crushed MV where MV knocked Servite out of the playoffs just a couple of years ago….

Its just not going to happen as long as MD and SJB are who they are…. It would take both a coaching change and the Admin Backing down their support for FB at both those schools…. Neither of those things are happening any time soon….

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Because in CA to be considered for a “Natty” you have to be an Open Champ and There are only 2 public schools who really have a Chance at This, MV and Cen10….

The problem for those teams is they likely have to Beat Both SJB and MD in The playoff’s to get to the Open Game… 

Also you can oHave ther Privates rise up like Servite has this year as they crushed MV where MV knocked Servite out of the playoffs just a couple of years ago….

Its just not going to happen as long as MD and SJB are who they are…. It would take both a coaching change and the Admin Backing down their support for FB at both those schools…. Neither of those things are happening any time soon….

ya, it also even kinda dissapoints me, that, even when DLS's winning streak came to an end in 2004, and before MD and Bosco became the national powerhouses they are now, not even a single California Public School was able to win a Natty, or finish the season ranked number 1 in the nation during that timespan.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

ya, it also even kinda dissapoints me, that, even when DLS's winning streak came to an end in 2004, and before MD and Bosco became the national powerhouses they are now, not even a single California Public School was able to win a Natty, or finish the season ranked number 1 in the nation during that timespan.

Poly had The Best Chance in 2008 when They Played Grant in The Open…. They were ranked Really high and I think they even beat a Top FL Team, but lost that game To Grant….

Not sure of any other Public that was close other then MV who finished Ranked #2 in 2004…. They were likely hurt in the polls because DLS had the 2 or 3 losses that year and a couple of ties and MV only beat them 17-14 on a missed FG by DLS….

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Poly had The Best Chance in 2008 when They Played Grant in The Open…. They were ranked Really high and I think they even beat a Top FL Team, but lost that game To Grant….

Not sure of any other Public that was close other then MV who finished Ranked #2 in 2004…. They were likely hurt in the polls because DLS had the 2 or 3 losses that year and a couple of ties and MV only beat them 17-14 on a missed FG by DLS….

its another reminde that, LB Poly is 0-2 in the state title game since CIF reinstated it starting in the 2006 season, also, some people think, Corona Centennial probably could have achieved that in the 2015 season if their HC Matt Logan had believed in kicking field goals.

Other California Public Schools have that come close, Los Al(Los Alamitos), i think they were ranked number 1 in the nation in the 1994 season before they lost a very close game to MD at Angel Stadium.

But ya, i really hope in my lifetime, a California Public School can achieve that. Last time that happend, the internet didn't exist yet.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

That Poly team was almost upset by Tesoro in the SS Finals. What a game that was! Preston King from Tesoro was the best player on the field. If a heart ailment didn't get him at SDSU, he could have been a great there too. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

Especially since usually the most talented MV players were guys who didn't quite win the #1 job at MD or SJB.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bigrobstercraws said:

That Poly team was almost upset by Tesoro in the SS Finals. What a game that was! Preston King from Tesoro was the best player on the field. If a heart ailment didn't get him at SDSU, he could have been a great there too. 

GREAT call!… That was a Great game and That Kid was a Great Player!!… That was a great Tesoro Team!!….

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

On 10/11/2021 at 3:57 PM, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

would be nice or interesting if Bosco can avenge its regular-season loss in the post-season to MD, similiar to the 2016 season and 2019 season, but i don't see that happening this time.

That would neither be nice nor interesting. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 10/12/2021 at 1:08 PM, THEOC89 said:

GREAT call!… That was a Great game and That Kid was a Great Player!!… That was a great Tesoro Team!!….

Thanks! I think he's an assistant at Bosco now. He played both ways as a true frosh at SDSU (safety and Wildcat QB). That was his only season. 

Speaking of Tesoro...they might be facing a relegation to the Sea View if they keep doing what they're doing.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, bigrobstercraws said:

Thanks! I think he's an assistant at Bosco now. He played both ways as a true frosh at SDSU (safety and Wildcat QB). That was his only season. 

Speaking of Tesoro...they might be facing a relegation to the Sea View if they keep doing what they're doing.  

Tesoro is in a very tough spot… They have to Compete with SM, MV and JSerra for Players….

The Sea View League is probly a good spot for them…. I don’t see them Competing with MV or San Clemente for the League Title any time soon….

It tough in South OC, Just look at San Juan Hills…. They looked like they had something going for a few years but have slid back to the bottom of the South Coast League…..

• Like 2

On 10/12/2021 at 6:03 PM, MD87 said:

That would neither be nice nor interesting. 😉

part of the reason why i was very happy that Bosco got their revenge in 2019, is because i believe that marked the first time a HS in the Southern California region not named MD, finished number 1 in the nation in multiple or all key polls, yes i know the 2013 Bosco team was ranked like that as well, but it was nowhere near as decorated as the 2019 Bosco team, i wanted to see a CA HS not named MD be nationally ranked like MD was in 1994 and 1996 and 2017. Now i'm hoping a Public School can do the same someday in my lifetime but it looks doubtful for the near future.

Also, many people feel that MD would have no doubt had a 3-peat in 2019 if Elias Ricks hadn't transferred out to IMG, i guess Bosco has Elias Ricks to thank for transferring out to IMG, i believe MD lost some other key players during the off-season prior to 2019, but Elias Ricks was the biggest blow, the MD community no doubt wonders what if Elias Ricks had stayed at MD for his senior year.

17 hours ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

Also, many people feel that MD would have no doubt had a 3-peat in 2019 if Elias Ricks hadn't transferred out to IMG, i guess Bosco has Elias Ricks to thank for transferring out to IMG, i believe MD lost some other key players during the off-season prior to 2019, but Elias Ricks was the biggest blow, the MD community no doubt wonders what if Elias Ricks had stayed at MD for his senior year.

Both MD's starting cornerbacks transferred before the 2019 season. Ricks went to IMG and Darion Green-Warren transferred to Narbonne. The replacements were not too shabby in Jaylin Davies and Domani Jackson. But not having the normal depth in the secondary bit us in the very end when Davies was injured.

A lot of 'what ifs'!  I still think there is the potential for Jackson's injury to hurt us later this year. I believe in 'next man up' mentality but it's hard to replace the #1 recruit in the state.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

part of the reason why i was very happy that Bosco got their revenge in 2019, is because i believe that marked the first time a HS in the Southern California region not named MD, finished number 1 in the nation in multiple or all key polls, yes i know the 2013 Bosco team was ranked like that as well, but it was nowhere near as decorated as the 2019 Bosco team, i wanted to see a CA HS not named MD be nationally ranked like MD was in 1994 and 1996 and 2017. Now i'm hoping a Public School can do the same someday in my lifetime but it looks doubtful for the near future.

You are correct that ER12 was gone, but also so was our #2 CB from the previous season, Darion Green-Warren, who transferred to Narbonne so that he (like Ricks) could graduate early.  Those two losses were significant, to say the least, but the nails in MD's coffin that night were Jaylin Davies (that season's #1 CB for MD, who had some of his best games against Bosco) and Kobah Fuamatu (MD's most consistent pass rush threat) being too banged up to play the second half.  Those two play and MD wins.

2 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Both MD's starting cornerbacks transferred before the 2019 season. Ricks went to IMG and Darion Green-Warren transferred to Narbonne. The replacements were not too shabby in Jaylin Davies and Domani Jackson. But not having the normal depth in the secondary bit us in the very end when Davies was injured.

A lot of 'what ifs'!  I still think there is the potential for Jackson's injury to hurt us later this year. I believe in 'next man up' mentality but it's hard to replace the #1 recruit in the state.

Ha, didn't see your reply before posting mine below.  Been concerned ever since the news Domani went down, particularly re Servite.  If we figure out how to contain TMac and Burnett, I'm not worried about no Domani if we have to play Bosco again.  Honestly, right now I think I'd rather play Bosco twice than Servite twice.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, MD87 said:

Ha, didn't see your reply before posting mine below.  Been concerned ever since the news Domani went down, particularly re Servite.  If we figure out how to contain TMac and Burnett, I'm not worried about no Domani if we have to play Bosco again.  Honestly, right now I think I'd rather play Bosco twice than Servite twice.

Servite is a tougher matchup than Bosco. Next week will be a huge game!

• Like 2