Some California news

Ararar

14 hours ago, Ararar said:

Except they don’t 

they play like minded and talented teams 

who strive to be MNC And proven by their schedules.

Pretty much a fail post there 

Only recently can this argument be made. 

And even then I dont think La Mirada,St.Marys and Bishop Amat would agree... 

Nothing screams playing equal competition like 

42-14

42-0 

Blowouts... 

In order for MD to be playing equal comp they'd need to line up against San Diego State and UNLV... 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, DLS350 said:

Funny, that’s exactly how I feel about you and all of Socal, you can keep it.

Is there a NorCal Baby Seal Slap Dick team capable of beating DLS this year ? Or is 28 consecutive years of clubbing baby seal slappies in the bag again ? How embarrassing for NorCal. USAT must agree based on their early poll.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Exocet 98 said:

Is there a NorCal Baby Seal Slap Dick team capable of beating DLS this year ? Or is 28 consecutive years of clubbing baby seal slappies in the bag again ? How embarrassing for NorCal. USAT must agree based on their early poll.

I was being nice to put NoCal in tier 2, they’re actually tier 3 at best.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, On2whls said:

Seeing is believing.  They’ve got a pretty fortified roster so they should be able to roll their OOL schedule.  We’ll see how that works out.  

Maybe you get to see them.  It’s not guaranteed that DLS beats STA (although they should).  If STA  wins, Folsom cleans up all the mistakes this time around, rallies around the new coach, is inspired by home field, and beats DLS, then maybe DLS ends up squaring off against Narbonne for D1AA title????

IDK how good Narbonne will be this year, I just know they are being hyped a bit. And if they are somehow among the best teams in CA, they'll find a home with the SS crowd.

As far as Folsom goes this season, I'm skeptical until proven otherwise. It's one thing to change the HC, as DLS did with Lad, while maintaining most of the staff and system and yet another thing to lose all of them.

With the talent they still have, I have no doubt Folsom will still be really good in the SJS. But I just don't envision them having a shot against DLS or being at the same level they've been the past couple seasons. They would have been a long shot against DLS even if the coaches remained in place.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

IDK how good Narbonne will be this year, I just know they are being hyped a bit. And if they are somehow among the best teams in CA, they'll find a home with the SS crowd.

As far as Folsom goes this season, I'm skeptical until proven otherwise. It's one thing to change the HC, as DLS did with Lad, while maintaining most of the staff and system and yet another thing to lose all of them.

With the talent they still have, I have no doubt Folsom will still be really good in the SJS. But I just don't envision them having a shot against DLS or being at the same level they've been the past couple seasons. They would have been a long shot against DLS even if the coaches remained in place.

Nobody in So Cal (who knows football) is hyping Narbonne (aka Instagram National #1)

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Nobody in So Cal (who knows football) is hyping Narbonne (aka Instagram National #1)

Agree with you. They really don’t play a tough schedule and they are in the City Section which means there playoffs will be a breeze. I think m the best team on there schedule might be Buchanan or a Gardena Serra team who lost some players to transfer. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SoCalFball said:

Agree with you. They really don’t play a tough schedule and they are in the City Section which means there playoffs will be a breeze. I think m the best team on there schedule might be Buchanan or a Gardena Serra team who lost some players to transfer. 

Agree,I thought they were better than Cathedral Catholic last year but because they hadn’t played a team with a pulse in 2 months it took them too long to get going and fell behind 21-7 at the half before imposing their will in the 2nd half 

• Like 1

At the 24 team Charter Oaks Super 7 Tournament Servite goes 3-0 in pool play beating Los Altos 30-16, Fullerton 31-13, and St. Francis 20-6. In the Championship bracket, Servite beat Quartz Hills 34-7, Corona Centennial 28-13, and, in the semis Servite beat Charter Oaks 20-6, before defeating St. Francis again in the championship game (score?).

In the other semifinal game St. Francis beat Bishop Amat 12-7.

Other teams included Rancho Cucamonga, Norco, Colony, Chino Hills, Corona Santiago, La Serna, Mira Costa, Rosemead, Murietta Mesa, Ayala, Monrovia, Bassett, San Gabriel, Arcadia and Crespi.

Servite winning a passing tournament? Troy Thomas has changed in 2019.

D642bP7VsAY3okI?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 5