Some California news

Ararar

"I applaud Bru and his courageousness to say, 'Hey, this is not where my heart is, and I'm going to do something to change that,'" Herman said of McCoy's decision to transfer from USC to Texas.

If he transfers again, maybe the kid is displaying courage beyond our ability to comprehend.  😎

• Haha 5

54 minutes ago, The Colonel said:

"I applaud Bru and his courageousness to say, 'Hey, this is not where my heart is, and I'm going to do something to change that,'" Herman said of McCoy's decision to transfer from USC to Texas.

If he transfers again, maybe the kid is displaying courage beyond our ability to comprehend.  😎

Bru is the 🐐 best of luck to him where ever he goes

• Like 1

Gardena (Calif.) Serra freshman quarterback Maalik Murphy wowed just about everyone who saw him over the weekend at the Steve Clarkson QB Retreat.

Murphy is a very talented quarterback with an upside as high as any quarterback in the 2022 class. He’s a player we first heard about when he was still in middle school and his recruitment has really taken off this off-season.

He has blown past the double digit scholarship offer mark and gave a little taste of his immense talent at The QB Retreat over the weekend. Murphy won the long ball competition, that included the college quarterbacks, with a 74 yard throw and impressed in the drills as well.

Murphy is more than just a big arm, he’s an athlete who’s comfortable throwing outside the pocket, is accurate to all three levels of the field and can throw with touch and change speeds when necessary. 

The competition at Serra for the quarterback position should be a fun to watch as the Cavs also boast 2020 quarterback and UNLV commit Doug Brumfield. Regardless of who starts, Serra will have one of the most talented quarterback rooms in the region.

On the recruiting front, Murphy already has offers from schools nationwide including Arkansas, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Michigan, Ohio State, Oregon and Texas. 

“Texas was my most recent offer and I have a lot of interest in them for sure,” Murphy said. “I’m the first quarterback in the 2022 class they offered so that means a lot to me. They’ll be a top school for me for years to come in the recruiting process and that’s a school I can definitely see myself at.”

Ohio State and Oregon a couple of other schools who stand out to Murphy right now.

“I really like how I fit the program at Ohio State,” Murphy said. “I like the offense a lot and feel it’s a really good fit for what I do. I see the success Dwayne Haskins had and I think I could big things there as well. I’m developing a good relationship with coach (Mike) Yurcich as well and hopefully I can get out there for a visit, I’ve never been before.

“Oregon is the dream school for me and has been for a long time. Ever since Darron Thomas was playing quarterback for them and they played against Cam Newon in the BCS title game, I’ve been an Oregon fan. I love the coaching staff at Oregon, they’re so energetic and that’s another school I want to visit so I can really see how things are there.”

As for summer camp plans, Murphy said he doesn’t have anything set right now. 

“I don’t have any visit plans set up right now but we’ll see, I’m open to anything,” Murphy said. “I haven’t heard from the local schools yet, USC and UCLA but those are my hometown schools so hopefully they come around and I would visit there since it’s close to home.

“I would like to take some trips and see some schools but right now, I’m just really focusing on Serra football and I know I have a long way to go in the recruiting process being just a freshman so like I said, I’m still open to everyone who comes after me.”

28 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Gardena (Calif.) Serra freshman quarterback Maalik Murphy wowed just about everyone who saw him over the weekend at the Steve Clarkson QB Retreat.

Murphy is a very talented quarterback with an upside as high as any quarterback in the 2022 class. He’s a player we first heard about when he was still in middle school and his recruitment has really taken off this off-season.

He has blown past the double digit scholarship offer mark and gave a little taste of his immense talent at The QB Retreat over the weekend. Murphy won the long ball competition, that included the college quarterbacks, with a 74 yard throw and impressed in the drills as well.

Murphy is more than just a big arm, he’s an athlete who’s comfortable throwing outside the pocket, is accurate to all three levels of the field and can throw with touch and change speeds when necessary. 

The competition at Serra for the quarterback position should be a fun to watch as the Cavs also boast 2020 quarterback and UNLV commit Doug Brumfield. Regardless of who starts, Serra will have one of the most talented quarterback rooms in the region.

On the recruiting front, Murphy already has offers from schools nationwide including Arkansas, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Michigan, Ohio State, Oregon and Texas. 

“Texas was my most recent offer and I have a lot of interest in them for sure,” Murphy said. “I’m the first quarterback in the 2022 class they offered so that means a lot to me. They’ll be a top school for me for years to come in the recruiting process and that’s a school I can definitely see myself at.”

Ohio State and Oregon a couple of other schools who stand out to Murphy right now.

“I really like how I fit the program at Ohio State,” Murphy said. “I like the offense a lot and feel it’s a really good fit for what I do. I see the success Dwayne Haskins had and I think I could big things there as well. I’m developing a good relationship with coach (Mike) Yurcich as well and hopefully I can get out there for a visit, I’ve never been before.

“Oregon is the dream school for me and has been for a long time. Ever since Darron Thomas was playing quarterback for them and they played against Cam Newon in the BCS title game, I’ve been an Oregon fan. I love the coaching staff at Oregon, they’re so energetic and that’s another school I want to visit so I can really see how things are there.”

As for summer camp plans, Murphy said he doesn’t have anything set right now. 

“I don’t have any visit plans set up right now but we’ll see, I’m open to anything,” Murphy said. “I haven’t heard from the local schools yet, USC and UCLA but those are my hometown schools so hopefully they come around and I would visit there since it’s close to home.

“I would like to take some trips and see some schools but right now, I’m just really focusing on Serra football and I know I have a long way to go in the recruiting process being just a freshman so like I said, I’m still open to everyone who comes after me.”

He’s going to look great in 3 stripes his jr and sr years

• Haha 2

On 5/27/2019 at 7:00 PM, mustangman21 said:

Since high school is over for him I can say it fairly. What a pu$$y b*tch lol. No wonder the Pac is soft AF.

always funny to me how people behind a keyboard (probably an adult) could judge & berate an 18year old on the biggest decision they've ever made in their life. 

Internet is full of tough guys. Class act

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mje44 said:

always funny to me how people behind a keyboard (probably an adult) could judge & berate an 18year old on the biggest decision they've ever made in their life. 

Internet is full of tough guys. Class act

Except he already made his decision.... Or are you in camp coddle where poor little Horace Jr. misses mommy and daddy and is feeling homesick about beach time with JT Daniels and Amon-Ra St. Brown?

56 minutes ago, mustangman21 said:

Except he already made his decision.... Or are you in camp coddle where poor little Horace Jr. misses mommy and daddy and is feeling homesick about beach time with JT Daniels and Amon-Ra St. Brown?

You Texas dudes are pretty salty, but I guess years upon years of Big 12 irrelevancy could do that to a man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, mustangman21 said:

Once again berating 18year olds. super classy. whatever makes you happy

maybe this is more about Texas than it is Bru. Funny how this happened the same week Zach Evans doesn't even put Texas in his top 5....not a good look

44 minutes ago, mje44 said:

Once again berating 18year olds. super classy. whatever makes you happy

maybe this is more about Texas than it is Bru. Funny how this happened the same week Zach Evans doesn't even put Texas in his top 5....not a good look

An even worse look is the Texas Coach,QB and assistant Coaches flying out to Los Angeles to kiss Bru’s homesick ass 😂😂

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, On2whls said:

You Texas dudes are pretty salty, but I guess years upon years of Big 12 irrelevancy could do that to a man.

Ya man sure thing, the Pac 12 is absolutely crushing it in college football. 1 playoff appearance, trash bowl record, bottom of the food chain in revenue. Hats off stuff there fellas. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, mustangman21 said:

Ya man sure thing, the Pac 12 is absolutely crushing it in college football. 1 playoff appearance, trash bowl record, bottom of the food chain in revenue. Hats off stuff there fellas. 

Yet they have almost double the amount of players on an NFL roster than the Big 12. 

Once again, whatever makes you feel better bud!! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1