Some California news

Ararar

25 minutes ago, SoCalFball said:

That’s if Narbonne still has a program in the coming weeks. Word is the hammer is gonna come down on them with this investigation they are under. 

Can they actually remove the program do a period of time, or just apply severe restrictions?

13 minutes ago, SoCalFball said:

I’m not sure. Maybe severe restrictions is more likely. But they could rule all the transfers they have received ineligible. Will see what happens but I except something to happen because you reassigned a coach for nothing. 

Bosco and Servite are about to pick up a bunch of kids...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SoCalFball said:

I’m not sure. Maybe severe restrictions is more likely. But they could rule all the transfers they have received ineligible. Will see what happens but I except something to happen because you reassigned a coach for nothing. 

Ahem.

See the Colquitt debacle. Coach suspended and replaced for... Nothing. It happens. Just sayin', don't be surprised if the playbook isn't the same there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A few factors played into the decision, but Dejon Jernagin has finally decided the best decision for his two youngest sons is for the family to move back to Southern California.

Jernagin told The Californian on Wednesday that his sons, Isaac and Ian Jernagin, will leave Bakersfield High and enroll at Santa Margarita High in Orange County later this month.

Jernagin, a native of Pasadena, said he and his wife, Shelly, who grew up in Long Beach, wanted to move back down south to be closer to Shelly’s parents, but envisioned that time frame coming after Isaac’s senior year this coming season.

Then, Jernagin said, Paul Golla’s departure from BHS to Garces helped expedite the move.

“We made the decision when coach Golla left. We looked at the possibility of moving back to L.A.,” Dejon Jernagin said. “My wife’s parents are getting up there, so we decided this was the best time to do it. We were thinking about doing it going into Ian’s junior year. We are just a year ahead of schedule.”

Isaac Jernagin, a rising senior, has been one of the top wide receiver recruits in California with 12 offers from programs like USC, Utah, Arizona, Nevada and Arizona State and was recently selected to participate in The Opening next month in Eugene, Ore. Jernagin would have become just the second Kern County selection to the elite summer football showcase after former Liberty linebacker Krys Barnes was selected in 2015. The only other Central Section selection this season is Kendall Milton, a nationally-recruited running back at Clovis-Buchanan.

Ian, a rising sophomore, already has garnered offers from Nevada and Arizona.

“They visited the program at Rancho Santa Margarita and it was something that they were accustomed to with coach Golla,” Dejon Jernagin said. “And now in the Trinity League, they get to play in an elite league and the average GPA at the school is 3.9. They get to be put in the best situation both academically and athletically.”

Santa Margarita went 3-7 overall in 2018 and 0-5 in Trinity League play, widely considered the toughest high school football league with the likes of Bellflower-St. John Bosco, Santa Ana-Mater Dei and San Juan Capistrano-JSerra all ranked in the top-20 nationally by CalPreps.com. Mater Dei and St. John Bosco finished last season as the top-two ranked teams in the United States.

“Some would say it’s just football, but for us it’s more. It’s part of our life goal,” Dejon Jernagin said. “We just didn’t feel right with the situation moving forward there. That was a factor, as well.”

The oldest of the three sons, Isaiah, graduated from BHS last week and will play on scholarship at Cal Poly next season. 

I was not able to attend 😠, but I’m hearing that DLS looked really good the passing tourney at Sac State today. They won two of 3 from Folsom and “won” the tourney. Sounds like Hale and the receiving corp are making serious strides....as I figured that he/they would. Courtesy NorCalpreps. Passing tourney at DLS in two weeks. I’ll be there for sure to see for myself. We’re getting close! Little over two months!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Blueliner said:

I was not able to attend 😠, but I’m hearing that DLS looked really good the passing tourney at Sac State today. They won two of 3 from Folsom and “won” the tourney. Sounds like Hale and the receiving corp are making serious strides....as I figured that he/they would. Courtesy NorCalpreps. Passing tourney at DLS in two weeks. I’ll be there for sure to see for myself. We’re getting close! Little over two months!

DLS will be improved this year.Will it be enough to beat loaded and experienced MD or SJB? I don’t believe so but the open championship may be back in NorCal in 2020

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blueliner said:

What are they running? RPO? Air Raid? Pro?

16 hours ago, Blueliner said:

I saw that. Maybe a good sign? But gotta pump the brakes a bit BL.....it’s split squad 7 v 7 😂.  You know that means nada as far as real games go! It’s maybe a good sign, but no way to tell if that translates to when the pads are on. I’ve seen plenty of teams dominate in the summer only to get crushed in games. Although DLS line play is usually not a weakness, so who knows 👍

8 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

I saw that. Maybe a good sign? But gotta pump the brakes a bit BL.....it’s split squad 7 v 7 😂.  You know that means nada as far as real games go! It’s maybe a good sign, but no way to tell if that translates to when the pads are on. I’ve seen plenty of teams dominate in the summer only to get crushed in games. Although DLS line play is usually not a weakness, so who knows 👍

Totally agree. That’s why I said that I need to see for myself in a couple of weeks. It all sounds great, but you’re right, it was split squad passing tourney stuff. But I’m telling you, these skill guys for DLS will be the best since ‘03. You heard it here.👍

• Like 2