Some California news

Ararar

5 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

I am with you on this... Unless CC beats MD in game 1 this year they will have to go through both MD and SJB... No one is beating those Dudes Back to Back....

Unfortunately for Nor Cal and Folsom their Best Shot at beating DLS was the last 3 years... That window is now closed... With “Training Wheels” fully off their QB and their Speed on Offense DLS will Steamroll The Best Teams in Nor Cal This year and next... 

Go to YouTube and Look up Luke Dermon. He’s the DLS frosh team QB. When you’re watching him, remember that he’s only a freshman😳. Sparty is set at QB for the next 3 years. He’d would be the starter next year on varsity as soph if not for Hale. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Go to YouTube and Look up Luke Dermon. He’s the DLS frosh team QB. When you’re watching him, remember that he’s only a freshman😳. Sparty is set at QB for the next 3 years. He’d would be the starter next year on varsity as soph if not for Hale. 

To bad the DLS frosh can’t play a Trinity league Frosh  team.  Someone should try to schedule big freshman games too 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

To bad the DLS frosh can’t play a Trinity league Frosh  team.  Someone should try to schedule big freshman games too 

That’d be cool. Get them ready for what’s down the road for them. 

I heard Dermon was a stud, but I didn’t realize he was THAT good. This kid is make big boy throws and plays already. Nice to see Sparty with back to back stud QBs. Looks like they see the writing on the wall a bit.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

QB hasnt been DLS issue the last 3 year...it's their center...hope the kid who starts next year starts drinking some protein shake before the open...

The last two  sbg games he had 3 snaps over the punter's head. I can't ever recall having seen one before, though throughout years I'm sure it's happened. Definitely  a weak spot,   like you have repeatedly brought up. Way under sized.

19 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

QB hasnt been DLS issue the last 3 year...it's their center...hope the kid who starts next year starts drinking some protein shake before the open...

Their last 3 QB before Hale was one that were converted from another position and two were converted baseball players. And Hale was a soph last season. The ship is being righted.

• Like 2

Corona (Calif.) Centennial always has plenty of weapons at the receiver position and Aaron Smith is a guy we think should be very productive this fall.

Smith had a solid junior season, hauling in 19 catches for 316 yards and three touchdowns. At 6-0, 205 pounds, Smith has a strong frame, runs well and is good after the catch.

He’s a natural pass catcher with good timing on jump balls and does a nice job making catching through contact. He’s a very good blocker as well and has made positive strides this off-season in adding size, strength and burst. 

On the recruiting front, Smith camped with USC over the weekend and has also visited UCLA, UC Davis, Azusa Pacific and will attend a Satellite Camp at Redlands later this month. 

We saw Smith at the Husky’s College Showcase last month and thought he performed very well. He has added about 10 pounds of good weight in the off-season and looks noticeably faster as well. 

“The schools reaching out the most right now are UC Davis, San Diego, Yale and Cal,” Smith said. “June has been a busy month for me but I’m just trying to work hard and impress the colleges coaches the best I can.”

Centennial looks loaded again and should be among the top teams both out west and nationally. Smith is part of one of the top wide receiver groups in the state and the Husky's should light up the scoreboard this fall. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Centennial looks loaded again and should be among the top teams both out west and nationally. Smith is part of one of the top wide receiver groups in the state and the Husky's should light up the scoreboard this fall. 

They have a freshman DB coming in that’s 6’1 175 and he already has an offer to Oregon.  Good running back/OLB coming in too.  I wouldn’t be surprised if both see a lot of varsity action.

I think they’ll be okay offensively other than the rotating QB’s which I’m not a fan of.  The defense however, is not going to be at all like last year.  They lost 6 of their seven best defenders to graduation.  D Line other than Foreman will all be wet behind the ears.  LB’s on the smaller side and only one CB with much experience returning.  They’re gonna need to score a lot against the good teams.

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, On2whls said:

They have a freshman DB coming in that’s 6’1 175 and he already has an offer to Oregon.  Good running back/OLB coming in too.  I wouldn’t be surprised if both see a lot of varsity action.

I think they’ll be okay offensively other than the rotating QB’s which I’m not a fan of.  The defense however, is not going to be at all like last year.  They lost 6 of their seven best defenders to graduation.  D Line other than Foreman will all be wet behind the ears.  LB’s on the smaller side and only one CB with much experience returning.  They’re gonna need to score a lot against the good teams.

Here's to hoping that Cen10 can outgun MD or SJB this year like they did in 2014 and 2015 and came so close to doing in 2016.

That's the Cen10 Smelly likes. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Here's to hoping that Cen10 can outgun MD or SJB this year like they did in 2014 and 2015 and came so close to doing in 2016.

That's the Cen10 Smelly li

I would love to see that but realistically they’re at least a couple years out from that.  Hopefully the studs they have coming in won’t be TL transfer bait.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, On2whls said:

I would love to see that but realistically they’re at least a couple years out from that.  Hopefully the studs they have coming in won’t be TL transfer bait.

I can tell you this there is a handful of transfers that are reportedly coming in that will make a difference this year including a QB who will compete for the starting job.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SoCalFball said:

I can tell you this there is a handful of transfers that are reportedly coming in that will make a difference this year including a QB who will compete for the starting job.  

Logan is very loyal to 4year in the program guys.  In 2014 Ketteringham who is a much better QB than Catalano had to split time.  In 2015, it was the Catalano show despite having McKee on the bench.  Colt Fulton transferred out knowing there was very little chance he would see playing time as a Junior, other than garbage time reps.  If a QB is coming in having a shot at starting, he would have to be a special talent.  They got a decent LB from Corona but otherwise I’m not aware of any impact guys.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, SoCalFball said:

First day of summer practice starts Monday you might see some new faces are they big names kids with a bunch of offers no but they have a offers and could turn out to be players like Retzlaff last season. 

Unless it’s in San Clemente, ain’t no way I can see.  I hope you’re right.  We need more in D than O though.

You could have travelled to Nepal and consulted with the most sagacious old monk on the highest peak and he wouldn’t have been able to predict Retzlaf’s impact.  The kid deserves a shot at the next level.

• Like 1

Decided to check out the Tuesday night passing tourney at Centennial with Rancho Cucamonga, Ramona, and Valley View.  

Rancho looked very good.  Lots of fast receivers and both QB’s threw the long ball well. 

Regarding Cen10, I’m gonna have to invoke the “ if you haven’t got anything good to say, don’t say anything” clause.   

One bright spot?  Looks like former Corona Charger star Trillian Harris was practicing with the Huskies.

• Like 2

Mater Dei will be without USC-committed quarterback Bryce Young on Saturday as it attempts to defend the title at Edison’s Battle at the Beach 7-on-7 passing tournament.

The senior will miss the tournament, annually one of the highlights of the summer season, because he leaves Friday night for the Elite 11 finals in Frisco, Texas.

The Elite 11 is scheduled to start Saturday at the Ford Center at The Star and features many of the top senior-to-be quarterbacks. The field includes Corona del Mar’s Ethan Garbers, a Washington commit.

Mater Dei, the three-time defending Battle at the Beach champion, has won tournament while not at full-strength. The Monarchs could turn Saturday to junior backup Skye Selinsky as it navigates a pool with Alemany, Narbonne, Norco and St. Paul.

Play starts Saturday at 9 a.m. on several fields at Edison. Admission is free.

The tournament also includes St. John Bosco, Centennial Corona and county teams Edison, Servite, JSerra and La Habra.

St. John Bosco is expected to have senior-to-be quarterback DJ Uiagalelei, a Clemson commit who isn’t on the roster for the Elite 11 finals.

Edison and Servite will clash in a pool-play opener at 9 a.m.

The Battle at the Beach tournament also is running close to The Opening Finals, an elite recruiting combine that starts Monday in Frisco.

La Habra All-County cornerback Clark Phillips III, a recent Ohio State commit headed to The Opening Finals, is not expected to play Saturday at Edison. He also is a standout wide receiver.

Young and Uiagalelei could face off in a Mater Dei-St. John Bosco summer clash on July 13 at the Mission Viejo passing tournament.