Some California news

Ararar

On 6/26/2019 at 7:37 PM, Ararar said:

Mater Dei will be without USC-committed quarterback Bryce Young on Saturday as it attempts to defend the title at Edison’s Battle at the Beach 7-on-7 passing tournament.

The senior will miss the tournament, annually one of the highlights of the summer season, because he leaves Friday night for the Elite 11 finals in Frisco, Texas.

The Elite 11 is scheduled to start Saturday at the Ford Center at The Star and features many of the top senior-to-be quarterbacks. The field includes Corona del Mar’s Ethan Garbers, a Washington commit.

Mater Dei, the three-time defending Battle at the Beach champion, has won tournament while not at full-strength. The Monarchs could turn Saturday to junior backup Skye Selinsky as it navigates a pool with Alemany, Narbonne, Norco and St. Paul.

Play starts Saturday at 9 a.m. on several fields at Edison. Admission is free.

The tournament also includes St. John Bosco, Centennial Corona and county teams Edison, Servite, JSerra and La Habra.

St. John Bosco is expected to have senior-to-be quarterback DJ Uiagalelei, a Clemson commit who isn’t on the roster for the Elite 11 finals.

Edison and Servite will clash in a pool-play opener at 9 a.m.

The Battle at the Beach tournament also is running close to The Opening Finals, an elite recruiting combine that starts Monday in Frisco.

La Habra All-County cornerback Clark Phillips III, a recent Ohio State commit headed to The Opening Finals, is not expected to play Saturday at Edison. He also is a standout wide receiver.

Young and Uiagalelei could face off in a Mater Dei-St. John Bosco summer clash on July 13 at the Mission Viejo passing tournament.

Would be surprised if BY, “Da Magic Man” didn’t win the elite11

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Good for them.

#armsrace

Based on how each of the 5 QB’s looked, at least on that one night, a shakeup is in order.  It is rumored that the two QB rotation is not going to happen.  I cannot confirm that, but as for supporting it👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, On2whls said:

Based on how each of the 5 QB’s looked, at least on that one night, a shakeup is in order.  It is rumored that the two QB rotation is not going to happen.  I cannot confirm that, but as for supporting it👍

i liked the rotation last year...

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, bigrobstercraws said:

I'm not sure. I asked if he was even there. lol

Hmmm, if Retzlaf could come in as a QB, convert very successfully to WR, why couldnt’ Freedland, Harris, and Mikaele, and give em a good QB to chuck it to them ( and the others).  Everybody gets to play, no conflicts....

6 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

Impressive performance by the Trinity League.

Mater Dei 6-0 Champions
Bosco 5-1 finalist
Servite 4-2 semifinalist

J Serra 2-3 lost in the first round of the consolation bracket. On Friday, J Serra frosh won the frosh trophy.

Good to see coach T getting Servite back into the mix.  I can see them winning the league again  in 2-3 years