Some California news

Ararar

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

SDCC is up 35-14 over St. Augustine with 3:33 left.... SDCC’s RB Watson has 4 TD’s...

Tight game at half with Both teams looking good but SDCC just took over in the 2nd Half... They are Big and Physical and remind me of a Southern Section Team...

Even with the loss to Helix, this is one of the most impressive teams I have ever seen from San Diego....

I believe they would give DLS a good game.  Helix played them perfectly.  They allowed Cathedral to run 295 yds rushing and focused on locking down the passing game.  Cathedral throws well between the 20’s but they aren’t a good red zone passing team.  They’ll pound the rock relentlessly in the red zone 

They’ve got some mean Samoan guys and are a lot more nasty this year.  The whole team has more attitude this year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Yeah, Norco defense is pretty porous.  You could see a big difference in overall team speed between them and Cen10.  

Foreman looked pretty good in his first game back from MCL issue suffered against Cathedral.  

Norco offense only good against bad defenses.  Illingsworth looked pretty average for as highly rated as I’ve seen him by some services.

I expected a closer game.

So this actually was Foreman’s 1st game Back... Good for him and Cen 10!!!.... I thought he was out for the year!!...

I saw the same thing as you regarding Norco, I will say the WB was under an insane amount of pressure all night and the Defense was way overmatched...

CC’s offense looked like a finely tuned machine tonight... I just still hate the 2 QB thing but if Logan believes in it I will too...🤣...

I think with Forman Back they will make the Semifinals, They can outscore Both MV And Servite... They may score 70 on JSerra!!...🤣🤣

Really hoping for a CC vs Servite or MV game... It’s hard to believe those Legendary OC programs have never played  “The Real CC” over all these years...🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

CC’s offense looked like a finely tuned machine tonight... I just still hate the 2 QB thing but if Logan believes in it I will too...🤣...

It’s been 3 QB’s ever since the second half of the MD game.  The third QB Retzlaff has the most upside and should be the starter next year.  He makes quicker reads, throws a crisp accurate ball, runs pretty well, and has more of the “it” factor.  I expect the freshman Israel Carter to compete hard for the job though, but I could see a more conventional one Starting QB scenario next year.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, On2whls said:

I believe they would give DLS a good game.  Helix played them perfectly.  They allowed Cathedral to run 295 yds rushing and focused on locking down the passing game.  Cathedral throws well between the 20’s but they aren’t a good red zone passing team.  They’ll pound the rock relentlessly in the red zone 

They’ve got some mean Samoan guys and are a lot more nasty this year.  The whole team has more attitude this year.

I agree!!!... They would be a great Matchup for DLS because they would shorten the game and they are very physical... Dls would have a big speed advantage over then though as that is what can beat them...

Cen10 put up 41 points and had 2 TD’s Called Back I didn’t see the game but have  seen Cen 10 and SDCC mulitiple times, and Cen 10 is much faster...

SDCC is a power running team with a QB that can make plays in the passing game, I think With their style of play they could beat Both Servite and MV in the Southern Section... Those Dudes Can Play!!...🤣🤣

I still believe “The Real CC” is #3 in So Cal... I really like MV and Servite but I believe when all is said and done “The Real CC” will be in the semis against Bosco....

And who knows???... Servite only lost by 1... Does Logan have someone who can make Extra Points??...🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

Wrong section.  Besides, they'll have their hands full with Helix in the SDS Open.

I think SDCC will beat Helix in a Rematch in the playoffs... The San Diego Version of MD and SJB....🤣

I believe after beating Cen10 that they were overconfident against Helix and a great Helix team put it on them...

Just like MD was overconfident last year after that incredible win over IMG.... And SJB dropped the hammer on them...

I agree with you though, it will be a tight one!!... Helix can play, I am pretty sure their RB broke Reggie Bushes school rushing record this year.... They are talented!!!...

On 10/18/2019 at 11:20 PM, THEOC89 said:

I think SDCC will beat Helix in a Rematch in the playoffs... The San Diego Version of MD and SJB....🤣

I believe after beating Cen10 that they were overconfident against Helix and a great Helix team put it on them...

Just like MD was overconfident last year after that incredible win over IMG.... And SJB dropped the hammer on them...

I agree with you though, it will be a tight one!!... Helix can play, I am pretty sure their RB broke Reggie Bushes school rushing record this year.... They are talented!!!...

Kenan Christon of Madison High SD had a breakout game for USC. The Freshman former Cal State Champion in the 100 and 200 had TD runs of 55 and 30 yards in the Trojan's 41-14 rout of Arizona. 

• Like 4

On 10/18/2019 at 4:08 PM, dntn31 said:

I took a stab at a Week 10 projection:

Capture2.PNG.b75862793273a34a741e5bbbf7c23b55.PNG

Don't look now, but Servite is now ranked #4 ahead of #6 Mission Viejo in both CalPreps and MaxPreps. (J Serra #5). If the CIF SS D1/2 poll were to see the same thing, Servite could get that #4 seed, and get a home game...a rematch with J Serra in Mater Dei's half of the brackets. 😯

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Slotback Right said:

Don't look now, but Servite is now ranked #4 ahead of #6 Mission Viejo in both CalPreps and MaxPreps. (J Serra #5). If the CIF SS D1/2 poll were to see the same thing, Servite could get that #4 seed, and get a home game...a rematch with J Serra in Mater Dei's half of the brackets. 😯

MV still has a game with fairly highly rated San Clemente.   That win should push them back to number 4.  

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Exocet 98 said:

Kenan Christon of Madison High SD had a breakout game for USC. The Freshman former Cal State Champion in the 100 and 200 had TD runs of 55 and 30 yards in the Trojan's 41-14 rout of Arizona. 

That dude has some insane speed! Looked like Reggie

2 hours ago, dntn31 said:

You're projecting MD to lose?

I’d say MD has been the more impressive team so far this season. If form holds then MD wins. But I also think that Bosco has not played their best football yet. As an MD fan that worries me. I expect nothing less than a great game. Both teams are so talented it may come down to the old cliches.... special teams, turnovers, penalties, breaks.

4 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

I’d say MD has been the more impressive team so far this season. If form holds then MD wins. But I also think that Bosco has not played their best football yet. As an MD fan that worries me. I expect nothing less than a great game. Both teams are so talented it may come down to the old cliches.... special teams, turnovers, penalties, breaks.

I think this game is as good as MD vs IMG last year and will look like the D1 Title game they played...

I expect a 24-21 type of MD win, I think the MD Defense and BY will be the difference...

Plus, I think MD is Bitter about losing the league title last year... Even Bru McCoy said after the SJB Game something to the effect that after the IMG game, MD was cocky and thought they couldn’t be beat.... And SJB dropped the hammer or them....

That won’t happen this year....  What ever games they play this year will be very close!!!...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

🤷‍♂️ I don’t know...Bosco looks really good...DJ could go off

MD is better point blank period. Will they play like the better team? We'll find out Friday. I’ve said it all year long, Bosco is the only team that can beat them. Bosco is suspect in the secondary, I like Vaughns but other than that I’m not sold. Especially with k Williams going up in the box. Bosco can win, MD should win. This game matters but only a little bit. December is the big one. October just the appetizer. 

• Haha 1