Some California news

Ararar

2 hours ago, bigrobstercraws said:

LOL

It's CIF in So Cal. Just like soda is "coke." 

ie What sort of coke do you want?

I'll have a Mountain Dew.

You don't see us So Cal guys ripping on you for hella this and hella that, do you?

Although the use of "hella" is overblown (not as commonly used as you claim), at least when it is used, both the people using it and the person hearing it knows what is being said.

People in SoCal, even after the correct meaning of CIF is explained to them, are still confused.

Only an idiot would ask for a Coke when they mean Mountain Dew.  Thanks for explaining who you are.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Cal 14 said:

Although the use of "hella" is overblown (not as commonly used as you claim), at least when it is used, both the people using it and the person hearing it knows what is being said.

People in SoCal, even after the correct meaning of CIF is explained to them, are still confused.

Only an idiot would ask for a Coke when they mean Mountain Dew.  Thanks for explaining who you are.

LMAO

We know what it means. I do enjoy how much of a control-freak you are to the point when people use decades-old colloquialisms, it triggers your rage. 

Thanks for demonstrating what a tiny person you truly are. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

Would love to see Bosco vs MV in the semis...Chad and Jason’s post game handshake should be fun

I would like that too for the back story. But we don't want Cen10 again!   I don't care how the last 2 games against them went down.  They are dangerous!  I'd much rather play Mission, no disrespect to them, and let Bosco deal with Cen10 this year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bodysurf said:

I would like that too for the back story. But we don't want Cen10 again!   I don't care how the last 2 games against them went down.  They are dangerous!  I'd much rather play Mission, no disrespect to them, and let Bosco deal with Cen10 this year.

Chances of Cen10 or MV getting past MD or SJB are at best 5%.  Neither is a guarantee with their first round opponents as well.  

9 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Cen10 will draw Servite in Round one.  That is no gimme for them either

To me it doesn’t matter who between JSerra and Servite they draw.  They’ll be significantly undersized relative to both and each represents a different sort of challenge.  Because Servite has a more balanced attack and overall team speed, they are better preparation for the next round, and probably the tougher challenge.  

I don’t think Cen10 will take either for granted, and it’s unlikely they roll either team.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, SoCalFball said:

They won’t draw Servite. Cen10 will be the 3rd seed and draw Jserra the 6th seed. 

I disagree because MD will get the 1 seed pushing Trinity #3 Servite and #2 SJB into the other bracket.   The CIF will move Cen10 to the #4 seed behind MV.  Creating an Orange County semi.

The CIF will make SJB play Cen10 in the semi's as punishment for not being the #1 seed.  It is always like this.

1. MD                                        2. SJB

8.                                               7. 

5. JSerra                                 6.  Servite

4. MV                                      3. Cen10

4 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I disagree because MD will get the 1 seed pushing Trinity #3 Servite and #2 SJB into the other bracket.   The CIF will move Cen10 to the #4 seed behind MV.  Creating an Orange County semi.

The CIF will make SJB play Cen10 in the semi's as punishment for not being the #1 seed.  It is always like this.

1. MD                                        2. SJB

8.                                               7. 

6. JSerra                                 5.  Servite

3. MV                                      4. Cen10

That's not how it works any more. The CIFSS already stated they will go strictly by the points seeding for D1 and will not "massage" the bracket to put teams from the same league into different sides of the bracket. Try to keep up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

That's not how it works any more. The CIFSS already stated they will go strictly by the points seeding for D1 and will not "massage" the bracket to put teams from the same league into different sides of the bracket. Try to keep up.

LOL.  OK hotshot. 

I guess we will have to see what happens then.

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Can anyone confirm that Serra lost its QB to injury last week? Thx. 

Serra San Mateo Did Lose their QB to a Broken Collar Bone and he is out for the season...

They will be starting a Sophmore for the Big Game against Valley Christian... They are Currently the #3 and #4 teams in Nor Cal Right now....

I assume that is the Serra you are Talking about, if it is Serra Gardenia then I don’t know...🤣🤣

Just now, THEOC89 said:

Serra San Mateo Did Lose their QB to a Broken Collar Bone and he is out for the season...

They will be starting a Sophmore for the Big Game against Valley Christian... They are Currently the #3 and #4 teams in Nor Cal Right now....

I assume that is the Serra you are Talking about, if it is Serra Gardenia then I don’t know...🤣🤣

Noooooo.  Now everybody is going to change their picks in the pickem!!!  I need every point I can get. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, On2whls said:

To me it doesn’t matter who between JSerra and Servite they draw.  They’ll be significantly undersized relative to both and each represents a different sort of challenge.  Because Servite has a more balanced attack and overall team speed, they are better preparation for the next round, and probably the tougher challenge.  

I don’t think Cen10 will take either for granted, and it’s unlikely they roll either team.

I have Cen10 35-21 over JSerra.... Not at all impressed with JSerra other then their Size....

Servite exposed them to be a slow team and we have all seen that they have no real QB play right now....

JSerra won’t make it out of the first round, they were actually a much better team last year then they are this year....

• Like 1