Some California news

Ararar

2 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

All we have at this point is hearsay which is originating from the school who stands to gain from said hearsay. I suppose you should feel free to attempt justifying being wrong about who Servite was going to play, if it makes you feel any better. We all have to do what we can to cope.

Thx.  I do feel somewhat vindicated.  We can move on now

Embedded video

Will be at the Murrieta Valley vs Rancho game. It sad to see that Sierra Canyon (9-1) did not make the cut for the Open Division. Would love to see them in the open over JSerra. Catholic. Attended 3 JSerra games St Joseph Regional, Milton GA and Bishop Amat. I believe Sierra Canyon have better coaching staff.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pde769 said:

It sad to see that Sierra Canyon (9-1) did not make the cut for the Open Division. Would love to see them in the open over JSerra. Catholic. Attended 3 JSerra games St Joseph Regional, Milton GA and Bishop Amat. I believe Sierra Canyon have better coaching staff.

The problem boils down to SOS. Sierra Canyon's loss to Oaks Christian is a bad loss and Sierra Canyon only has one quality win (Grace Brethren - D3) and no wins over other D1/D2 teams. Oaks dropped off significantly this year going 5-5 and losing to Calabasas (a team JSerra beat). On the other hand, JSerra has quality wins over: East (UT),  Milton (GA), Bishop Amat (D1/2), Calabasas (D1/2), OLU (D1/2) and Santa Margarita (D1/2 - not sure how much of a "quality" win really is...) and only lost to teams ranked ahead up them in D1 (MD/SJB/Servite) and to an OOS opponent (St. Joseph Regional, NJ).

I actually think it would be interesting to see how Sierra Canyon fares in D1, but I think they are likely similar in strength to Bishop Amat and Calabasas (two teams JSerra beat).

• Like 3

18 hours ago, dntn31 said:

The problem boils down to SOS. Sierra Canyon's loss to Oaks Christian is a bad loss and Sierra Canyon only has one quality win (Grace Brethren - D3) and no wins over other D1/D2 teams. Oaks dropped off significantly this year going 5-5 and losing to Calabasas (a team JSerra beat). On the other hand, JSerra has quality wins over: East (UT),  Milton (GA), Bishop Amat (D1/2), Calabasas (D1/2), OLU (D1/2) and Santa Margarita (D1/2 - not sure how much of a "quality" win really is...) and only lost to teams ranked ahead up them in D1 (MD/SJB/Servite) and to an OOS opponent (St. Joseph Regional, NJ).

I actually think it would be interesting to see how Sierra Canyon fares in D1, but I think they are likely similar in strength to Bishop Amat and Calabasas (two teams JSerra beat).

What's up with Sierra Canyon narrowly beating Paraclete?  

2 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

So the open division playoffs don't start till next week?  Is it a bye week for all of the open teams?

yes. There are 8 teams in the open division. Other divisions with 16 teams have the first round this week while the open division has a bye week. the finals for all divisions are on the same weekend.

• Thanks 1

Interesting Article on Cal Hi Sports Projecting The Regional Bowl Matchup's....

https://www.calhisports.com/2019/11/07/cif-norcal-socal-bowl-projections/

I like how they have CDM (SSD3 Winner) Playing Helix (SD Open Winner) for the D1AA Game.... They think a 14-0 Sea Kings Team will be picked over Sierra Canyon for this...

CDM vs Folsom in D 1AA would be a Great Matchup... The Sea Kings would hang 100 on Folsom's awful defense.... They might also give up 100 to Folsom as well!... So I think this would be a Fun game to see!!... :) 

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

I like how they have CDM (SSD3 Winner) Playing Helix (SD Open Winner) for the D1AA Game.... They think a 14-0 Sea Kings Team will be picked over Sierra Canyon for this...

CDM vs Folsom in D 1AA would be a Great Matchup... The Sea Kings would hang 100 on Folsom's awful defense.... They might also give up 100 to Folsom as well!... So I think this would be a Fun game to see!!... :) 

1. You stole this article link from the NorCal board (how orignal)

2. Folsom will be 8-0 against SoCal after this year's SBG. The San Diego teams are weak, despite smoking Cen10. Sending other team to the Dawgs will be another disaster for SoCal.

#1 Public in CA :)

4 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

Almost 500 yards of total offense per game

CDM has punted 4 times this year

I would love to see this matchup! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, frankyjames said:

1. You stole this article link from the NorCal board (how orignal)

2. Folsom will be 8-0 against SoCal after this year's SBG. The San Diego teams are weak, despite smoking Cen10. Sending other team to the Dawgs will be another disaster for SoCal.

#1 Public in CA :)

Cent10 #1 in Ca. They’d beat the dog piss out of Folsom.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1