Some California news

Ararar

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

#1 running back in the nation Raleek Brown to Mater Dei. Brown, Yetts, & Craig will all get touches this year. Deepest backfield in the country

I expect Craig to be used more as a slot back next season. I would like to see him in the defensive backfield more also. Craig was also their best defensive special teams player.  Yetts emerged as the #1 back by the end of the season but Craig looked solid in the slot when Zamora was lost to injury.

30 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

I expect Craig to be used more as a slot back next season. I would like to see him in the defensive backfield more also. Craig was also their best defensive special teams player.  Yetts emerged as the #1 back by the end of the season but Craig looked solid in the slot when Zamora was lost to injury.

Craig will be an ATH for sure. He looked really good at DB and really good in the slot. WR group is loaded again next year, getting Zamora back will be big. RB looks just as deep now 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ararar said:

eric sondheimer

@latsondheimer

·

1h

Six SO Notre Dame football players have checked out. Don’t think there’s anything wrong with school or football program. Good luck to the players. But I’d place my trust in Joe McNab.

The only problem with SO Notre Dame is it is not Sierra Canyon.... So I guess Sierra Canyon is about to get 6 Transfers....🤣

4 minutes ago, SoCalFball said:

Cen10:

SFA or Folsom?

SFA for 1000 please Alex they are a much better program and finished number 4 in the composite rankings 

Once Again, National Level Teams want to make a name for themselves and they Travel To Cali to Play the #1 Public Cen10.....

Smart Move for Cen10 to schedule this game, they need to get prepared for SJB and MD you need games like this to get you ready!!!...

• Like 6

On 1/13/2020 at 5:04 PM, Bodysurf said:

Josiah Zamora was injured? Where'd you hear this from?

I thought he lost his WR spot to players such as Christian Dixon, CJ Williams, Kyron Ware-Hudson, and Kody Epps?

On 1/13/2020 at 5:39 PM, HurricaneNick said:

Craig will be an ATH for sure. He looked really good at DB and really good in the slot. WR group is loaded again next year, getting Zamora back will be big. RB looks just as deep now 

Biggest reason why MD lost to Bosco in the section finals is because their DB core FAILED to contain Bosco's Krid Hutson and Logan Loya.

That's what happens when you start an inexperienced sophomore CB in Domani Jackson to guard the senior Logan Loya. I also think "resting" Jaylin Davies was a mistake instead of using him for the Mission Viejo game. By the team he comes back for the Bosco game, his skills are all sluggish and gets burn in routes by Kris Hutson.

Seriously, if Elias Ricks and Darion Warren-Green were still at Mater Dei, they'd hold off 2 of Bosco's best recievers and get the win for Coach Rollison.

3 hours ago, Emblematic said:

Biggest reason why MD lost to Bosco in the section finals is because their DB core FAILED to contain Bosco's Krid Hutson and Logan Loya.

That's what happens when you start an inexperienced sophomore CB in Domani Jackson to guard the senior Logan Loya. I also think "resting" Jaylin Davies was a mistake instead of using him for the Mission Viejo game. By the team he comes back for the Bosco game, his skills are all sluggish and gets burn in routes by Kris Hutson.

Seriously, if Elias Ricks and Darion Warren-Green were still at Mater Dei, they'd hold off 2 of Bosco's best recievers and get the win for Coach Rollison.

Domani played a decent amount as a freshman and had some big matchups like Rakim Jarrett early on this year, he was ready to play. He plays aggressive and sometimes it costs him, but most of the time he can make up for it with his athleticism. He's 6'2 and clocked a 4.5 laser at the nike camp at 15 years old, he's too good of an athlete and talent to not have on the field. Jaylin got hurt in the first Bosco game and tried to give it a go for the finals but he wasn't 100%. Losing Elias & Darion was a blow, but Jaylin & Domani will be a better duo in my opinion. We lost because we played our worst quarter of football against a really good team.

There’s going to be some interesting conversations in Palm Springs this weekend when the Southern Section Executive Committee meets.

No. 1 on the agenda is discussing a proposal to revise the way teams are placed in football playoff divisions. Currently teams are assigned before the season based on recent performances. The Southern Section proposal would rank all teams based on their 2020 performance at the end of the season. Thus no one would know what division they are in until after the final regular season game.

It would require a huge cultural change by everyone involved, and that’s going to be up to the Southern Section Council made up of league members to decide. The first reading of the proposal will be later this month.

Commissioner Rob Wigod said his office has finally done what many wanted to happen — be able to use current records to rank teams. That means schools that lose 35 seniors won’t be stuck in a higher division based on the previous year’s record and teams that bring in transfers and suddenly become good won’t be in lower divisions based on the previous season’s performance.

“We’ve done our job,” Wigod said. “Now it’s up to the Council.”

There’s some good news that will be discussed. Wigod reports the playoff revenue in football this past fall was significantly up. In 2018, the Southern Section saw 23,000 fewer tickets sold and a revenue drop of $115,073.90.

“I’m encouraged people came out to watch games,” Wigod said.

The proposal for playoff divisions will receive a first reading at the next Council Meeting of league officials later this month.

ADVERTISEMENT

The Executive Committee also has to decide whether to recommend the Southern Section vote to approve state championships in baseball and soccer that are proposed to begin in 2021.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Emblematic said:

Josiah Zamora was injured? Where'd you hear this from?

I thought he lost his WR spot to players such as Christian Dixon, CJ Williams, Kyron Ware-Hudson, and Kody Epps?

I didn’t hear it from anybody. He broke a bone in his leg and missed the second half of the season. He was in a cast and crutches on the sideline. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Emblematic said:

Ricks and DGW both started at CB for MD as "inexperienced sophomores" on the great high school football team of all time...in fact Nate White started at FS that year so the team has 3 "inexperienced sophomores" starting DB's...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dntn31 said:

Attached is the new CIFSS football playoff proposal for 2020 which will be voted on soon. It shows what the 2019 playoff brackets would have looked if the proposed system was in place last year.

2019 D1 and D2 brackets using proposed system:

Capture.PNG.94870888d9c90827b2412e5c7772b73c.PNG

Capture2PNG.PNG

Football Proposal.pdf 8.17 MB · 1 download

In Corona Del Mar’s case, this proposed format applied last year, would have sucked.  They certainly have a good program, but this past year they had the type of team that only happens every so often given the number of key players that were experienced seniors.  They deserved a shot at a title in the appropriate division, which they earned.  Had they been thrown to the lions, it would have been penalizing them for having one really good year.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1