Some California news

Ararar

4 hours ago, On2whls said:

In Corona Del Mar’s case, this proposed format applied last year, would have sucked.  They certainly have a good program, but this past year they had the type of team that only happens every so often given the number of key players that were experienced seniors.  They deserved a shot at a title in the appropriate division, which they earned.  Had they been thrown to the lions, it would have been penalizing them for having one really good year.

The difference in the divisions was very apparent after watching their finals against Serra. That was a great game and well executed but it looked like a slow motion affair when compared to the DLS SJB game. The difference in speed and hitting was very noticable.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Texasball said:

My understanding that J Serra QB - General Booty is transferring to Allen Texas

He played terrible this season. It was painful to watch. I actually felt sorry for the kid. Unless Booty gets an awful lot better I wouldn’t be too excited about this. I’m surprised Allen doesn’t already have somebody better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gospeeder said:

That is a bit suprising to me as Booty was the biggest weak link in J Serra's offense... perhaps the key reason they did not meet expectations this past season.

No kidding!!!... If this is true that is 4 High Schools in 4 years for him.... He was beat out by Garners at CDM, Some Private school in TX and JSerra last year where he was handed the Starting Job and was terrible and couldn’t even hit wide open receivers....

Allen must either have never seen film on him or be totally desperate.... 

Sometimes parents have to realize the “Dream” of College Scholarship is not there because the talent is just not there and just encourage the kid have a good HS experience....

All this kid is learning is when the going gets tough, just pack up your bags and leave....

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Some dude named Mckenzie for starters

Mckenzie re located to Nor Cal because his Dad was GM of the Raiders.... He went to Cathlioc School out there, he wanted to come to DLS, he was not Recruited.... As a matter of fact, even with all his talent, he was told take a hike when he put himself above the team...

Montana's Kids were the other high profile transfers that went to DLS, and when Dad was not ok with the playing time his son was receiving because he was splitting time with a kid who had been there since his FR year, DLS said don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out....

These Transfers have not worked out for DLS, because playing football for DLS is more then just wins and losses and Scholarships... MD and SJB can take in the Senior transfers, have kids go back to their public schools and graduate early in the name of winning games and building a national brand and competing for MNC's...

That is not what football is about at DLS and it will never be that way....

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Mckenzie re located to Nor Cal because his Dad was GM of the Raiders.... He went to Cathlioc School out there, he wanted to come to DLS, he was not Recruited.... As a matter of fact, even with all his talent, he was told take a hike when he put himself above the team...

Montana's Kids were the other high profile transfers that went to DLS, and when Dad was not ok with the playing time his son was receiving because he was splitting time with a kid who had been there since his FR year, DLS said don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out....

These Transfers have not worked out for DLS, because playing football for DLS is more then just wins and losses and Scholarships... MD and SJB can take in the Senior transfers, have kids go back to their public schools and graduate early in the name of winning games and building a national brand and competing for MNC's...

That is not what football is about at DLS and it will never be that way....

Thanks for acknowledging DLS takes transfers

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

He played terrible this season. It was painful to watch. I actually felt sorry for the kid. Unless Booty gets an awful lot better I wouldn’t be too excited about this. I’m surprised Allen doesn’t already have somebody better.

Don’t count me excited about it...I am sure this is all about his dad and nothing to do with Allen or the kid.

Just reporting what I heard.

• Like 2