Ararar

Some California news

2 hours ago, Pops said:

@aarar

Can we get a non resident primer on Sierra canyon

how are they apparently successfully positioning themselves as the best team to challenge SJB/ MD socal supremacy over CC, MV, Narbonne, and rest of Trinity 

Bodysurf covered it well.They are the new “in” school and their location right on the 118 fwy is ideal for kids coming from Ventura County or Pasadena or Palmdale or anywhere basically 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, daddyooo said:

Pretty accurate.  It's also a much smaller school than either SJB or Mater Dei.

The schools that should be filling that niche in the LA area (Loyola HS and Notre Dame) don't seem to be willing to go that route.  Another sleeper is Damien - done right could suck up a lot of the kids that take the express van to MD and SJB.

If St Bonaventure wanted to get back in the game they could do so relatively quickly.  Current administration deemphasized football from where they were 10 years ago.  Now on 3rd coach since Mack got pushed out.

Loyola seems like it has had zero identity since Grady left. NDSO always seemed to be a great lower level (D III?)) type program, but since they moved up they get maybe one W in the playoffs and are done. How much longer does Rooney have there?    

14 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Loyola seems like it has had zero identity since Grady left. NDSO always seemed to be a great lower level (D III?)) type program, but since they moved up they get maybe one W in the playoffs and are done. How much longer does Rooney have there?    

Rooney retired two months ago.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Sierra Canyon gonna be the next year's version of this year's JSerra? 

Nobody believes they are on SJB/MD level.They just have the potential to get there right now 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Sierra Canyon gonna be the next year's version of this year's JSerra? 

I don't thing they are Jserra like but definitely trending up. Last couple of years they have played D1 teams teams and are around .500 vs them. IMO they are in that next tier after Cen10 and Mission Viejo. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ararar said:

ideal for kids coming from Ventura County or Pasadena or Palmdale or anywhere basically 

So, by this statement, you are actively encouraging out of area transfers.

Cool. got it. 

13 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

Rooney retired two months ago.

Well then there’s that 😂. Who is his replacement?

35 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Well then there’s that 😂. Who is his replacement?

Joe McNab who’s been Rooney’s assistant coach for 39 years 

8 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

#1 running back in the nation Raleek Brown to Mater Dei. Brown, Yetts, & Craig will all get touches this year. Deepest backfield in the country

Really shocked that Coach Negro let this go.

BGW

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

#1 running back in the nation Raleek Brown to Mater Dei. Brown, Yetts, & Craig will all get touches this year. Deepest backfield in the country

One of those guys will end up at Servite 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

I expect Craig to be used more as a slot back next season. I would like to see him in the defensive backfield more also. Craig was also their best defensive special teams player.  Yetts emerged as the #1 back by the end of the season but Craig looked solid in the slot when Zamora was lost to injury.

30 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

I expect Craig to be used more as a slot back next season. I would like to see him in the defensive backfield more also. Craig was also their best defensive special teams player.  Yetts emerged as the #1 back by the end of the season but Craig looked solid in the slot when Zamora was lost to injury.

Craig will be an ATH for sure. He looked really good at DB and really good in the slot. WR group is loaded again next year, getting Zamora back will be big. RB looks just as deep now 

• Like 1

eric sondheimer

@latsondheimer

·

1h

Six SO Notre Dame football players have checked out. Don’t think there’s anything wrong with school or football program. Good luck to the players. But I’d place my trust in Joe McNab.

34 minutes ago, Ararar said:

eric sondheimer

@latsondheimer

·

1h

Six SO Notre Dame football players have checked out. Don’t think there’s anything wrong with school or football program. Good luck to the players. But I’d place my trust in Joe McNab.

The only problem with SO Notre Dame is it is not Sierra Canyon.... So I guess Sierra Canyon is about to get 6 Transfers....🤣

On 1/13/2020 at 3:47 PM, HurricaneNick said:

FROM NORCAL!!!!!!!!!  

• Thanks 1