Some California news

Ararar

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

I wouldn't at all be surprised... SJB played a close one to JSerra 2 years ago and almost lost to Servite last year... And Both those games were with the #1 QB in the country...

You are missing the point.   

JSerra two years ago and Servite last year were both much better than the other OOS teams that SJB played 

On 2/10/2020 at 12:51 AM, ATLien12x said:

SJB has no business playing Deerfield Beach and East St Louis. This is their weakest non league schedule in years. Hopefully their open will be against IMG, SFA, and another elite team. 

Playing a Florida public that’s never won a state championship and and a lower class Illinois public is strange. Expect a lot more from a defending national champion that recruits talent rich SoCal heavily.

That’s Georgia type scheduling right there :) 

These teams only wanna schedule tough when their best generation comes through.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

You are missing the point.   

JSerra two years ago and Servite last year were both much better than the other OOS teams that SJB played 

Not even close.... SJB just took those games lightly because Negro is all about the Press and SJB falls In Luv with themselves....  MD did that after beating IMG in 2018 and lost to SJB, so they learned....

SJB doesn’t have the #1 QB in the country anymore and they will be starting a Sophmore or a Junior with no big game experience.... They are looking at a 3-4 loss season without some easy outs on their schedule.... 

Which is why Negro is declining To play SFA on SJB’s home field....

5 hours ago, 954gator said:

Man MNW has not proven they can handle big OOS matchups.  Too undisciplined.   Frustrating.  

Hope they prove me wrong.

I'll ask you the same question I asked someone else. Are you basing this off ONE game last year vs Lowndes? Prior to that game MNW has not played an OOS game in almost 10 years. Unless you want to count IMG. Hell MC hasn't fared well as of late either. They are undisciplined too. But MC has tested the OOS waters more frequently. Help me understand?

47 minutes ago, MC Rockets said:

I'll ask you the same question I asked someone else. Are you basing this off ONE game last year vs Lowndes? Prior to that game MNW has not played an OOS game in almost 10 years. Unless you want to count IMG. Hell MC hasn't fared well as of late either. They are undisciplined too. But MC has tested the OOS waters more frequently. Help me understand?

Chandler.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

Not even close.... SJB just took those games lightly because Negro is all about the Press and SJB falls In Luv with themselves....  MD did that after beating IMG in 2018 and lost to SJB, so they learned....

SJB doesn’t have the #1 QB in the country anymore and they will be starting a Sophmore or a Junior with no big game experience.... They are looking at a 3-4 loss season without some easy outs on their schedule.... 

Which is why Negro is declining To play SFA on SJB’s home field....

That’s ok, we got SJB’ back! Bring it SFA...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MC Rockets said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.miamiherald.com/sports/high-school/prep-miami-dade/article191522469.html

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Except, of course, when they went into Texas and took down SLC....how do you explain that? 

Special team for sure.    Recent games have not gone well. It’s one thing to lose, but They have seemed lost and not very prepared for their last two big OOS games.     Teams used to duck teams like MNW.  Now a team that is being careful with their schedule is playing them.   What does that tell you?   I hope MNW kicks their ass,  but.... I have my doubts.    They have the talent year in year out.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

The top recruiter at Oregon and leader of the Cali flock is now at SC. This will be huge for the trojans in the long run. 

https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Article/Oregon-Ducks-football-Donte-Williams-USC-Trojans-recruiting-143627541/

SC should go after Todd Bates (Clemson DL coach). Trojans need those big boys from the EAST COAST.

• Like 2

North Gwinnett baseball (ranked 20th nationally) is playing Mater Dei, St John Bosco, and Valley Christian later this month in California. North Gwinnett is an annual top 3-4 team in Georgia that just can’t get over the hump (Parkview runs GA baseball)

They’re talented though (A Stanford, 2 UGA kids, and Georgia Tech commit in the lineup) I know those aren’t y’alls best baseball teams but it’s Georgia vs Cali and the programs are well known. Should be fun to see the results. 

Parkview beat JSerra last year in Hoover, Alabama

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

North Gwinnett baseball (ranked 20th nationally) is playing Mater Dei, St John Bosco, and Valley Christian later this month in California. North Gwinnett is an annual top 3-4 team in Georgia that just can’t get over the hump (Parkview runs GA baseball)

They’re talented though (A Stanford, 2 UGA kids, and Georgia Tech commit in the lineup) I know those aren’t y’alls best baseball teams but it’s Georgia vs Cali and the programs are well known. Should be fun to see the results. 

Parkview beat JSerra last year in Hoover, Alabama

Valley Christian is way down this year. Usually top 10 or top 5 in Cali. My sons alma mater. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Valley Christian is way down this year. Usually top 10 or top 5 in Cali. My sons alma mater. 

I know they still have a Couple of Stanford Commits at VC but I think their big loss was pitching! They had some Dudes the  last couple of years!!!....

It is too bad that VC and DLS didn't figure out a way to play each other the last couple of years... Easily the 2 Top Nor Cal Baseball programs with VC winning 3 Straight CCS Open Titles and dominating the top league in Nor Cal... And DLS with like 5 Straight NCS titles since getting knocked off by that great College Park Team with 8 D1 Players from Pleasant Hill!!!... :) 

• Like 1