Some California news

Ararar

Concord De La Salle's 2020 schedule:

Aug. 29: at North Shore (Houston)
Sept. 4: vs. Elk Grove
Sept. 11: at Saint Francis (Mountain View)
Sept. 18: vs. Cathedral Catholic (San Diego)
Sept. 25: vs. St. Mary's (Stockton)
Oct. 9: vs. Folsom
Oct. 16: at California (San Ramon)
Oct. 23: vs. San Ramon Valley (Danville)
Oct. 30: vs. Amador Valley (Pleasanton)
Nov. 6: at Clayton Valley Charter (Concord)

• Thanks 1

On 2/14/2020 at 5:26 PM, THEOC89 said:

I know they still have a Couple of Stanford Commits at VC but I think their big loss was pitching! They had some Dudes the  last couple of years!!!....

It is too bad that VC and DLS didn't figure out a way to play each other the last couple of years... Easily the 2 Top Nor Cal Baseball programs with VC winning 3 Straight CCS Open Titles and dominating the top league in Nor Cal... And DLS with like 5 Straight NCS titles since getting knocked off by that great College Park Team with 8 D1 Players from Pleasant Hill!!!... :) 

That would have been awesome to play them.  My sons senior year they ended ranked #1 in Cali and I think 3 or 4 in the nation.  Class of 2018. He played with a few of his teammates since t-ball and the rest since age 8 through travel ball.  That team was stacked and all knew each other or of each other since age 8 or 0.  The pitching lost to graduation will hurt some, but they had some studs on the JV that would start for most varsity teams, just waiting their turn.  Should be a decent year for them.

• Like 2

There are only a handful of teams that can be competitive with SJB....and there isn`t any team from the Midwest on that list. On paper, ESL has the size and speed to match-up fairly well but they don`t have the depth or discipline that SJB has. I`m sure that SJB is simply re-loading...although replacing their QB will be a challenge.....I wish that the game was at ESL.......49--14 seems like a fair score

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SoCalFball said:

Sounds like two WR including Seven McGee have left Cen10 to Santa Margarita. The move doesn’t make much sense considering SM hired a coach who runs the navy option style offense. Trinity league money strikes again. 

How many schools is McGee going to attend in HS 🤦🏽‍♂️

1 hour ago, SoCalFball said:

Sounds like two WR including Seven McGee have left Cen10 to Santa Margarita. The move doesn’t make much sense considering SM hired a coach who runs the navy option style offense. Trinity league money strikes again. 

Are you guys reposting from OC boards or have you heard this news ... It doesn't make sense, except that starting QB Colt Fulton transferred from Centennial last year - so you  have to figure there's the connection. But why would WRs leaving CC for the uncertainty of Santa Margarita offense. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, covercorner said:

Are you guys reposting from OC boards or have you heard this news ... It doesn't make sense, except that starting QB Colt Fulton transferred from Centennial last year - so you  have to figure there's the connection. But why would WRs leaving CC for the uncertainty of Santa Margarita offense. 

I’ve heard the news from a direct source at the school. I’m not sure if the other message board you are referring too. Either way it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. 

6 hours ago, Kalven said:

How good Will Cen10 be next season considering all the transfers? They have MD and SFA on deck. 

Should be like last year.  They’ll be better than any other local teams except MD and SJB.  The overhyped transfer in- transfer out (without ever playing) guys, wouldn’t have been enough to unseat those teams anyway.  

10 hours ago, On2whls said:

Should be like last year.  They’ll be better than any other local teams except MD and SJB.  The overhyped transfer in- transfer out (without ever playing) guys, wouldn’t have been enough to unseat those teams anyway.  

And that’s the reason why if this trend continues there has to be a public private split in the coming years 

• Like 2

Manuel Douglas is going from the City Section to the Southern Section. He has been named football coach at Playa del Rey St. Bernard.

Douglas guided Narbonne to eight City Section championships until his resignation earlier this week after a nine-month dispute with the Los Angeles Unified School District that resulted in him being assigned to his home all last season while being prevented from coaching the Gauchos.

It had been rumored for weeks that he’d take over at St. Bernard, and the clear signs were that several top players had transferred to the South Bay campus in anticipation of the announcement that was finally made on Friday.

St. Bernard went 4-6 this past season while competing in Division 13. If Southern Section schools approve a new playoff format next month _ as expected _ the Vikings would be placed in a division based on their 2020 performance. And considering the quality of the transfers arriving, they definitely won’t be Division 13.

• Thanks 1