Some California news

Ararar

On 2/27/2020 at 11:23 AM, GardenStateBaller said:

Signed, sealed and delivered!!! #PGL

East St Louis IL at SJB on 9/11/20!!!

Anyone here ever been to East St. Louis?

I drove through on afternoon on the way to the St. Louis airport. 

7 of the first 10 houses I saw either had their windows broken or the roof was caving in.  I saw all of 3 people on the street walking, one of which was a stumbling drunk in a parking lot.  I didn't see any chain businesses... no fast food or grocery stores that I recognized.

A colleague of mine worked at a customer site there once.  She said that she told them she was going out to lunch. 

"You're going where?  Ok, but once you get your food, come right back here to eat it."

40 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

7 of the first 10 houses I saw either had their windows broken or the roof was caving in.  I saw all of 3 people on the street walking, one of which was a stumbling drunk in a parking lot.  I didn't see any chain businesses... no fast food or grocery stores that I recognized.

A colleague of mine worked at a customer site there once.  She said that she told them she was going out to lunch. 

"You're going where?  Ok, but once you get your food, come right back here to eat it."

Thanks for the totally meaningless yet pointless story.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

With its 2020 schedule being the softest of late, look for MD to roll next season. However, without having any substantial OOS wins vs elites like IMG and SFA like in the past, their MNC hopes could be stifled. 

Brotha we get the national champs at home during the regular season & in the final! 2 Bosco W's, and a DLS W = 3rd National championship in 4 years 😉 Throw in a win against St Louis (can you confirm the match up) & it looks pretty good. Oh and Cen10. That's 5 top 25 wins at least  if they can get it done. MaxPreps gave the 2018 MNC to North Shore with a charmin soft schedule! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cal 14 said:

22 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Thanks for the totally meaningless yet pointless story.

Ha Ha Ha! You really have some really tiny balls to troll a totally meaningless yet pointless story, must be a slow day. Dude just go outside and kick a puppy or slap a random baby🤪

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Brotha we get the national champs at home during the regular season & in the final! 2 Bosco W's, and a DLS W = 3rd National championship in 4 years 😉 Throw in a win against St Louis (can you confirm the match up) & it looks pretty good. Oh and Cen10. That's 5 top 25 wins at least  if they can get it done. MaxPreps gave the 2018 MNC to North Shore with a charmin soft schedule! 

You know anything about Sierra Canyon on the schedule? Heard that rumor wasn’t sure if it was true 

5 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

And yes, they will get it done.  Raleek is the best RB MD has ever had - let that sink in - and Marceese is the nation's #7 APB.  How the hell do you scheme for that?  You HAVE TO stack the box, but that leaves open 4-star WR Dixon, 4-star WR Williams, (soon-to-be) 5-star Ware-Hudson, and 3-star slots Zamora and Craig.  It doesn't matter that Bryce is gone.  With that and MaxPreps Jr AA Miki-Han, MaxPreps Fr AA Tolo and 3-star Maseuli clearing holes, we would put up 56 a game with ME as QB1.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, MD87 said:

And yes, they will get it done.  Raleek is the best RB MD has ever had - let that sink in - and Marceese is the nation's #7 APB.  How the hell do you scheme for that?  You HAVE TO stack the box, but that leaves open 4-star WR Dixon, 4-star WR Williams, (soon-to-be) 5-star Ware-Hudson, and 3-star slots Zamora and Craig.  It doesn't matter that Bryce is gone.  With that and MaxPreps Jr AA Miki-Han, MaxPreps Fr AA Tolo and 3-star Maseuli clearing holes, we would put up 56 a game with ME as QB1.

I hear you! MD’s running game this year will be a problem for anyone in the country. I really think Money will make things very simple for the QB this year. So many weapons to work with and mismatches all over the field. Losing Bryce is tough for sure, but just like you said anyone can put up numbers with all that talent at their disposal. All QB1 has to do this year is let it fly and let the his receivers go make the plays. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

I hear you! MD’s running game this year will be a problem for anyone in the country. I really think Money will make things very simple for the QB this year. So many weapons to work with and mismatches all over the field. Losing Bryce is tough for sure, but just like you said anyone can put up numbers with all that talent at their disposal. All QB1 has to do this year is let it fly and let the his receivers go make the plays. 

How’s MD’s defense looking?

50 minutes ago, Bestcoast said:

How’s MD’s defense looking?

Pretty solid, a ton of athleticism and speed on this 2020 defense. Losing a few guys to graduation but bringing back a lot of really good players with a lot of experience. LB & the secondary are definitely the strengths. D line returns a couple guys too. They look great on paper but we’ll see how they work as unit with some new guys playing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

Pretty solid, a ton of athleticism and speed on this 2020 defense. Losing a few guys to graduation but bringing back a lot of really good players with a lot of experience. LB & the secondary are definitely the strengths. D line returns a couple guys too. They look great on paper but we’ll see how they work as unit with some new guys playing. 

How are the DB's looking?

12 minutes ago, SoCalFball said:

I think its funny that MD and Bosco struggle to find games and honestly makes sense why no one really wants to play them because of there recruiting tactics. 

I think the funny thing is, all the Sudden MD and SJB are turning down games against the Tier 1 Teams.... This doesn't make sense, because if you have a Recruited up all star team, why wouldn't you play anyone who is willing to play you?...

Especially when you cant fill your schedule... Sounds like Both Programs are doing some "Ducking" this year in order to protect their records with untested QB's and be in the "MNC" conversation, Rather then Challenge themselves with the best Competition... 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Especially when you cant fill your schedule... Sounds like Both Programs are doing some "Ducking" this year in order to protect their records with untested QB's and be in the "MNC" conversation, Rather then Challenge themselves with the best Competition... 

Give the people the national championship twice a year and this is how they treat you...😂 Can't make a better/bigger game than MD/Bosco! MD's OOS schedule will end up being just fine. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Give the people the national championship twice a year and this is how they treat you...😂 Can't make a better/bigger game than MD/Bosco! MD's OOS schedule will end up being just fine. 

HA!!!... I Hear you on that!!... Do you have any insight as to why MD won't play SFA this year?... Did Rollo and Biff not have a "Warm Fuzzy" at last years game?.... :) 

MD Played IMG and SFA the last 2 years... Bosco is really the team Ducking... There is no reason they should not play SFA this year, it is obvious Negro is protecting his record with that...

Playing East ST. Louis or whatever is a Joke... It's Like when Folsom Claimed they were playing "A Perennial So Cal Power" a couple of years ago when they had "Northern Nevada's Best Players" and ended up with a 4 win Chaminade team... Nobody cares... :) :) :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

HA!!!... I Hear you on that!!... Do you have any insight as to why MD won't play SFA this year?... Did Rollo and Biff not have a "Warm Fuzzy" at last years game?.... :) 

MD Played IMG and SFA the last 2 years... Bosco is really the team Ducking... There is no reason they should not play SFA this year, it is obvious Negro is protecting his record with that...

Playing East ST. Louis or whatever is a Joke... It's Like when Folsom Claimed they were playing "A Perennial So Cal Power" a couple of years ago when they had "Northern Nevada's Best Players" and ended up with a 4 win Chaminade team... Nobody cares... :) :) :) 

I do not but would assume it has something to with Bryce' departure. Also, I heard Rollo gave Biff spankings in the parking lot after the game for wasting his time last year so Biff doesn't want to come back😂  I'd like to see them play SFA again or Aquinas to show how good the defense is this year. I agree with you, I thought last years Bosco schedule was weak and it looks like this years will be too. With DJ last year they should've had a way better schedule and played a much better opponent than Good Counsel at the Trinity vs usa. They really tried to hype that game but it was very clear those two teams were not on the same level. I do think that both teams need to play SFA/STA type of teams every year. 

• Haha 1

@GardenStateBaller Trinity league vs BNU annually or at least for a few years? Same type of event as TL vs USA. Alternate between Cali & Jersey every other year. Best vs best this year would be MD vs SJR, Bosco vs St. Peters Prep, Servite vs Bergen Catholic. That's a pretty competitive line up. I think it'd be popular in both places.