Some California news

Ararar

Katin Houser, 2022, Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco: Made a number of big-time throws and was clearly one of the standouts in the underclass group. At 6-3, 195 pounds, the class of 2022 prospect has gotten noticeably bigger over the last year and might not be done growing. He flashed a strong arm and good mechanics when rolling outside the pocket. Houser is in the mix to take the reins at Bosco after transferring in from Henderson (Nev.) Liberty.

Greg Biggins

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Californians, this matchup between #1 & #2 will be insane over the next two years. They had a great battle this year, the kid from Servite can really play. Trinity looking good securing the top 5 💪 

05807976-1F85-4BAD-9D94-1E6D106B1A86.jpeg

Yes, but other than that one garbage-time TD catch, Domani got the best of him.  By the end of the season (if there IS a season), my money's on Raleek being state #1 or #2 behind Domani.  Kid's been mired in Central Valley obscurity til now.  He will take the country by storm this Fall playing on the nation's biggest stage.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MD87 said:

Yes, but other than that one garbage-time TD catch, Domani got the best of him.  By the end of the season (if there IS a season), my money's on Raleek being state #1 or #2 behind Domani.  Kid's been mired in Central Valley obscurity til now.  He will take the country by storm this Fall playing on the nation's biggest stage.

Now, now Die-hard.

Ha! Despite your attempt to minimize TMac's TD over D. Jackson, TMac also had 7 OTHER receptions, and, if memory serves me correctly, Domani got called for pass interference more than once while trying to cover TMac. Advantage TMAC.

• Like 1

I just watched the game again. (painful as a 56-11 loss is), and Domani Jackson had a baaaad game against TMAC.

First of all, the TD was not garbage time It was 4:29 left in the 3rd quarter.

Here are the plays involving the two players:

1st half

--TMac 4-yard reception against Domani

--Incomplete deep against Domani (overthrown...TMac had a step on him)

--First pass interference on Domani 15 yds...we'll take it.

--TMac 6-yard reception vs Domani.

--TMac 20-yard reception vs Domani

--Second pass interference on Domani ...half the distance, 13 yds. (Field goal on that drive.)

2nd half 

--TMac 5-yard reception vs Domani

--Third pass interference on Domani (15 yds...Domani shaking his head and throwing up his arms.)

--TMac 4-yard reception vs Domani.

--Incomplete deep vs Domani...TMac wanted a flag but didn't get one.

--TMac 8-yard TD reception vs Domani (4:29 left in the 3rd Quarter)

--TMac 10 yard reception late 4th quarter (Domani lined up over him, but to be fair, was deep in prevent defense).

Seven receptions for 57 yards and one TD, plus 43 yards in penalties against Domani.

MD87 needs to watch the game again if he thinks Domani got the better of TMAC. 

• Like 2

On 3/19/2020 at 5:37 AM, Slotback Right said:

I just watched the game again. (painful as a 56-11 loss is), and Domani Jackson had a baaaad game against TMAC.

First of all, the TD was not garbage time It was 4:29 left in the 3rd quarter.

Here are the plays involving the two players:

1st half

--TMac 4-yard reception against Domani

--Incomplete deep against Domani (overthrown...TMac had a step on him)

--First pass interference on Domani 15 yds...we'll take it.

--TMac 6-yard reception vs Domani.

--TMac 20-yard reception vs Domani

--Second pass interference on Domani ...half the distance, 13 yds. (Field goal on that drive.)

2nd half 

--TMac 5-yard reception vs Domani

--Third pass interference on Domani (15 yds...Domani shaking his head and throwing up his arms.)

--TMac 4-yard reception vs Domani.

--Incomplete deep vs Domani...TMac wanted a flag but didn't get one.

--TMac 8-yard TD reception vs Domani (4:29 left in the 3rd Quarter)

--TMac 10 yard reception late 4th quarter (Domani lined up over him, but to be fair, was deep in prevent defense).

Seven receptions for 57 yards and one TD, plus 43 yards in penalties against Domani.

MD87 needs to watch the game again if he thinks Domani got the better of TMAC. 

WHAT?!  4:30 left in the 3rd down 49-3 against MD is garbage time, period.  Look at what you wrote: 7-57 with a garbage time TD.  A GREAT stat line for ANY CB.  And yes, committing the penalty is sometimes the right move.  Anyone who's actually played the game knows that.  And if the result was 7-57 and a meaningless TD against the best WR in his class, those penalties had absolutely no impact and TMac was rendered a non-factor.  Damn, you're reaching.  Advantage: Domani.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, old_e said:

Is the Corona thing gonna extend into the football season?

God let’s hope not! There is a real possibility that it will extend into the ‘preparation’ for football season. We already lost Spring ball. Who knows what is going to happen to all the Summer workouts, endless hours in the weight room, camps, and passing league. We can only hope that come August they can put the pads and helmets on. But it’s going to be interesting with everything leading up to that having been compromised and what impact it has if they are able to play. 

10 hours ago, MD87 said:

WHAT?!  4:30 left in the 3rd down 49-3 against MD is garbage time, period.  Look at what you wrote: 7-57 with a garbage time TD.  A GREAT stat line for ANY CB.  And yes, committing the penalty is sometimes the right move.  Anyone who's actually played the game knows that.  And if the result was 7-57 and a meaningless TD against the best WR in his class, those penalties had absolutely no impact and TMac was rendered a non-factor.  Damn, you're reaching.  Advantage: Domani.

Sorry, I stand by what I wrote. I'll grant you 7 receptions for 57 yards and 1 TD, won't get you on the OC Register top ten for the week, and your darn tootin' sometimes taking a PI is the right thing to do. Why? Because you're beaten, and it's 6 points otherwise. The second PI was exactly that. Domani was beaten on a 26 yard pass in the end zone. That's why it was half the distance, which shows that PI WAS a factor...It led to a FG. 

And the third PI was on 3rd and 5 and kept alive the 84 yard drive that led to TMac's 8 yd TD...definitely a factor on that drive also. 

So, TMac and Domani were involved in 12 plays. Only two that went MD's way ( incomplete passes), and TEN that went Servite's way for a total of 100 yards for a TD and also led to a FG. When TMac gets 10 out of 12 plays to go his way...Advantage TMac.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

15 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

Sorry, I stand by what I wrote. I'll grant you 7 receptions for 57 yards and 1 TD, won't get you on the OC Register top ten for the week, and your darn tootin' sometimes taking a PI is the right thing to do. Why? Because you're beaten, and it's 6 points otherwise. The second PI was exactly that. Domani was beaten on a 26 yard pass in the end zone. That's why it was half the distance, which shows that PI WAS a factor...It led to a FG. 

And the third PI was on 3rd and 5 and kept alive the 84 yard drive that led to TMac's 8 yd TD...definitely a factor on that drive also. 

So, TMac and Domani were involved in 12 plays. Only two that went MD's way ( incomplete passes), and TEN that went Servite's way for a total of 100 yards for a TD and also led to a FG. When TMac gets 10 out of 12 plays to go his way...Advantage TMac.

Shoot I'll take 10 or so receptions for 100 yards .. certainly it didnt hurt MD. Advantage MD - Domani may have gotten PIs, but he didnt give up any big yards. Call it what you will, any WR posting a 10 yds per catch isn't much of factor.   

• Like 1

it reminds me, I believe Rollo of MD said that Bryce Young is the best ever QB in MD history, at the same time, it sucks and it's painful everywhere for state championship games or sports seasons that had to be cancelled due to the COVID-19 outbreak, for example, Sierra Canyon being denied a chance at a 3-peat for State Title in Basketball. Also, I would have though JT Daniels would be on that list as well above, one of the best QB's ever to come out of the West Coast.