Some California news

Ararar

9 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Los Angeles Unified School District just announced that all school facilities are closed through the Summer. This means no Summer football practice and likely means no football. The dominoes will begin to fall and pretty soon we will kiss the 2020 season goodbye in California. 

I never thought this would every happen.  A year without HSFB!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Mos def end times.  Just like the good book says, When thou has no HSFB, expect the horsemen to follow.  or something like that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I never thought this would every happen.  A year without HSFB!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Mos def end times.  Just like the good book says, When thou has no HSFB, expect the horsemen to follow.  or something like that. 

lol yes. 

Best case scenario for LAUSD would be a delayed or shortened season. It will be interesting to see if other school districts and CIF sections follow the lead of Los Angeles schools. I would think yes they would. Gavin Newsom has been one of the most proactive and progressive governors in terms of taking precautionary steps against COVID. I really think he will end up making state-wide decisions about this. I don't see some schools playing in the state while others do not. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Los Angeles Unified School District just announced that all school facilities are closed through the Summer. This means no Summer football practice and likely means no football. The dominoes will begin to fall and pretty soon we will kiss the 2020 season goodbye in California. 

Once again Folsom escapes.............smh

• Haha 8

3 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

It's been 9 years straight of your obsession Sammy. 

It's time to let it go. 

I'm sorry Servite has lived in their shadow for a decade. Maybe next year.... oh wait

I don't think its been 9 years.

Exactly right about Folsom getting a reprieve year when looking at breaking in a new staff and zero talent.

31 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

They will still not make it past tier 6.  And they shouldn't.  They will, however, have more time to make phone calls and set up some tough competition for 2021.  I"m thinking they won't.  

You mean they won't make it past tier 6 on a poll by a random internet poster who is literally obsessed with hating on them??? 

Shocking.

Just now, Sammyswordsman said:

I don't think its been 9 years.

Exactly right about Folsom getting a reprieve year when looking at breaking in a new staff and zero talent.

It's been a loooong time my friend. I remember seeing your hating ass on DJ's site at least a decade ago.  Folsom's got multiple guys with high D1 offers, probably the same amount as Servite. That's actually pretty sad considering all the talent they just graduated. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

It's been a loooong time my friend. I remember seeing your hating ass on DJ's site at least a decade ago.  Folsom's got multiple guys with high D1 offers, probably the same amount as Servite. That's actually pretty sad considering all the talent they just graduated. 

For some reason I’m thinking the hate started on Folsom 17 YEARS AGO.

It doesn’t matter though. The only ones that don’t hate Folsom are Folsom and Pops.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Bestcoast said:

For some reason I’m thinking the hate started on Folsom 17 YEARS AGO.

It doesn’t matter though. The only ones that don’t hate Folsom are Folsom and Pops.

Pops only doesn’t hate Folsom as a hedge against them sometime possibly beating DLS.

And does anyone really “hate” Folsom, or do they just despise the “Folsom by 17” guy?

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 4/13/2020 at 1:42 PM, Extremely Humble said:

You mean they won't make it past tier 6 on a poll by a random internet poster who is literally obsessed with hating on them??? 

Shocking.

That's seems true. 

All joking aside, I think very highly of Folsom.  They are a really good team and hope they continue to be because NorCal is desperate for more good teams to represent the best part of the state.  It is the scheduling that deserves the criticism and that will continue until they can schedule up consistently.  

It sucks that Grant has fallen off the map too.  

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

That's seems true. 

All joking aside, I think very highly of Folsom.  They are a really good team and hope they continue to be because NorCal is desperate for more good teams to represent the best part of the state.  It is the scheduling that deserves the criticism and that will continue until they can schedule up consistently.  

It sucks that Grant has fallen off the map too.  

Firm handshakes. I agree I wish they would at least throw in one good Socal team per season. C10, Servite or MV would be perfect. Hopefully they continue scheduling DLS year in and year out. I know DLS wants the games because it's the only team up north that allows them to play their starters for 4 quarters. 

Regarding Grant, it's really sad what's happened to that program. Even their alumni don't send their kids there. Grant legend and NFL product Onterrio Smith has his kid enrolled at Folsom as a freshmen right now. He's already getting looks from colleges. They still attract the big linemen but the skill players are leaving for greener pastures. I really hope they can be a force again one day but that would require a coaching change IMO. 

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

Firm handshakes. I agree I wish they would at least throw in one good Socal team per season. C10, Servite or MV would be perfect. Hopefully they continue scheduling DLS year in and year out. I know DLS wants the games because it's the only team up north that allows them to play their starters for 4 quarters. 

Regarding Grant, it's really sad what's happened to that program. Even their alumni don't send their kids there. Grant legend and NFL product Onterrio Smith has his kid enrolled at Folsom as a freshmen right now. He's already getting looks from colleges. They still attract the big linemen but the skill players are leaving for greener pastures. I really hope they can be a force again one day but that would require a coaching change IMO. 

I don't know how close personally you are to the Folsom program , but there has to be a truly  viable reason why they don't schedule up, and I mean in a big way. There is no justification why they don't . Money can't be a reason since they have traveled south twice . It is hard to believe that the coaches are just cowards and want to hide behind and to protect their unblemished record , given that quality losses only make the team better,  and that they won't hurt them when it comes to playoff time . Imop , the Folsom organization should be clamoring for the competition and wanting to improve themselves . It appears that their talent pipeline reloads year after year .  Even with the new coaches  it seems business as usual . Do you know of any specifics as to why they haven't ?  Makes zero sense . 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

I don't know how close personally you are to the Folsom program , but there has to be a truly  viable reason why they don't schedule up, and I mean in a big way. There is no justification why they don't . Money can't be a reason since they have traveled south twice . It is hard to believe that the coaches are just cowards and want to hide behind and to protect their unblemished record , given that quality losses only make the team better,  and that they won't hurt them when it comes to playoff time . Imop , the Folsom organization should be clamoring for the competition and wanting to improve themselves . It appears that their talent pipeline reloads year after year .  Even with the new coaches  it seems business as usual . Do you know of any specifics as to why they haven't ?  Makes zero sense . 

I can't speak for the coaches but I think it's a combination of lack of funds and playing it safe. Whether we like it or not, at the end of the day they're still a public school with limited funds. They had to have a fundraiser and donations in 2018 just to get to the State game (I would know, I donated). Although Troy Taylor and Richardson were top notch coaches they played it too safe every year. They knew in 2014 they were absolutely loaded and only scheduled Cathedral Catholic. Big mistake. That was the best team in SJS history by miles and they blew it with that weak schedule. Past few years thank god the schedule has gotten better (DLS) and we can only hope will continue to improve because they're still attracting ballers year in and year out. Sammy likes to joke that the pipeline is drying up with the change in coaching but I'm only see more and more transfers. They just got Capital Christian's stud sophmore receiver - Rico Flores.  I think the  biggest move Folsom has made this offseason was they brought back their Defensive coordinator Val Laologi who was there from 2010 -2014. Their defense was pathetic last season which is why they didn't win state again imo.  I personally get the feeling Coach Doherty will take more risks than the previous coaches but only time will tell.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

I personally get the feeling Coach Doherty will take more risks than the previous coaches but only time will tell.  

This presumes that the head coach has a significant say in the matter.  As it has been described to me by a Folsom supporter, and former booster, who also supports other schools in the area, on behalf of some of his employees, there’s a very conservative and stubborn element in the administration.  I haven’t, and won’t, press him for details since we now have a business relationship that I can’t compromise, but he’s a pretty straight shooter.  

At some point, Folsom will be a victim of their own success and may have trouble getting good OOL opponents on their terms.  Then, will come the “we can’t get anyone to play us” reason which would have some truth to it.  

If two years ago, on the night they travelled to Chaminade and St. Mary’s travelled to MD, those destinations were switched, Folsom might have lost the game, but just think of how much they could have won in terms of respect.

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

JT Daniels to the transfer portal. Can’t blame SC. Slovis did everything he was supposed to do. JT looked good in his brief time as the starter this year and will be a huge grab for somebody. Washington, Michigan, Stanford & USC were his top 4. I could see Harbaugh trying to grab him. 

Looks like he peaked as a19 yr old senior 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6