Some California news

Ararar

2 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Hopefully this brings back Poly. It is a damn shame how the LBUSD destroyed such a great program. 

Absolutely, I would love to see Poly end their State title drought, I don't believe since 1919, since the State title game was reinstated in 2006, Poly is 0-2 in the State title game, they lost to teams from Folsom's league, and they lost by very close margins, close scores unfortunately.

Of course I would love to see this happen, but the odds seem against it since Poly is a public school, is to see Poly win their first National Title in their rich, glorious programs history. A major asterisk on their program.

According to Wikipedia, Fontana H.S. in 1987, is the last time a California public School won a Natty in H.S. football, it's all been private/parochial schools since then for Cali.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Hopefully this brings back Poly. It is a damn shame how the LBUSD destroyed such a great program. 

If they let any LBC kid to go to Poly as freshman without having to apply that would be awesome. Since Poly was a  Magnet Polytechnical school you have to apply to get in, even if you live across the street. Football coaches used to be able to get in theirs kids, hope they can again.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2020 at 9:18 AM, SoCalFball said:

You know at some point I could see other schools in the southern section refusing to play MD and Bosco in regular and post season forcing CIF hand because they clearly act more like IMG oppose to other HS...

Was talking with a couple of MD fans at Ralphs this morning and they both felt the same way... just play SJB twice and maybe CC. Just forget the rest of the season. No one is interested in going to games that won't be competitive. The rest of the TL is good but not necessarily to the level the media makes it out to be.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gospeeder said:

Was talking with a couple of MD fans at Ralphs this morning and they both felt the same way... just play SJB twice and maybe CC. Just forget the rest of the season. No one is interested in going to games that won't be competitive. The rest of the TL is good but not necessarily to the level the media makes it out to be.

Ouch

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Ouch

As a long time TL follower... I would love nothing more than to eat my words.

Problem is the TL outside of MD and Bosco didn't really kick ass OOS last season... same with out of league.
You and I both know how strong the TL was years ago ( I kind of miss that ) when there was more balance in the league. Prior to the deflections of the Logan Loya type players to the big two, most of the league games got everyone's attention. Not so much anymore. Both JS and SM have become disasters by older Trinity standards and quite a few of us who are intimate with OLU question even if they still belong in the league.

I might be open to waking back a little of what I said as I have been looking forward watching Servite more closely than in the past since much of what I have heard, this is to be their breakout season... but for the most part, outside of the playoffs, how many TL games do you think our regular group of guys are going to make the effort to hook up and attend.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Gospeeder said:

Yep I am sure no-one will be at the servite game

• Thanks 1

These posts about the Big A and Servite fans, that reminds me, Servite fans no doubt like to forget about those MD-Servite games at Angel Stadium during the Matt Barkley era, those are no doubt the most painful and embarrassing losses for Servite during the streak.

I was in attendance at the 2009 game at the SA Bowl in which Servite snapped the streak.

7 hours ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

These posts about the Big A and Servite fans, that reminds me, Servite fans no doubt like to forget about those MD-Servite games at Angel Stadium during the Matt Barkley era, those are no doubt the most painful and embarrassing losses for Servite during the streak.

I was in attendance at the 2009 game at the SA Bowl in which Servite snapped the streak.

My kid was on that Servite team in 2009.  The ONLY game that matters.

• Like 1

Many people say that when Servite was slaughtered by DLS in the 2010 State title game at the Home Depot Center, that marked the beginning of the downfall of Servite, the program hasn't been the same since.

A loss in the championship game, it's hard to believe a more bigger dramatic drop on how it can completely destroy a program for the long-term.

A similar type of effect for Los Al, when they lost to Poly in the 2004 CIF title game at Angel Stadium, the Griffins would only win a single playoff game for the next decade, and would go like a decade without winning a playoff game.

In regards to the NFL, the Super bowl massacre by the Tampa Bay buccaneers in the 2002 season, destroyed the Raiders for the long-term, the Raiders still haven't recovered since that massacre, only one winning season since then.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

Many people say that when Servite was slaughtered by DLS in the 2010 State title game at the Home Depot Center, that marked the beginning of the downfall of Servite, the program hasn't been the same since.

A loss in the championship game, it's hard to believe a more bigger dramatic drop on how it can completely destroy a program for the long-term.

A similar type of effect for Los Al, when they lost to Poly in the 2004 CIF title game at Angel Stadium, the Griffins would only win a single playoff game for the next decade, and would go like a decade without winning a playoff game.

In regards to the NFL, the Super bowl massacre by the Tampa Bay buccaneers in the 2002 season, destroyed the Raiders for the long-term, the Raiders still haven't recovered since that massacre, only one winning season since then.

LOL.  It took 20 years for Mater Dei to recover from the 1998, 1999, 2000 beat downs from DLS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

33 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

LOL.  It took 20 years for Mater Dei to recover from the 1998, 1999, 2000 beat downs from DLS.

even though MD won a CIF title during the 1998 season, against a powerful LB Poly team, I believe in Troy Thomas's own words, Scott Prohaska leaving Servite for MD, was the biggest contributing factor for Servite's downfall. 

If there is a football season for 2020, hopefully a public school from CA ends up being a surprise, shock, explodes into a national powerhouse, but it still looks like it's gonna be MD and Bosco running the show for now.

3 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Mater Dei guy thinks they've owned California for the past few decades. If MD and SJB never sold their souls ovr the past 5ish years I would bet Servite would be back to top 3 in California most seasons behind DLS and Folsom of course 😂

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

Mater Dei guy thinks they've owned California for the past few decades. If MD and SJB never sold their souls ovr the past 5ish years I would bet Servite would be back to top 3 in California most seasons behind DLS and Folsom of course 😂

Lol don’t compare ur self with DLS, just because the Spartans repeatedly spank dat ass don’t mean you can be mentioned with them

id bet Jseraa beats Folsom by least 17 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Lol don’t compare ur self with DLS, just because the Spartans repeatedly spank dat ass don’t mean you can be mentioned with them

id bet Jseraa beats Folsom by least 17 

They’d be lucky to survive OLu let alone Jserra.  Didn’t they just lose to something something trail at home? Folsom guy is delusional. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1