Some California news

Ararar

4 hours ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

Don't know what else to say, it'll be interesting to see some California H.S. can pull off some surprises or explode high into the national rankings that are not named MD and Bosco.

That would require CIFSS to do something about public and private lol

1 hour ago, SoCalFball said:

That would require CIFSS to do something about public and private lol

I remember there was an L.A. times article, when discussing the domination between MD and Bosco, it was titled, blame the lawyers for it.

But yes, even though it's a very long shot, hopefully Mission Viejo or Corona Centennial can surprise or shock everyone, and maybe Matt Logan, should try to kick field goals more often instead of trying to go for it on 4th down.

Because I remember it was said, Corona Centennial, good chance they would have at least one National Title in there programs history, if they had tried to kick field goals some several years ago or a couple seasons ago.

I believe Folsom, Mission Viejo and Corona Centennial, are so far the only elite public school powers that are able to reach high in the national rankings.

1 hour ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

I remember there was an L.A. times article, when discussing the domination between MD and Bosco, it was titled, blame the lawyers for it.

But yes, even though it's a very long shot, hopefully Mission Viejo or Corona Centennial can surprise or shock everyone, and maybe Matt Logan, should try to kick field goals more often instead of trying to go for it on 4th down.

Because I remember it was said, Corona Centennial, good chance they would have at least one National Title in there programs history, if they had tried to kick field goals some several years ago or a couple seasons ago.

I believe Folsom, Mission Viejo and Corona Centennial, are so far the only elite public school powers that are able to reach high in the national rankings.

Tier 1 pandering post.  Sheesh 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Extremely Humble said:

In other words Cen10 is at even more disadvantage when they play MD week 1. 

No team periods or footballs allowed at practices. Only strength & conditioning in small groups, 12 or less I believe. Good sign to be back working out  but nobody will be able to install the system on campus for a while. Los Alamitos & Tustin are Public schools that began practices this past week. MD & SJB begin next Monday. Not sure when Centennial will get the green light but assume it will be soon. Matt Logan knows how to run efficient practices as well as anyone, they’ll be ready to play MD. 

1 hour ago, pde769 said:

I want to say thanks to Helix high school for stepping up to take open date with Cennt10 on 9/4 after the canceling of the Honor Bowl game with SFA . The game signed in less than 24 hours.Should be a great game. I wish Folsom had taken the game. 

Was Folsom asked to fill that date as well?

2 hours ago, pde769 said:

I want to say thanks to Helix high school for stepping up to take open date with Cennt10 on 9/4 after the canceling of the Honor Bowl game with SFA . The game signed in less than 24 hours.Should be a great game. I wish Folsom had taken the game. 

Major props and respect to Helix..... A very good San Diego public program.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

@AztecPadre, @imaGoodBoyNow, retort?

They do look tiny, malnourished, and small.

bgw

North shore lost at home to these little boys. But let me be the first to use the texans favorite excuse... “NS didn’t have the entire roster!” 😂 (suspensions, injuries, you know, adversity most teams face throughout the year) NS lost to Katy in the first game playing with the top running back in the nation, their all world quarterback, Alabama signed OL, multiple D1 defenders & the best staff in TX (right texans?) Fact check me if you’d like. Even without their entire roster, still much more talent on the field than Katy. But we know, DLS was going to get split open 🤷‍♂️ 😂

41FC0A82-577D-4D6C-AE82-320FF369A6DC.jpeg

325084D4-386E-4156-8A13-B202C6338544.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

North shore lost at home to these little boys. But let me be the first to use the texans favorite excuse... “NS didn’t have the entire roster!” 😂 (suspensions, injuries, you know, adversity most teams face throughout the year) NS lost to Katy in the first game playing with the top running back in the nation, their all world quarterback, Alabama signed OL, multiple D1 defenders & the best staff in TX (right texans?) Fact check me if you’d like. Even without their entire roster, still much more talent on the field than Katy. But we know, DLS was going to get split open 🤷‍♂️ 😂

41FC0A82-577D-4D6C-AE82-320FF369A6DC.jpeg

325084D4-386E-4156-8A13-B202C6338544.jpeg

Dude Katy has played NS many times, they are use to them as a rivalry and in this horrid humid climate. Nonetheless, NS is 4-2 vs Katy with the current head coach.  DLS wasn't coming into new terrotity here in TX and beating NS.  Not only that NS is #1 here preseason for a reason.  trust me, that game was going to be a convincing NS win.  

Secondly, DLS is not Katy playing HERE in TX. Not even close

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Dude Katy has played NS many times, they are use to them as a rivalry and in this horrid humid climate. Nonetheless, NS is 4-2 vs Katy with the current head coach.  DLS wasn't coming into new terrotity here in TX and beating NS.  Not only that NS is #1 here preseason for a reason.  trust me, that game was going to be a convincing NS win.  

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  First and excuse thread candidate statement, Then followed by the stereotypical beginning of a sentence that you know will be a lie.  "Trust me"  HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  First and excuse thread candidate statement, Then followed by the stereotypical beginning of a sentence that you know will be a lie.  "Trust me"  HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DLS is average in OOS games, you guys only have false confidence NOW because the game was called off. 😂

it's not an excuse, DLS has never been to Houston and never played NS, Katy has many times.  It's called familiarity..... 

this should be NS best offense yet under coach Kay.   They will light up the scoreboard

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Although I believe NS would have won this game I also believe it would have been a much closer 4 qrt battle than you think.I and others out here believe this May be the year DLS reclaims the Open championship.With the COVID however we will never know and probably won’t see any team at their highest potential.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

it's not an excuse, DLS has never been to Houston and never played NS, Katy has many times.  It's called familiarity..... 

I agree with that take. Those weather conditions alone make it tough on anybody that’s not used to playing in those conditions I don’t care how good they are. I always thought NS would win relatively comfortably at home but don’t think it would’ve been a massacre. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

I agree with that take. Those weather conditions alone make it tough on anybody that’s not used to playing in those conditions I don’t care how good they are. I always thought NS would win relatively comfortably at home but don’t think it would’ve been a massacre. 

They would have won by 21+.  The size of NS OL, which will be the biggest and maybe best yet, coupled with the weather and a few DLS players going 2-ways was going to be absolutely brutal. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

Although I believe NS would have won this game I also believe it would have been a much closer 4 qrt battle than you think.I and others out here believe this May be the year DLS reclaims the Open championship.With the COVID however we will never know and probably won’t see any team at their highest potential.

They weren’t gonna compete well in the Houston humidity going against a massive and physical NS OL. 

my prediction has little to do with DLS abilities as much as it does of significant weather changes  just like it would be if a TX team played a NE powerhouse in snowy weather.  Not good for the TX team...

I use to be an avid runner and when I’d go to Houston to visit family and work out I felt the difference immediately. It takes time to acclimate to that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1