Some California news

Ararar

1 hour ago, Cal 14 said:

So, Loyola is out of the Mission League (finally)?

Not sure Cathedral will do any better.

Loyola HS of L.A., I remember they had some good battles with MD, back when they used to be in D-1, and Loyola is one of the few California H.S.'s to have won a national title in football, which they did in the 1975 season.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Sierra Canyon too. We also need to trade OLu out of the Trinity & get Amat or Serra in there. 

I can see Serra with their proximity to SJB, but La Puente is a bit far.  Yes, I am aware of the Angelus League history, but BA's inclusion is currently unnecessary.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

Loyola HS of L.A., I remember they had some good battles with MD, back when they used to be in D-1, and Loyola is one of the few California H.S.'s to have won a national title in football, which they did in the 1975 season.

Never have been the same since Grady left.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

C2538F03-B006-41BA-B61E-7ABDB791A6EB.gif.2923f33f278040a9a18a2bd8e8dc02cf.gif

after reviewing paperwork it was determined that since @Eddyr2 skipped a grade and graduated at age 17 he will be eligible to play for Mater Dei next season. He says he is ready to play Buck (WOLB) at MD in the fall and is already in Game Shape...

41507848-F33C-44AA-B335-5A9F904D810E.thumb.jpeg.966d403c2ba71825cd64dafc80400da3.jpeg

*Coach Rollo, the MD Admin and Bishop Vann deny that the story above is true

You look younger than I imagined. Face rejuvenating wrinkle cream?

18 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Never have been the same since Grady left.

Damn straight, last time they won a CIF title in football, was in 2005, the year after Grady retired, following that CIF title victory, they would go 2 straight seasons without making the playoffs.

The head coach on that 2005 CIF title team, I believe it's best to assume he just inherited a team built by Grady, then his impact fell off.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2020 at 1:34 AM, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

These posts about the Big A and Servite fans, that reminds me, Servite fans no doubt like to forget about those MD-Servite games at Angel Stadium during the Matt Barkley era, those are no doubt the most painful and embarrassing losses for Servite during the streak.

What game were those?

13 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

What game were those?

the 2006 MD-Servite game, Servite was very close to snapping the streak, but they missed a game-winning field goal that hit the upright, bounced off or got deflected off the goal post, hit the metal pole.

the 2007 game, Servite was trying to make a comeback, behind by 1 TD, Matt Barkley almost got sacked in the endzone for a safety, as he is being brought down, he throws a lofty pass to wide open Andrew Abbott, who is then off to the races, streaks to the endzone, that was basically the "goodbye TD", that destroyed Servite's hopes of a comeback. 

It was another reminder, that Matt Barkley's best games were always against Servite.

45 minutes ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

the 2006 MD-Servite game, Servite was very close to snapping the streak, but they missed a game-winning field goal that hit the upright, bounced off or got deflected off the goal post, hit the metal pole.

the 2007 game, Servite was trying to make a comeback, behind by 1 TD, Matt Barkley almost got sacked in the endzone for a safety, as he is being brought down, he throws a lofty pass to wide open Andrew Abbott, who is then off to the races, streaks to the endzone, that was basically the "goodbye TD", that destroyed Servite's hopes of a comeback. 

It was another reminder, that Matt Barkley's best games were always against Servite.

I don't remember any of those games.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Because 1 kid tested positive who was asymptomatic. Ridiculous!

I can understand why. Probably didn't come from school more so the actual district and they are covering there asses from possible lawsuit standpoint...Just get ready for HS football in January lol (hope I'm wrong)

• Like 2