Ararar

Some California news

13 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

What game were those?

the 2006 MD-Servite game, Servite was very close to snapping the streak, but they missed a game-winning field goal that hit the upright, bounced off or got deflected off the goal post, hit the metal pole.

the 2007 game, Servite was trying to make a comeback, behind by 1 TD, Matt Barkley almost got sacked in the endzone for a safety, as he is being brought down, he throws a lofty pass to wide open Andrew Abbott, who is then off to the races, streaks to the endzone, that was basically the "goodbye TD", that destroyed Servite's hopes of a comeback. 

It was another reminder, that Matt Barkley's best games were always against Servite.

45 minutes ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

the 2006 MD-Servite game, Servite was very close to snapping the streak, but they missed a game-winning field goal that hit the upright, bounced off or got deflected off the goal post, hit the metal pole.

the 2007 game, Servite was trying to make a comeback, behind by 1 TD, Matt Barkley almost got sacked in the endzone for a safety, as he is being brought down, he throws a lofty pass to wide open Andrew Abbott, who is then off to the races, streaks to the endzone, that was basically the "goodbye TD", that destroyed Servite's hopes of a comeback. 

It was another reminder, that Matt Barkley's best games were always against Servite.

I don't remember any of those games.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Ararar said:

Helix shuts down football 🏈 because of COVID 

Because 1 kid tested positive who was asymptomatic. Ridiculous!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Better safe than sorry 😐 I guess 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

I can understand why. Probably didn't come from school more so the actual district and they are covering there asses from possible lawsuit standpoint...Just get ready for HS football in January lol (hope I'm wrong)

• Like 2

On 6/25/2020 at 11:05 AM, Sammyswordsman said:

I don't remember any of those games.

I detect sarcasm there, just a reminder that the Servite community prefers to forget those games, probably like Rollo hates talking about the 56-3 loss to Eisenhower in 1993, and last seasons second half collapse against Bosco.

• Haha 1

Mater Dei rising junior DB Domani Jackson cuts his list to 10. Ohio State, Clemson, Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Michigan, Texas, USC, Oklahoma & ASU.
The #1 corner in the ‘22 class \|/

EC1DC519-A110-462F-A07B-CD6EDF1DE7A9.png

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

Mater Dei rising junior DB Domani Jackson cuts his list to 10. Ohio State, Clemson, Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Michigan, Texas, USC, Oklahoma & ASU.
The #1 corner in the ‘22 class \|/

EC1DC519-A110-462F-A07B-CD6EDF1DE7A9.png

ASU has really stepped up their recruiting ever since Herm took over. They're getting tons of high recruit Cali players. I predict them to be the gold standard in the Pac 12 for the next few years.  They got Folsom's 2 best players last season, Grant's best player, and I know a handful 4 star Socal studs.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

ASU has really stepped up their recruiting ever since Herm took over. They're getting tons of high recruit Cali players. I predict them to be the gold standard in the Pac 12 for the next few years.  They got Folsom's 2 best players last season, Grant's best player, and I know a handful 4 star Socal studs.

I agree, I really thought the Herm hire wasn’t going to work out for them but he put together a staff of elite recruiters. Antonio Pierce recruits California as well as anybody & getting chris Hawkins to leave SC for ASU was huge. They’re going to be really good in years to come.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

I don’t think the folks at Oregon and Washington are all that concerned about what’s going on in Tempe.  AZ State might win a few games they normally wouldn’t over the next couple of years, but to predict them as the gold standard?   

43 minutes ago, On2whls said:

I don’t think the folks at Oregon and Washington are all that concerned about what’s going on in Tempe.  AZ State might win a few games they normally wouldn’t over the next couple of years, but to predict them as the gold standard?   

Donte Williams’ departure for USC threatens Oregon’s recruiting grip in SoCal

https://wholeflockofducks.com/index.php/2020/02/10/donte-williams-departure-for-usc-threatens-oregons-recruiting-grip-in-socal/

47 minutes ago, On2whls said:

They should be. From all the Pac 12 football I watched last year Jayden Daniels impressed me the most at QB. I see MANY of the major recruits all across the country putting ASU in their final 5 now. That was unheard of before Herm got there. 

The tide is shifting. 

• Like 4

Something to think about if/when football season gets moved to January is how many of the states top players will be around? I know a handful always graduate early and enroll in college. So if season starts at that time some teams could be missing key players that were originally thought could be there...

7 hours ago, SoCalFball said:

Something to think about if/when football season gets moved to January is how many of the states top players will be around? I know a handful always graduate early and enroll in college. So if season starts at that time some teams could be missing key players that were originally thought could be there...

Yeah, that’s just one of many undesirable aspects of a January start.  Plus, if Covid shows up as recurring flu season virus, it would potentially wipe that out anyway. 

I think the 2020 season unfortunately is a casualty of the Covid situation.

49 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Yeah, that’s just one of many undesirable aspects of a January start.  Plus, if Covid shows up as recurring flu season virus, it would potentially wipe that out anyway. 

I think the 2020 season unfortunately is a casualty of the Covid situation.

I was saying this on the Norcal board months ago and some thought it was very far fetched to even think that.  We are now a little more than a month out and I still don’t believe there will be a 2020 season.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

I was saying this on the Norcal board months ago and some thought it was very far fetched to even think that.  We are now a little more than a month out and I still don’t believe there will be a 2020 season.

It’s one of those things that sucks to be right about.  

8 minutes ago, On2whls said:

It’s one of those things that sucks to be right about.  

Yep, but it’s a reality.