Some California news

Ararar

On 8/31/2020 at 6:29 PM, Sammyswordsman said:

That was truly a Once in a Generation team.  On top of the great skill players and LBers, the O-line had mostly 3 year starters.

The problem with your assertion is that 2018 and 2019 MD were both arguably equal too, if not better than 2017 . Those teams played far superior opponents and were proven . It's like calling the undefeated Miami dolphin team of 1972  the greatest of all time , when in fact, a number of the stars on that dolphin team said the 1973 Dolphin team was much better .  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

The problem with your assertion is that 2018 and 2019 MD were both arguably equal too, if not better than 2017 . Those teams played far superior opponents and were proven . It's like calling the undefeated Miami dolphin team of 1972  the greatest of all time , when in fact, a number of the stars on that dolphin team said the 1973 Dolphin team was much better .  

Teams are remembered by the outcome of their last game of the season. 2019 MD was just as good, actually better IMO, than 2017. But 2017 will go down in Monarch lore as the better team because they have their rings. 
2018 MD was not as good as either 17 or 19. Bosco was actually the better team in 2018 with nothing to show for it. But that is football (and life!). The table was exactly reversed in 2019.

5 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Teams are remembered by the outcome of their last game of the season. 2019 MD was just as good, actually better IMO, than 2017. But 2017 will go down in Monarch lore as the better team because they have their rings. 
2018 MD was not as good as either 17 or 19. Bosco was actually the better team in 2018 with nothing to show for it. But that is football (and life!). The table was exactly reversed in 2019.

Bosco in 2018 was not the better team . Going off your statement that a team is remembered for it's last game , MD was clearly better than SJB. That game should have been a blowout. MD in 2018 got better and better as season progressed , even though they had big early season wins against IMG and Bishop. The qb by season's end was imop, significantly better than Daniels. The DLS team that MD beat in 2018 was way better than the debacle of the 2017 ( 2016 also ) DLS team . Like I said, 2017 MD was unproven . SJB was also significantly down in 2017 also . So like I said , it can be argued about the claims of MD 2017 being a " Generational " team . I get it, that for MD fans, winning an SBG after being in obscurity for so long , that there was tremendous exuberance surrounding that season in 2017. But seeing with mine own eyes , and even getting feedback from others who saw both , it can be argued .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

Bosco in 2018 was not the better team . Going off your statement that a team is remembered for it's last game , MD was clearly better than SJB. That game should have been a blowout. MD in 2018 got better and better as season progressed , even though they had big early season wins against IMG and Bishop. The qb by season's end was imop, significantly better than Daniels. The DLS team that MD beat in 2018 was way better than the debacle of the 2017 ( 2016 also ) DLS team . Like I said, 2017 MD was unproven . SJB was also significantly down in 2017 also . So like I said , it can be argued about the claims of MD 2017 being a " Generational " team . I get it, that for MD fans, winning an SBG after being in obscurity for so long , that there was tremendous exuberance surrounding that season in 2017. But seeing with mine own eyes , and even getting feedback from others who saw both , it can be argued .

The 2017 MD team was unproven?  WTH does that mean?  They played 8 games against teams that cracked someone's national Top 25 that season, and never trailed.

4 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

Of course, anything can be argued, but come on, MD was never in the 2018 regular season game.  Hell, it was MD's worst loss (points-wise, of course; nothing will ever be worse than last season's playoff loss) since I can't even remember.  The better team didn't win it all in 2018, and the same thing happened this past year.  

15 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

What made 2018 & 2019 better?  I want specifics.

32 minutes ago, MD87 said:

Of course, anything can be argued, but come on, MD was never in the 2018 regular season game.  Hell, it was MD's worst loss (points-wise, of course; nothing will ever be worse than last season's playoff loss) since I can't even remember.  The better team didn't win it all in 2018, and the same thing happened this past year.  

What he said. Bosco had the better team in 2018 and MD was better in 2019. Ask any Bosco fan how  tough the 2018 finals loss was to swallow. Likewise, I am still coming to grips with the 2019 finals. 

On 9/3/2020 at 6:22 PM, Sammyswordsman said:

It was so bad that its almost like the karma from all the epic MD comebacks over the years, reversed and punished the 2019 team

yup, i believe another way of putting it, is this was Karma to have MD be on the receiving end, or be the loser this time when there were Natty implications on the line, National title implications on the line, because MD achieved their share of upsets in the 90's, beating Eisenhower in 1991, Los Al and Bishop Amat in 1994, LB Poly in 1998, MD was the underdog in those games during the 90's. 

If either Los Al or Bishop Amat won it all in 1994, the Natty would have been theirs, same for LB Poly in 1998. 

It still kind of dissapoints me, not a single California public school has been able to win a Natty in HS football since 1987, you would think one California public school would have done that, after DLS's winning streak came to an end in 2004, and when MD had a title drought for close to 20 years, and when Bosco was average before Negro arrived.

• Like 1

Cal Hi Sports has the updated NFL list. 

Long Beach Poly leads the state with the most representatives on the 53-man rosters across the NFL, followed by De La Salle, Loyola, Serra (both Gardena & San Mateo), Taft and Grant (NorCal) all tied with 3 representatives. 

It’s surprising that zero Trinity League  schools made that list, considering their respective programs are run like professional football teams. 

• Haha 1