Some California news

Ararar

2 hours ago, MD87 said:

Dixon?  The only Dixon transferred in the summer of 2019, and played and spent his ENTIRE junior year at MD.  He's still here now, and will graduate early and leave for Ann Arbor in January. 

So let's say you're right about Moss.  That's a whopping three guys.  What a scandal.

Braiden Huffman-Dixon.... From Roosevelt of Eastvale since I had to look it up ....🤣.... All you have to do is Google “Mater Dei Football Transfers” and the Article comes up...🤣😀...

Its not a Scandal, it’s just not HSFB.... 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, MD87 said:

They say there are no dumb questions, but wow....

How can you say that?.,,, Servite QB has been there since Freshman year and almost beat SJB last year.... What has Moss Done that is any better?....

Why would a coach give up on a player they developed since their Freshman year who has had success in their system and is considered a top QB recruit in the state for a 1 semester rental?.... Isn’t this HSFB where you develop players in your system?....

Or is it Mercinary Ball where have to have the highest star recruit at ever position?..... Only MD and IMG play that way.....

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

How can you say that?.,,, Servite QB has been there since Freshman year and almost beat SJB last year.... What has Moss Done that is any better?....

Why would a coach give up on a player they developed since their Freshman year who has had success in their system and is considered a top QB recruit in the state for a 1 semester rental?.... Isn’t this HSFB where you develop players in your system?....

Or is it Mercinary Ball where have to have the highest star recruit at ever position?..... Only MD and IMG play that way.....

GA and TX say hold my beer. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

🤣🤣🤣 your MD IMG comparisons are terrible! I understand you feel some type of way because players transferred into MD and then transferred out, but no matter how you slice it we aren’t IMG 🤷‍♂️ In competitive sports, the best guy plays. How it’s always been at MD. We aren’t afraid to start freshman over seniors or bench somebody for not doing their job. Guy that earns the job plays, it’s that simple. Criddell (Your favorite example) got benched on the first drive of the CIF finals for blowing an assignment that led to a touchdown and was replaced by an underclassman that played the rest of the game. Why? Because whoever does their job the best plays. A few weeks later he checks out of school and took his boy with him. They wanted the stage MD could put them on and once it was over they bounced. Proceed to blame MD though. Also, his friend Sean dollars never started at running back because shakobe Harper (4 year monarch with 0 stars or offers) won the job. You were saying something about the guys with the most stars play at MD? If you want “feel good” Hs sports then go follow local teams? But the trinity league teams will always play the best guy. Is Troy Thomas going to sit stud Kenyan Burnett because somebody’s been in the program since their freshman year? 🤣

• Like 2

13 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

🤣🤣🤣 your MD IMG comparisons are terrible! I understand you feel some type of way because players transferred into MD and then transferred out, but no matter how you slice it we aren’t IMG 🤷‍♂️ In competitive sports, the best guy plays. How it’s always been at MD. We aren’t afraid to start freshman over seniors or bench somebody for not doing their job. Guy that earns the job plays, it’s that simple. Criddell (Your favorite example) got benched on the first drive of the CIF finals for blowing an assignment that led to a touchdown and was replaced by an underclassman that played the rest of the game. Why? Because whoever does their job the best plays. A few weeks later he checks out of school and took his boy with him. They wanted the stage MD could put them on and once it was over they bounced. Proceed to blame MD though. Also, his friend Sean dollars never started at running back because shakobe Harper (4 year monarch with 0 stars or offers) won the job. You were saying something about the guys with the most stars play at MD? If you want “feel good” Hs sports then go follow local teams? But the trinity league teams will always play the best guy. Is Troy Thomas going to sit stud Kenyan Burnett because somebody’s been in the program since their freshman year? 🤣

Note to self:  When not convincing anyone that MD doesn't benefit more than most by transfers.........drag Servite into it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Note to self:  When not convincing anyone that MD doesn't benefit more than most by transfers.........drag Servite into it.

Oh boy😂. Dude was basically saying only at MD a transfer will play over a 4 year guy so I gave an example. & you read that and your take away was that I was trying to convince people that MD doesn’t benefit from transfers?? Who teaches reading comprehension at St. Paul? 

How did the servite guys do in the winners circle contact camp? Wild that Troy let them participate. 

2 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Oh boy😂. Dude was basically saying only at MD a transfer will play over a 4 year guy so I gave an example. & you read that and your take away was that I was trying to convince people that MD doesn’t benefit from transfers?? Who teaches reading comprehension at St. Paul? 

How did the servite guys do in the winners circle contact camp? Wild that Troy let them participate. 

My take away was that you dragged Servite into it. 

If you read my statement and was able to properly comprehend (which you were unable to do), then you would not have attempted to drag St. Paul into the argument to further distract.  Sad.

• Haha 2

On 9/22/2020 at 9:29 PM, THEOC89 said:

Braiden Huffman-Dixon.... From Roosevelt of Eastvale since I had to look it up ....🤣.... All you have to do is Google “Mater Dei Football Transfers” and the Article comes up...🤣😀...

Its not a Scandal, it’s just not HSFB.... 

"it's just not HSFB..."  In your opinion.  

• Like 1

On 9/22/2020 at 9:35 PM, THEOC89 said:

Who knows what the hell happened to SJB last year.  Jet lag from HI?  That was the 1 game in a hundred that Servite comes that close to knocking off Bosco.  MD embarrassed Servite last year, like they've been embarrassing them for almost the past decade (and two decades prior to that).  I love Fifita's game, too, but no way in hell Servite wouldn't wanna see what Moss could do if given the chance.  His upside is far higher.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MD87 said:

MD embarrassed Servite last year, like they've been embarrassing them for almost the past decade (and two decades prior to that). 

The biggest one sided rivalry in all of HS sports. They’re lucky to piggyback off of our name. 20+ years without a win and it looks like the future will be the same. Embarrassing. I still won’t wear black socks because Rollo hates those guys and wouldn’t let us wear them. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

The biggest one sided rivalry in all of HS sports. They’re lucky to piggyback off of our name. 20+ years without a win and it looks like the future will be the same. Embarrassing. I still won’t wear black socks because Rollo hates those guys and wouldn’t let us wear them. 

Not so sure about that . Servite could do exactly what MD has done , been irrelevant for practically 20 yrs and then all of sudden , because of recruits ( transfers ) , turn the tables and become the team to beat down there. Live by the sword , die by the sword . 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

Not so sure about that . Servite could do exactly what MD has done , been irrelevant for practically 20 yrs and then all of sudden , because of recruits ( transfers ) , turn the tables and become the team to beat down there. Live by the sword , die by the sword . 

Can they? They obviously accept transfers ( & have a youth feeder team that practices on campus) so why haven’t they? I like how the “irrelevant” MD teams are still better than the usual teams at servite lmao. We made multiple playoff runs & played in multiple CIF championships before winning it all again, which is Insignificant for our program because we like to win, just reiterating the difference in standards. ( I know servite celebrates the games they almost won, see SJB last year)  But, tell your folks at servite to get on it. (If they can?)  Unfortunately they have poor coaching and facilities and do not attract big time players or transfers. It is what it is. They’ll always be little bro. Have been before the transfers, will be after them.  Looking forward to another 20+ years! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MD87 said:

Who knows what the hell happened to SJB last year.  Jet lag from HI?  That was the 1 game in a hundred that Servite comes that close to knocking off Bosco.  MD embarrassed Servite last year, like they've been embarrassing them for almost the past decade (and two decades prior to that).  I love Fifita's game, too, but no way in hell Servite wouldn't wanna see what Moss could do if given the chance.  His upside is far higher.

No Argument here regarding MD Dominating Servite.... The rest is just Your Opinion.... 

You could convince me that SJB would take Moss for a 1 Semester Rental but no way would Servite dump their Current QB for that.... TT would never do that to a kid that talented that has been in his program....  Servite’s QB is like one of the top 10 in the state....

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Can they? They obviously accept transfers ( & have a youth feeder team that practices on campus) so why haven’t they? I like how the “irrelevant” MD teams are still better than the usual teams at servite lmao. We made multiple playoff runs & played in multiple CIF championships before winning it all again, which is Insignificant for our program because we like to win, just reiterating the difference in standards. ( I know servite celebrates the games they almost won, see SJB last year)  But, tell your folks at servite to get on it. (If they can?)  Unfortunately they have poor coaching and facilities and do not attract big time players or transfers. It is what it is. They’ll always be little bro. Have been before the transfers, will be after them.  Looking forward to another 20+ years! 

Somehow I don't get your timeline . Wasn't Servite beating you guys in 2009 and 2010 ? And what years before 2016 were you playing in cif championships ?  Wasn't the last one in 2000 ? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CaliNorth said:

Somehow I don't get your timeline . Wasn't Servite beating you guys in 2009 and 2010 ? And what years before 2016 were you playing in cif championships ?  Wasn't the last one in 2000 ? 

Oh ten years ago, yeah, unfortunately they won a couple times. (Was referring to the streak before that) But, as you know, gotta let lil bro win every once in a while to keep them entertained. & No sir, MD played in the finals in 2012-13 against Poly, & 13-14 against Bosco, then again in ‘16 during JT’s sophomore year. MD was 6 points shy of playing in the finals against Bosco during JT’s freshman year in ‘15, losing to a centennial team that would eventually win the title. Many good teams during the “irrelevant” years. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Oh ten years ago, yeah, unfortunately they won a couple times. But, as you know, gotta let lil bro win every once in a while to keep them entertained. We’ll beat em up for another 20 years. Not sure how a few wins every few decades makes them relevant but 🤷‍♂️.  & No, MD played in the finals in 2012-13 against Poly, & 13-14 against Bosco, then again in ‘16 during JT’s sophomore year. MD was 6 points shy of playing in the finals against Bosco during JT’s freshman year, losing to a centennial team that would eventually win the title. Many good teams during the “irrelevant” years. 

I'm not 100 % sure, but I think you are mistaken about MD's appearance in socal finals . 2012 , Cen10 beat Narbonne and Bosco in 2014 beat cen10 . JT was a junior in 2016 when MD was beaten in their first socal finals appearance since 1999 ? ( was that the year they tied Poly in final )

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, CaliNorth said:

I'm not 100 % sure, but I think you are mistaken about MD's appearance in socal finals . 2012 , Cen10 beat Narbonne and Bosco in 2014 beat cen10 . JT was a junior in 2016 when MD was beaten in their first socal finals appearance since 1999 ? ( was that the year they tied Poly in final )

No. JT won the finals his junior year (‘17-‘18), he never played his senior season due to enrolling early at SC. Lost to bosco in the finals his sophomore year (‘16-‘17). Lost to cen10 in the semis his freshman year (‘15-‘16). MD played LBP in the Pac 5 finals in ‘12-‘13 year and bosco in the finals in ‘13-‘14. 

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

No. JT won the finals his junior year (‘17-‘18), he never played his senior season due to enrolling early at SC. Lost to bosco in the finals his sophomore year (‘16-‘17). Lost to cen10 in the semis his freshman year (‘15-‘16). MD played LBP in the Pac 5 finals in ‘12-‘13 year and bosco in the finals in ‘13-‘14. 

2012 was the first year they implemented the playin game, hence a socal final . 2012 was cen10 vs narbonne. 2013 was cen10 vs SJB, then again in 2014 and 2015 . No MD unti 2016 when they lost to Bosco . I thought Daniels enrolled early to USC . He played 4 seasons for MD, didn't he ?

24 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

2012 was the first year they implemented the playin game, hence a socal final . 2012 was cen10 vs narbonne. 2013 was cen10 vs SJB, then again in 2014 and 2015 . No MD unti 2016 when they lost to Bosco . I thought Daniels enrolled early to USC . He played 4 seasons for MD, didn't he ?

I understand they started the regional game that year, still doesn’t change the fact that MD played for the cifss title that year and the next. Both at angel stadium I believe. MD played in the finals in ‘12-‘13 & ‘13-‘14. Here are the brackets. Poly & bosco both have cifss championship rings for winning these games over MD. Not talking about a state title game or regional game. MD played in the finals in back to back years against poly & bosco, then played again in the finals in ‘16 before winning it all in ‘17. You saying that MD Didn’t play in the CIFSS championship until ‘16 is inaccurate. Daniels played 3 years at Mater Dei, skipping his senior year to enroll at USC. 

9B9FA8FB-C6D5-42E5-81A8-EFAE32115099.jpeg

0E5F9E05-22C5-4AB8-B683-FD9E732A5B7E.jpeg

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Oh ten years ago, yeah, unfortunately they won a couple times. (Was referring to the streak before that) But, as you know, gotta let lil bro win every once in a while to keep them entertained. & No sir, MD played in the finals in 2012-13 against Poly, & 13-14 against Bosco, then again in ‘16 during JT’s sophomore year. MD was 6 points shy of playing in the finals against Bosco during JT’s freshman year in ‘15, losing to a centennial team that would eventually win the title. Many good teams during the “irrelevant” years. 

MD has only lost to Servite 3 times during the Rollo era. I like to feel, the 3rd straight loss to Servite had a major effect on Rollo making major changes to make MD become the powerhouse again they are now.

That CC 2015 team, it hurts thinking about that one.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

I have never heard of a ‘SoCal final’. In the lower divisions they would have regional state games with the winner playing in the state finals. This has often been the LA city champion versus a San Diego champion. The winner of the CIF SS Division 1 finals has gone straight to play DLS.

here are the facts. In 2012 MD lost to Poly in the CIF SS Div 1 finals. In 2013 and 2016 they lost in the finals to Bosco. These were not ‘SoCal final’ games.

JT Daniels played 3 years at MD as he reclassified and skipped his senior year of high school.

• Thanks 1