Some California news

Ararar

On 11/13/2020 at 6:42 PM, Extremely Humble said:

I agree with you, sadly. There's not going to be a football season in California. Newsom will make sure of it. 

Agreed. Today was the nail in the coffin. It’s sad because all the experts said that we will have increasing numbers in the Winter, yet the geniuses at the CIF schedule football for the Winter, when most of the country has had a successful Fall season.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Agreed. Today was the nail in the coffin. It’s sad because all the experts said that we will have increasing numbers in the Winter, yet the geniuses at the CIF schedule football for the Winter, when most of the country has had a successful Fall season.

I feel bad for all the kids that are going to miss their senior year because of complete incompetence from those making these decisions. 

• Like 2

On 11/17/2020 at 9:27 AM, HurricaneNick said:

724 student-athletes achieved a 4.0 or better this past spring semester. Academic, artistic, and athletic excellence! 

5E69B7EB-3994-40AD-8D19-57D8E8810583.jpeg

We did not need a graphic design student at Santa Ana JC to mock up this IG Post. We all know what a cake walk the education truly is at MD.

But, even I cannot I honestly believe nearly 60% of the entire student body at MD received straight A’s. What a joke! 

Goodness gracious! 

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, 1901VeniceCub said:

We did not need a graphic design student at Santa Ana JC to mock up this IG Post. We all know what a cake walk the education truly is at MD.

But, even I cannot I honestly believe nearly 60% of the entire student body at MD received straight A’s. What a joke! 

Goodness gracious! 

I love your MD obsession I think its so sweet!  Pull out the SAT scores son!!😂 Just DO NOT post the football record your transfer QB led you to. Once again, really hoping the garbage cubs can get above .500 this season! Been so long!! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Very sad to see the insane restrictions put in place by Newsom. Orange County has had it better than L.A. county, (which is part of why I just moved to Newport Beach!) but there's just no way they'll be able to have any sort of season with this draconian approach. The really maddening thing is, I have a feeling we could find ourselves in a place where multiple vaccines have been available for several months, and STILL find most everything shut down "out of an abundance of caution". Who'd have ever thought that fleeing California may, in all seriousness, be a matter of wanting to get one's  freedom back?

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

The restrictions (at least in L.A. county) were such that you could do "drills" but couldn't play games. This included beach volleyball. You drive into Hermosa Beach along Pier Ave. and a big mobile alert sign says "No team sports". Thankfully, Hermosa P.D. never enforced it. People would bring their own nets to hang up (the city took the regular nets down) to get games in. I'm sure the police realized how stupid it would be to sit and watch to see if the volleyball going on switched from drills to a game. Of course, any day now it will all be closed as they county's residents will be imprisoned in their homes for the remainder of 2020. Thank goodness I'm at least in OC now, though it's small consolation. I hope the kids at least get a winter/spring season! But, I wouldn't count on it.

2 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Happy Thanksgiving! There should be many great programs across the state practicing this morning, hoping we can all get back to that next year. 

It’s just not Thanksgiving unless the Monarchs are holding an open practice in front of alumni in preparation for a big game. 

• Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

The best receiver in the state ditches the ducks and flips to the Trojans! Fight On! \|/

Looks like another Monarch will also flip to the Trojans before signing day

That's awesome. I am surprised Kyron flipped since his older brother plays for the ducks. I wouldn't be surprised to see Davies and/or Davis flip. 

3 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

That's awesome. I am surprised Kyron flipped since his older brother plays for the ducks. I wouldn't be surprised to see Davies and/or Davis flip. 

Kyron was a huge surprise flip. I do expect Raesjon to end up SC, they never took the foot off the gas in his recruitment. Hopefully Dante can flip Jaylin too. He was hired to keep the top DB’s in So Cal at home and so far the only true corner in the ‘21 USC recruiting class is from something something trail. 🙃 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Kyron was a huge surprise flip. I do expect Raesjon to end up SC, they never took the foot off the gas in his recruitment. Hopefully Dante can flip Jaylin too. He was hired to keep the top DB’s in So Cal at home and so far the only true corner in the ‘21 USC recruiting class is from something something trail. 🙃 

Really surprised me, as well.  I know the LSU luster has to have worn off a bit for Raesjon, but I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in Columbus, either.  His Dad's been pretty critical of SC for quite some time, so for me, that would be a surprise.  We'll see.   

46 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Throw UGA in the convo, we need help over in Athens. 

bgw

• Haha 1

With football requiring at least 14 days of practice before a game, many nonleague contests already scheduled in early January, including the much anticipated 2019 CIF Open Division championship rematch between De La Salle (Concord) and 2019 MaxPreps national champion St. John Bosco (Bellflower), will probably be postponed or canceled. 

De La Salle coach Justin Alumbaugh remains optimistic, if not pliable.  

"If nothing else, everyone through this pandemic has learned to be very, very flexible right now," he said. 

Alumbaugh said he wasn't surprised by Tuesday's announcement. That's why he's not ruling out a De La Salle-Bosco contest sometime this winter or spring.  

"There are still a lot of moving parts," Alumbaugh said. "(Bosco) coach (Jason) Negro and I were aware of this contingency. We will definitely be in touch to get our game in somehow." 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1