Some California news

Ararar

12 hours ago, Ararar said:

With football requiring at least 14 days of practice before a game, many nonleague contests already scheduled in early January, including the much anticipated 2019 CIF Open Division championship rematch between De La Salle (Concord) and 2019 MaxPreps national champion St. John Bosco (Bellflower), will probably be postponed or canceled. 

De La Salle coach Justin Alumbaugh remains optimistic, if not pliable.  

"If nothing else, everyone through this pandemic has learned to be very, very flexible right now," he said. 

Alumbaugh said he wasn't surprised by Tuesday's announcement. That's why he's not ruling out a De La Salle-Bosco contest sometime this winter or spring.  

"There are still a lot of moving parts," Alumbaugh said. "(Bosco) coach (Jason) Negro and I were aware of this contingency. We will definitely be in touch to get our game in somehow." 

That's how a real coach does it.  Moves mountains in order to play the reigning and possible repeat national champs. Not like others who would not even dare schedule a SJB or would use their get out of jail free card to cancel the game.  Great job coach. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ararar said:

eric sondheimer

@latsondheimer

Transfers in Southern Section this school year have dropped dramatically from 4,458 July through November last year to 1,001 this year. There's no sports. Valid residence changes have dropped by 88%.

I guess on-line band is not even getting transfers 😂

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, SoCalFball said:

State Releases Updated Guidelines

Based off what the state released yesterday I don’t see HS football being played in the spring or at all. Says counties need to get to orange tier to be able to play. If you aren’t from here the tiers go purple, red, orange, yellow. 

I like how they now use "Tiers" like us.

Also the Tiers are based (I think) on hospital bed capacity.  The County had  6 months notice to increase the bed capacity but did virtually nothing in that regard.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

This is current ICU bed capacity. SoCal is no bueno. Cali won’t see high school football until 2022. 

B7A3524A-4FEF-4164-9793-149CE886B2D3.jpeg

I really feel for my good friend @Sammyswordsman. He has patiently waited for 10 years for Servite to have a good team again and then covid hits. We'll be lucky to see this class of players play one full season together. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

I really feel for my good friend @Sammyswordsman. He has patiently waited for 10 years for Servite to have a good team again and then covid hits. We'll be lucky to see this class of players play one full season together. 

Definitely waited.  Patiently? not so much.  You are right.  This F'ing SUCKS!  All my plans.......ruined........and for what?  All my chances for REVENGE and RESPECT....DENIED!.....What is boils down to is the the NOR Cal politicians in Sacramento baked this whole Fake crises just to DENY me my RIGHTFUL and Likley State Championship.

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Definitely waited.  Patiently? not so much.  You are right.  This F'ing SUCKS!  All my plans.......ruined........and for what?  All my chances for REVENGE and RESPECT....DENIED!.....What is boils down to is the the NOR Cal politicians in Sacramento baked this whole Fake crises just to DENY me my RIGHTFUL and Likley State Championship.

Let's not forget the Chinese and other international co conspirators Sammy!

It's a global issue.

bgw

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

"Likely State Championship"?!  LMAO!  Woulda been MD by 3+ TDs, just like every year these days.  More like Servite must have been diligently praying their Rosary's to receive this gift of a one-year reprieve from regular embarrassment. 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/15/2020 at 2:15 PM, Bodysurf said:

This is current ICU bed capacity. SoCal is no bueno. Cali won’t see high school football until 2022. 

B7A3524A-4FEF-4164-9793-149CE886B2D3.jpeg

Total crap.   Still fuming!  They had 6 months to build more beds.  They didn't so now they use that as the metric to keep everyone locked down.  Overall # of deaths in 2020 (USA) is flat with 2019.   smh.  The sand is running out

.image.jpeg.01a5b5b782635b01d58cf560052c3394.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Raesjon Davis

@raesjon1

Tiger nation thank you for everything. I have had some great memories in such little time. As of now I would like to decommit from LSU and explore each of my options thoroughly.

10:14 AM · Dec 21, 2020 from Norco, CA·Twitter for iPhone

where is he ending up at?

• Thanks 1