Some California news

DLS issue have little to do with MD and Bosco’s QB play and have everything to do with DLS not being big enough at center...the veer doesn’t work if your center gets pushed back a yard after the snap. The 300LB SoCal Polynesian are why DLS will never win an open again...

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Motherfucker you better take that back!!!!!!!!!!

Your team got smoked by a second rate veer team, after scraping by Edison. It’s time for you to hit the trail.   Oops, sorry, you already got hit by the trail. 

Why do you post on a national board when you support a team that's not nationally relevant?

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Eddyr2 said:

DLS issue have little to do with MD and Bosco’s QB play and have everything to do with DLS not being big enough at center...the veer doesn’t work if your center gets pushed back a yard after the snap. The 300LB SoCal Polynesian are why DLS will never win an open again...

I disagree 

DLS averaged 24 points over the last 3 open games even with all their turnovers and penalties.The problem was they gave up an average of 45 over those 3 games.How many points are BY and DJ worth to their teams?

With those two great HS QB gone this years game would have been much more competitive 

• Like 3
13 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

Imo, if DLS were to have a center big enough to handle a 300lb lineman it just wouldn't have been enough to overcome the qb play of BY/Daniels and DJ. Those were special qb's, especially BY.  Those guy's dropped dimes all over the field and were smart enough to find any weakness or soft spot and exploit it.  

I will also add that if DLS were to do the transfer thing like they do in SoCal they would be competitive no matter who was qb for SoCal.  IMHO.  But you do make a good point on line size.  The small linemen just won't get it done against the better teams even with the system and coaching.  

2 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Imo, if DLS were to have a center big enough to handle a 300lb lineman it just wouldn't have been enough to overcome the qb play of BY/Daniels and DJ. Those were special qb's, especially BY.  Those guy's dropped dimes all over the field and were smart enough to find any weakness or soft spot and exploit it.  

I will also add that if DLS were to do the transfer thing like they do in SoCal they would be competitive no matter who was qb for SoCal.  IMHO.  But you do make a good point on line size.  The small linemen just won't get it done against the better teams even with the system and coaching.  

Last game against SJB , there was no problem for DLS o-line vs SJB D-line. The main factor was that Dela's o-line was significantly better than the 2018 o-line .  What Dela lacked last game against SJB was a top pass rusher on D like the year before with Foskey . Also , the lb's were significantly worse also than the year before . Dela needs a year when it all comes together where they are solid in all areas of the game ,  instead of glaring weaknesses when playing those 2 socal giants. It is doable , and may only come around once in a blue moon because those socal teams will never have glaring weaknesses due to the fact that their transfer policies allow them  to reload every year to fill in any areas where they are lacking

• Like 1
On 2/20/2021 at 11:48 AM, CaliNorth said:

Alumbaugh definitely is changing the offense to more of a hybrid . Lot of learning pains , but they will get more skill players ( qb, receivers ) enrolling . Hopefully some big lineman 

The other big issue is the schedule that Dela plays . They have so much time in between games at the end of season due to a crazy playoff system that lets Dela only play 2 playoff games . In 2018 I believe , at one point they only played 1 game in 6 weeks due to smoke from fires . Dela has always gotten sharper and more refined as season progresses , and they really need those games to reach their peak. It seems it takes Dela a full quarter and a half when playing MD or SJB to get their rhythm and to adjust to the speed of the game . In other words , they enter those games a bit rusty 

Excuse Thread material

Pretty good stuff for Feb. but still............

Excuse Thread material

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Excuse Thread material

Pretty good stuff for Feb. but still............

Excuse Thread material

It is an excuse , but  I think it is a legit one . The crazy playoff schedule they have up north is just another reason I was trying to point out as to why they are so sloppy with to's . Last season , though , with the experienced qb , I think they there was only 1 to before that 14 point swing at end of game . It's called progress !

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

It is an excuse , but  I think it is a legit one . The crazy playoff schedule they have up north is just another reason I was trying to point out as to why they are so sloppy with to's . Last season , though , with the experienced qb , I think they there was only 1 to before that 14 point swing at end of game . It's called progress !

You do have a point.  6 weeks off between games is ridiculous.  Teams get sloppy after 1 bye week

6 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

You do have a point.  6 weeks off between games is ridiculous.  Teams get sloppy after 1 bye week

I look forward to seeing Servite and if they can possibly beat an SJB this season also . I know Covid changes everything but it would be a cool thing to see Servite get back in conversation

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, badrouter said:

The private schools are going to have to give the bird finger to the government. The government shouldn't be regulating private schools. Play some games!

Public schools are having football meetings as we speak so they can begin playing as well

• Like 1
1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

949B5053-2E3E-4FE8-8EAD-7E0A242EFA1E.jpeg

And to think they lost Jaylin Davies who enrolled early at Oregon. The depth of talent in the secondary and linebackers is crazy. It says a lot if Rollo thinks this secondary group is better than 2018 that had Ricks (LSU), Green-Warren (Michigan) and Criddell (Oklahoma).

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

And to think they lost Jaylin Davies who enrolled early at Oregon. The depth of talent in the secondary and linebackers is crazy. It says a lot if Rollo thinks this secondary group is better than 2018 that had Ricks (LSU), Green-Warren (Michigan) and Criddell (Oklahoma).

when EJ has DB depth watch out..."Pin you ear back and bring the heat! we are running Jet on every play"

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Bout time, most of you pussies were gone until now. 
Yeah Eddie, you!

Bgw 

Are you are what you eat…

been too busy getting thicc as phuc...your boy is...

J

A

C

K

E

D

!

• Haha 3